Rumia
Part
Blacknightgawain
Miyoko
Wonter

Below D
Arvinraj K III C
TrainerPla
Fleeting memories (Cool person tho buy them)
Potatochan will not play 1v1 :blobpensive:

Last edited:
Well guys bye i couldnt get drafted :( but i wont give up i tried for Agpl V, HPL IV and i thought third time was the lucky time so i tried for UMPL IV but i didnt get drafted keep your heads up everyone who didnt get drafted and those who got drafted congrats you deserve it :) bye guys hope we meet again
ps... it was a great experience mock drafting and contributing a lot in the commencement chat

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello, I would like to publicly apologize for my blatant fucking pricefixing in UMPL III.

I had originally signed up to play NFE, because the current ZU format borred and I was burnt out post ZUPL. I genuinely didn't want to play / build ZU at that point. However, post DLC ZU is very different from the ZU we had in ZUPL and it actually had fun playing it for last couple days. I decided to edit my signup to remove the mentions of me not wanting to play ZU.

As there was no tier lock, I thought it would be funny to change tier played as well, as tier played is a useless field. I posted there to draw attention on me editing my signup and people would get that the 2v2 only part was a joke. I just wanted to make fun of the absence of tier lock, but in the hindsight, the joke wasn't obvious and it was just very silly to do this. I'm sorry for breaking the trust people had in me and ruining the competitive integrity of the tour.

I'm not going to appeal the punishment I received, as I've realized that what I did was wrong.

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion

DripLegend

a fake charisma
is a Forum Moderator
1v1 Circuit Champion
Hello, I would like to publicly apologize for my blatant fucking pricefixing in UMPL III.

I had originally signed up to play NFE, because the current ZU format borred and I was burnt out post ZUPL. I genuinely didn't want to play / build ZU at that point. However, post DLC ZU is very different from the ZU we had in ZUPL and it actually had fun playing it for last couple days. I decided to edit my signup to remove the mentions of me not wanting to play ZU.

As there was no tier lock, I thought it would be funny to change tier played as well, as tier played is a useless field. I posted there to draw attention on me editing my signup and people would get that the 2v2 only part was a joke. I just wanted to make fun of the absence of tier lock, but in the hindsight, the joke wasn't obvious and it was just very silly to do this. I'm sorry for breaking the trust people had in me and ruining the competitive integrity of the tour.

I'm not going to appeal the punishment I received, as I've realized that what I did was wrong.
1695327069508.png

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
After literal days of me forgetting to post this I finally come to you with this year's Fragments UMPL Power Rankings (the crowd goes crazy). A little disclaimer before we begin, 1) If you are offended by where I place your team or what I say about you remember I am just a random man on the internet and my opinion should mean very little to you, this is all just for fun and 2) even if I place you low that doesn't mean your team is doomed if anything you should just take it as motivation to make my eat my words. Alrighty now let's hop on into it:

1. Majestic Meowscaradas
SV AG: tier
SV AG: Leni
SV 1v1: Mishlef
SV 1v1: Lumii
SV ZU: fish anemometer
SV ZU: Drud
SV 2v2: Chris32156
SV NFE: shiloh
Subs: 3d, dunoks, Lunala
This is now the third tour this month Mada and I have drafted vs each other and this fucker loves to ruthlessly upbid me in all of them LOL. My strong desire to toss him in a lake aside, this is prolly my favorite team he's put together of the three. I don't expect tier or Leni to prep they'll just load up whatever they like and play, but that'll likely be good enough. This is my favorite 1v1 core in the tour, it shows me these guys really did their homework. Mishlef is a workhorse and Lumii has been one of the most consistent 1v1ers as of late. Great zu core as well, fish and Drud should do great here, idk where Drud's motivation is at but even an unmotivated Drud should do well. Rounding it out is Chris on 2v2 and shiloh on nfe altho I heard Lunala will step in on nfe as well, Chris had a rough ompl but has all the fundamentals to bring himself back and have a good tour here. Whether it's shiloh or Lunala on nfe both have the the playing ability to keep up with the field. Great subs too that'll need to be fed if they sub in but can take on any tier with a team in hand. Still a bit unsure who's doing the actual building for some of these slots I've talked to a couple friends on this team and keep getting different answers so idek if they know kek, I'm sure they'll figure it out tho. All in all this team has virtually no holes and shouldn't flop.

