Project SV OU Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd458

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sv/Cresselia: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Amoonguss: :sv/Walking_Wake: :sv/Great_Tusk: :sv/Moltres:

Figured if no one was building with Cress I might as well throw something together; here's a build that I've played a couple of games with and has worked out decently well although more testing would probably be appreciated to refine the sets.

Building process
Cresselia often invites in Dark and Ghost types, the latter of which is why I think it pairs well with Gambit and the former meaning that Gambit checks/counters are appreciated such as Phys.Def Moltres and Bulk Up Tusk. I originally had a Sp.Def Garg over Amoonguss, but both Cress and Gambit really appreciate having Tera and Garg felt pretty bad without it, while the rain MU was also horrible. Specs Wake is a generally great breaker (shoutout the Basedlord for Molt/Wake) with very good typing that lets it come in on mons clicking Water moves into Moltres and Fire moves into Amoonguss, and you have potent stallbreakers with Cress/Gambit. Amoonguss is just a very good defensive mon in general with the ability to shut down a threat with Spore, a different move such as Foul Play could be used over Clear Smog but the team otherwise does not deal well with setup. Jolly Kingambit could be run for opposing Gambit, since this mon is as usual very threatening despite several checks being packed for it.

The team does not have hazards; Stealth Rock over Bulk Up is an option on Tusk, but an alternative win-con that beats many physical mons is appreciated. The Tusk EV spread is pretty arbitrary but I like it for outspeeding Ghold/speed tying Jolly Bax while not feeling as weak as a max HP max speed Tusk, and Ice Spinner over Knock is a good option that I prefer on most BU Tusk. Knock support is nice, though Knock would likely be best used if you swap BU for Rocks since removing boots is pointless without it. This set, maybe with a more defensively-invested EV spread, would likely make a more solid defensively oriented team but I like an extra win-con too much personally as I generally prefer more aggressive builds.

Threats
I got packed up by a rain team when I tried this with Garg over Amoonguss, if you're struggling vs Wave Crash a Phys.Def Amoong might be better but Sp.Def helps a lot into Greninja and opposing Wake and you do have a pretty good Crash quad resist with your own Wake. I also ran into a Tera Fighting Pult that caught my Gambit off guard, although Cress won that game; This mon is genuinely disgusting as I was in a pretty horrible position, Tera'd, clicked Calm Mind once and just instantly won as I'd earlier burned their Landorus-T and Pult with Moltres so Banded Dragon Darts was doing 20. You have good Enamorus switch ins in Amoonguss and Moltres, and Moltres is also a good Valiant answer, CM-Tbolt is tough but Amoonguss serves as a backup check since Val usually picks Shadow Ball 3rd to not be walled by Ghold. Bax is another scary mon which I was initially Tera Steel on Cress for, as this walls dual STAB and is immune to EQ, but being weak to Fighting is very bad so I much prefer Poison's resistances and single weakness to Psychic. Tera Flying on Gambit and Water Tusk helps deal with Bax but it's still pretty shaky, although Cress often can eat even a +1 Tera Dragon Glaive Rush and do a large chunk back with Moonblast. There is no great counter-lead into Samurott-H either as Amoonguss lets spike go up for free, but not much doesn't unless you lead Tusk which is not recommended as even at +1 Def you still take a lot if they choose to Razor Shell and other mons on the team appreciate having Tera more. Unburden Sneasler is very tough and is one of the main reasons for Phys.Def Moltres aside from Kingambit, Cress can set up a CM and kill it with only 60BP Stored Power though Tera is needed for the Tera Dark Night Slash set.

Paste: https://pokepast.es/785db69ffa959689

The general idea is that :cresselia: struggles to sweep through mons like :kingambit:, :gholdengo:, :heatran:, haze :toxapex:, clear smog :amoonguss:, and :slowking:, 3 of which almost never run boots and 4 of which standardly don’t (:amoonguss: loves helmet and red card). I noticed most of these also really like to come in on :slowking-galar:, allowing me to use it as a lure to bring in :cresselia:’s counters over hazards and immediately chilly out. I also noticed AV :samurott-hisui: matches up really nicely into all of the above except :toxapex: and :amoonguss:, both of which :slowking-galar: itself matches up well into, which made it a natural inclusion as something to pivot into from :slowking-galar: who can both rack up hazard pressure and remove boots. In testing I found that the 219 speed benchmark (jolly :kingambit:, :ursaluna:, and :iron hands:) and max hp max spdef has worked best on this team, its sharpness boosted moves still hit surprisingly hard and its longevity has come in handy for it over and over. Just make sure not to drop much health until you can confirm any opposing :gholdengo: isn’t nasty plot thunderbolt. The rest of the team is mostly glue, :gholdengo: does :gholdengo: things and denies hazard removal while still hitting hard and spreading paralysis (as well as shoring up the :baxcalibur: matchup via balloon and physdef), :zapdos: punishes a number of physical attackers and spreads paralysis while acting as a decently fast para-immune pivot, and :great tusk: provides hazard control, rocks, and a strong offensive presence while shoring up :kingambit: together with :zapdos:. Biggest threat by far is rain, could consider dropping :zapdos: for :amoonguss: or :kingambit: or something as a result.

