- Synthesis
- Ingrain
- Tickle
- Worry Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap

Pros:
- Chlorophyll allows it to become an incredibly fast sweeper in the Sun.
- Has some interesting support options, such as Strength Sap, Encore, and Sleep Powder
- Managed to keep Toxic
- Better than Scovillain, at least

Cons:
- Fairly slow outside of Sun. Even in Sun, it falls short of some noteworthy targets, such as Booster Valiant.
- Incredibly frail
- Has issues fitting everything it wants to run into one moveset. For example, if running a boosting move, fitting in Strength Sap or Sleep Powder becomes much more difficult.
- Weak to Fire before Terastalizing, which is not good for something that wants to be in Sun all the time.

Terastalization Potential:
: Fire is the obvious choice for a Chlorophyll sweeper. STAB- and Sun-boosted Weather Balls hurt, and you also lose your Fire and Ice weaknesses, which is nice.
: Grants a resistance to Kingambit's Sucker Punch, potentially reducing the chances of get murdered mid-sweep. If you can fit in Tera Blast, you also get a strong option against Dragons.
: Gain the benefits of same-type Tera while losing your Fire weakness. This also means that it's safe to run Black Sludge on certain sets, which could be nice.
: STAB Knock Off go brrrr, I guess. A lot of your resistances become weaknesses, though, which sucks.

Possible Sets:

Special Attacker
Victreebel @ Black Sludge / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Poison / Fire / Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb / Tera Blast
- Weather Ball

Sun Sweeper
Victreebel @ Life Orb / Occa Berry
Tera Type: Fire / Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb / Tera Blast / Sleep Powder

Swords Dance
Victreebel @ Life Orb / Occa Berry
Tera Type: Fire / Dark / Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Tera Blast / Poison Jab / Sleep Powder

Last edited:
Victreebel has always been a neat mon to me even if its not really had a chance to be very viable in OU after Gen 1. I imagine it being a lot better in the lower tiers, not even for sun sweeper sets but for the Strength Sap ones.

Its a bit of a shame though that come DLC2 both Venusaur AND Vileplume will be coming back. Both of these will likely usurp any niche Victreebel would have even in lower tiers, but still it'll be fun while it lasts.

I wonder if it's best to just run Solarbeam > Giga Drain. I get that Solarbeam has downsides but it's a 46% damage increase and if there isn't sun and you're running Victreebel (in OU) then something has gone terribly wrong. You still get Sludge Bomb to nail Ninetales-A, Pelipper and Torkoal so it's only really Tyranitar that you lose out on beating.

I'm not really sure what sets this apart from Venusaur to validate running it in OU. +2 Tera Dark Knock Off OHKOs Heatran but so does non-Tera Venu EQ. Strength Sap is one of the best moves in the game but it's on something that's more frail than Breloom. Encore is cool to give yourself a free setup turn but Sleep Powder works about as well. Weirdly this doesn't even get Solar Blade which could feasibly give it SOMETHING Venusaur can't do.

I wonder when its better to run weather ball or tera blast.

252 SpA Victreebel Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Sun: 137-162 (33.9 - 40%) -- 35.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tera Fire Victreebel Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Sun: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tera blast seemingly does more, and when sun runs out gives you a more reliable fire move. The main problem is... you have to tera otherwise you have nothing, but victreebel seems like a mon where you're probably going to send it out and try to win the game off it anyways, its a high risk high reward mon.

I wonder when its better to run weather ball or tera blast.

252 SpA Victreebel Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Sun: 137-162 (33.9 - 40%) -- 35.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Tera Fire Victreebel Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew in Sun: 165-195 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tera blast seemingly does more, and when sun runs out gives you a more reliable fire move. The main problem is... you have to tera otherwise you have nothing, but victreebel seems like a mon where you're probably going to send it out and try to win the game off it anyways, its a high risk high reward mon.
You are calcing weather ball damage without tera fire. That's the reason you see more damage in tera blast fire.

If sun is up, weather ball is better and no forces you to tera to be useful. I recomend weather ball > tera blast fire. The only pro for tera blast is less sun dependency.

You could run a more mixed set with chlorophyll victorebell or at least do growth + giga drain/weather ball/knock off. Another physical move could be used over knock off and on the SD set terra ground isn't so bad for handling heatran as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)