2. Petalblade Guardians
SV AG: Taka
SV AG: corvere
SV 1v1: Slip
SV 1v1: zioziotrip
SV ZU: Monai
SV ZU: Tuthur
SV 2v2: Orangex
SV NFE: elleapple
Subs: velvet, Lyna, Wonter, PA, BeTheShadow, SwordIsBored, Quinn, Scizor Boladao
Let's get the elephant in the room outta the way which is Tuthur's blatant pricefixing, bro is a total tool (this is the nicest word I could use here without speedrunning icbb) but I don't wanna talk to much about it because it shouldn't mar the great draft Dybala and Airi put together. And what a great draft indeed, Taka and corvere make up one of my favorite ag cores from a prep perspective, I expect them both to put in a lotta effort here. There are some tough players in this pool they'll have to contend with but I still expect a joint positive record. 1v1 core is interesting, Slip is very capable of doing well altho this is one of the tougher pools so he'll have to work really hard here, zio idek how to rate cause he's a top 5 maybe even top 3 1v1er of all time imo but he didn't even wanna play 1v1. Since he's such a standup dude I imagine he'll still give his best here but I could see him giving up on this slot if things don't go his way. Ofc the zu core is now prolly the strongest in the tour, Monai alone is cracked and now you couple that with 5k Tuthur, this pair should drop very little games and will be a tough puzzle to solve for all teams. The one hole in this team is the final nfe + 2v2 core. Orange knows the basics of 2v2 and it's not an insane pool, but he is very much on the lower end of the spectrum skill wise. I woulda started PA here tbh. Admittedly idk much about elle but going off what people said in pre-draft prs, she's a good builder but lacking as a player, so this may be a tough tour for her with some really great nfe players in the pool. Subs are fine, I cant see many of em needing to sub in minus maybe velvet, Wonter and PA. Overall, team has the tools to do well and I'm expecting big things from them.

3. Pewter Paos
SV AG: jb291
SV AG: Future king of ou
SV 1v1: Vertigo
SV 1v1: gorilaa
SV ZU: love chants
SV ZU: JustFranco
SV 2v2: RobDog747
SV NFE: clean
Subs: polt, Toto, 5Dots, KeanuGrindingArc
Very solid team here with great playoff potential. The ag jerk seems to be split on what they think about jb and Fkou, with some thinking they were some of the best options here and others ranking them near the bottom. The closest thing to a general consensus that I could gather was that these two do best vs opponents that do minimal prep into them since they're very limited in team choice, and given how sweaty these teams are that could be a problem. But, they both did well in agpl so I'm not counting em out. Vertigo and gorilaa is a nice 1v1 core, idk if the 2 will necessarily mesh well together but even both on their own will do alright. Tough pool tho so they'll have to put in a lotta effort here. Great zu core with love chants and Franco, idt chants had an amazing zupl but still a solid player and Franco is a menace, ik he said he won't prep in his signup tho so I'm curious to see what his results will be like here. 2v2 is a bit underwhelming, I like RobDog he's got the fundamentals but against some top players without any support he could flounder. And clean ofc is clean, only has 5Dots support but that is already more support than he had in ompl and he did well there, bro can get lost in the builder sometimes but he's still the most threatening player on this tier rn. Quite decent subs, Toto can def sub into zu if need be and I imagine we'll be seeing polt on ag with some people even confused why he's not starting there. Good drafting all around.

4. Triste Ting-Lu's
SV AG: temp
SV AG: TaxFraud
SV 1v1: clerica
SV 1v1: LittEleven
SV ZU: TJ
SV ZU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d
SV 2v2: Aldrich
SV NFE: Lepton
Subs: OranBerryBlissey10, Mimikyu Stardust, autumn, Clementine, AlyssaVGC
I honestly really like this team, I think the 4th place placement can be a bit misleading since there are just a lotta great teams here and ranking em is tough but this team certainly isn't bad by any means. The ag core looks fine, idt temp comes to mind when they think of phenomenal ag players but he prolly knows what hes doing enough and it's not a terribly strong pool anyways. I could see him scoring some big upset wins here tbh. Tax said he was unmotivated but after talking to him pre-draft I also think he'll do well here, he's willing to prep and will try his best. Ofc clerica is the best 1v1 you could ask for and while Litt didn't have a great 1v1pl I think people are counting him out too soon, he's had good results in the past, is currently doing well in HPL, and with clerica support he could do very nicely here as well. This zu core is the most volatile core I've seen in my life, you have the recently freed TJ and the goat of zu drama Sinnoh. TJ is a great player on paper but doesn't do amazing when he doesn't care and idk how much he cares for this tour, Sinnoh is in a sort of similar boat but the issue there is less "is he gonna care" and more "is he gonna troll." If they both take this tour seriously they could be a frightening core but idt they will, idk prove me wrong guys. Somehow I don't have much familiarly with Aldrich despite 2v2 being my community but I've heard he's good so I'll say he's good. Lepton is tough to gauge here, as I've heard her building is fire but she is liable to struggle in game. Idt this team has to worry too much about their zu and nfe slots tho cause they have great subs in OBB, Mimi and Clem. This team for sure has the potential to nab a playoffs spot if all their pieces fall together.

5. Suave Shadow Riders
SV AG: The Strap
SV AG: LBN
SV 1v1: eblurb
SV 1v1: swag god
SV ZU: Potatochan
SV ZU: Splash
SV 2v2: Kaif
SV NFE: awyp
Subs: Part, BlackKnight_Gawain, jay, pannu, plznostep, Ina fable, raf
There were some very interesting choices in this draft and I do not say interesting with a positive connotation. Strap went for a hell of a lot more than I expected, he was one of the best ag options tbf but idt he even builds for himself. Tough to say if LBN's building will carry, I always hear mixed things about LBN so idek how they'll do on their own slot. This 1v1 core is fine ig, eblurb kinda didn't give a shit last year but maybe he'll give more of a shit this time around since he's surrounded by buds now, swag god can win games the biggest challenge there is his teammates needing to refrain from karate chopping him in the throat when he loses all brain cells in chat. Potato and Splash is a decent zu core made up of good players who don't play zu. I'm guessing plznostep will assist them here but they honestly coulda used more zu help so this core could falter a bit. Then again zu isn't a terribly hard meta to pick up so maybe I'm full of shit. Kaif was arguably the best 2v2 option in the pool the fact that he was one of the cheapest is straight laughs. I'm not too familiar with awyp, I'm gonna assume they're not a mainer tho and they don't have great support here. This team ranks low because they struggle with cohesion, they drafted 2 different 1v1/2v2 cores for some reason and now had to bench their second most expensive player who I don't imagine will do much from bench given Kaif is self-sufficient. All their subs can potentially hop in when needed but won't be too useful with prep, and they have a lotta areas on this team that could be prone to disaster. They'll need a lot of things to go their way here if they have playoff aspirations, which isn't impossible so they still shouldn't be taken lightly.

6. Doom Desire Jirachis
SV AG: PrimalKyogre
SV AG: Agcl2 Ragib
SV 1v1: Palestine
SV 1v1: bo_bobson27
SV ZU: avarice
SV ZU: LustfulLice
SV 2v2: Clarex
SV NFE: PandaDoux
Subs: TTTech, Dragonillis, DangerDan51, Trooper_02, Fleeting Memories
I should preface this by saying Hugo and Despacito have a tendency to be ranked low then surprise everyone with their performances, so I am very much rooting for them to do it again. However, I just personally don't see what the vision was with this team. This duo also typically has some weird ideas of who the best players are and I think it shows here. Starting with the the ag core, PrimalKyogre and Agcl2 are certainly not bad by any means, but an odd combo and I'm not sure how they'll fare. They have the tools to really turn up tho so I'm def not saying they're weak or anything. Palestine hasn't played much sv 1v1 altho he picks up 1v1 metas fast and comes with built-in DEG support so he could have a good season tbh, bo is actually a good 1v1er as well but with the stellar players in this pool I think at best he'll break even. Side note why do 1v1ers still think the bo biden meme is funny I swear y'all got the same sense of humor as a dried turd on the sidewalk. I think the zu core is the best area of this team, LustfulLice had a great zupl and can def repeat that performance here and avarice is just a solid all-around player when he's not losing his team finals by getting acted in a tiebreak. Clarex was an interesting choice for 2v2 to me, with Hugo and Despacito's building skill I thought they'd just go with a powerful clicker here to feed and sweep the pool, I think they may have let down their best advantage. Panda is a seasoned nfe player that should do well and will likely only drop games vs the top guys in this pool, but tbh I wouldn't even be surprised if he takes those games too. Subs are not great, only Dragon is notable to me and idt he'll see much playtime with Panda on the field, the rest just feel hella random. I would def like to see this team prove me wrong as they have a lot of great people here.

7. Voltcrasher Miraidons
SV AG: entrocefalo
SV AG: Farce Of The Death
SV 1v1: cold illusions
SV 1v1: Darkrai Retribution
SV ZU: sleid
SV ZU: TomatoZause
SV 2v2: zee
SV NFE: Mirbro
Subs: Maybca, JJ09LIE, mitana, SpaceSpeakers, 0.5Mirror, Marshme1to, Adhiraj8202, bea, Dockiva, MrSoup, Lizardu, Corthius
For some reason everytime I see a team double buy managers in these side pls they seem hesitant to actually spend money after that. They start off well here with Farce and entro who make up the best ag core as everyone expected, altho idt they're as demonic a core as Fc and bacon were last year when they were the ag jerk team so I would expect em to drop at least a few games. This 1v1 core is inexplicable, cold illusions isn't awful but has no good support and I can't see em doing well in such a stacked pool. Idek who Darkrai Retribution is there were other cheap 1v1ers that this team def coulda bid on. Tomato and sleid is like, alright? Zu is again one of the better pools so despite being mainers these 2 might flounder at the middle of the pack. I'm more than a bit surprised to not see JJ09LIE starting, he may not be a mainer but he had a fantastic zupl and has some of the most raw skill on this team. Would say zee is one of the only saving graces here, not much 2v2 experience but it shouldn't be a tough learning curve for her and with yuki support she has everything she needs to have a great season. Mirbro is a fine choice for nfe, would prolly say he breaks even here as can def beat some of the players in this pool but the top guys will prove to be challenging. I'm not even gonna comment on the thousands of subs this team has, only noteworthy ones are JJ as I said before and Corthius for zu building. Hope these guys aren't too offended with this review cause I think they're awesome people and are another team that I'd like to see have an underdog story, I just gotta be honest as it stands this team ain't it.

If you wanna ping me in umpl cord to discuss any of my rankings feel free to do so I love talking about this stuff, fair warning tho if you're just gonna mald instead of having a reasonable convo you're a dork and I will ignore you. Gl hf.

bern

no.1 cramorant fan ❤️
is a Social Media Contributor
1v1 rankings

S
clerica (20k+ them)

A
Memedose
Vertigo
bo_bobson
Kaif
Potatochan
Mishlef
swag god (I asked others)

B
Taka
Driplegend
Akuu
Slip
Krytocon
Palestine (Doesn't build)

B-
PA

C
scholar
cold illusions
Marshmelto
Swordisbored
lialiabeast
eeveekid

D
Rumia
Part
Blacknightgawain
Miyoko
Wonter

Below D
Arvinraj K III C
TrainerPla
Fleeting memories (Cool person tho buy them)
i'm so irrelevant i wasn't even ranked :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)