Bonus team: https://pokepast.es/cdc18cc300419ae9

Definitely less solid and less thought out, but fun to use. No need to consider it a submission but I thought I’d share it anyway. A lot less surgical in how it sets up :cresselia:, but in exchange for sun-assisted moonlights and specs proto-spatk :walking wake: clicking huge buttons.

i was planning on just skipping this week but it's taking a million years so

:sv/cresselia: :sv/garganacl: :sv/heatran: :sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit: :sv/hatterene:
(click sprites above for the paste)
Cresselia Trick Room BO (body odor)
:cresselia:
Cresselia is right up there with my boys Samurott-Hisui and Goodra-Hisui with one of my favorite things to come out in the HOME update. I love how you can use it on Trick Room teams (and you've probably figured out I LOVE Trick Room teams) as well as on basically any other team with its support moves such as Lunar Dance, or even Lunar Blessing in doubles. You can also use it as a Calm Mind + Stored Power sweeper. I decided to make another Trick Room team (I'll stop next week I swear) because I feel Cresselia performs best as a Trick Room setter. Or maybe it's just me and I use too many Trick Room teams. I decided to try to merge my two favorite Cresselia sets to make it a Trick Room setter as well as a Calm Mind + Stored Power sweeper. I added Lunar Dance in case one of the other important members (such as Dragapult or Kingambit) get low on HP or PP or they get burned or something.

It's that time of post again where I speedrun explaining the rest of the team!

:garganacl:
- Really straightforward set; just set up Stealth Rocks and then Salt Cure, Body Press, and Recover on everything.
- I guess he's sort of expendable, I kind of added him just in case other Kingambit are a problem.

:heatran:
- Your resident tera-grass-the-second-you-see-a-ground-typer
- I decided to try Assault Vest again :)
- Probably shouldn't be sacrificed but I guess it depends
- Kingambit? Don't think, click Magma Storm

:dragapult:
- I never make a Trick Room team without a Backup Plan
- I decided to try Dragon Fang with Tera Dragon and Dragon Dance to maximize the damage of Dragon Darts
- Fairy-type? Just Phantom Force

:kingambit:
- He didn't get banned yet so abuse him while he's still in the tier
- Possible late-game sweeper
- Minimum Speed is REALLY slow but if no Trick Room setters are active you can always Sucker Punch
- I decided Black Glasses + Sucker Punch may be cool
- You can run tera Dark if you want, but this team is kind of scared of Fighting-types so I ran tera Ghost

:hatterene:
- Backup Trick Room setter
- Expendable (as long as Cresselia is still alive)
- Nuzzle as much as possible if you're the last Trick Room setter

In conclusion, Trick Room Cresselia is the best Cresselia and nobody can prove me otherwise.

With this Cresselia set, the biggest thing imo is making sure you can chip at Kingambit and overall just weaken the opposing team so for example Amoonguss and Toxapex dont become super annoying with Haze / Clear Smog / Spore, or Garganacls team is healthy enough so it can Salt Cure and just pivot around you for a while, or just Dragapult and Galarian Slowking clicking Thunder Wave and beting you through paras. Hence the only idea is to put stuff that Kingambit may like to switch into so you can chip at it, and strong stuff that is able to beat down walls.

:Maushold: Love them. This is your hazard control and your Shadow Ball resist. Kingambit loves switching into this so you just chip with PopBomb.

:Enamorus: Healing Wish into Cresselia, Maushold (or any other of the Pokemon on the team) can be devastating. Also provides Speed control and a Dragon immunity.

:Dragonite: I wanted a wallbreaker that had a good matchup against Offense. Dragonite does that thanks to Choice Band Extreme Speed. It is particularly the team's main answer to Greninja (particularly after Battle Bond). Banded ESpeed + Outrage also chip at Kingambit ofc.

:Garchomp: I wanted something that could switch into Kingambit, but since nothing does I added the next best thing that could fit here in Rocky Helmet Garchomp, which also punishes Kingambit for clicking an attack. I added this isntead of Great Tusk cause I also didnt want to add another Water weak, given that our only Water resist right now is Dragonite. Tera Water further improves its defensive profile against rain. Try Stone Edge over Outrage if you dont want to get fully walled by Enamorus.

:Gholdengo: Fairy resist and Garganacl switch-in. The latter might not seem like an issue but it can actually be, since it sits on Maushold, and sometimes Dragonite and Enamorus. Been toying a lot with the set, but this felt okay, though it for sure sucks not being able to hit opposing Gholdengo.

Some general observations:

:Baxcalibur: This guy is awful to deal with and will probably get a kill everytime it comes in. I would still not waste tera to check it unless you lose the game if you dont. Trading 1 mon and a half or even 2 for it can be worthy imo. Dragonite can ESpeed, Maushold can check it if its at 0 speed, Gholdengo can take 1 hit though it doesnt hit very hard in return.

:Gholdengo: Something that happened to me a fair bit was other Gholdengo trying to tank an Outrage from Garchomp or Dragonite, and they would take it really well, but would then be put in +1 Bite range. And if they tera to avoid getting KOed by Bite, then Dnite might have an easier time cleaning with ESpeed.

:Garchomp: + :Dragonite: This core ended up overwhelming stuff like Corviknight and Great Tusk just by clicking Outrage.

Stall This matchup should be pretty straightforward with Cresselia + Maushold + Maushold being able to cure its burn/poison with Healing Wish + Banded Dragonite + the Gholdengo set. Just dont let Dondozo get many boosts else you will lsoe very quickly.

:Cresselia: Particularly when Terad but also without Tera, can be a good soft check to Choiced Enamorus, and Iron Valiant. Its also a good answer to Zamazenta and Sneasler. Dont be afraid to switch it in.

ok voting time. you have till Monday, August 28th to submit your votes.

Team A
:sv/Cresselia: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Amoonguss: :sv/Walking_Wake: :sv/Great_Tusk: :sv/Moltres:

Figured if no one was building with Cress I might as well throw something together; here's a build that I've played a couple of games with and has worked out decently well although more testing would probably be appreciated to refine the sets.

Building process
Cresselia often invites in Dark and Ghost types, the latter of which is why I think it pairs well with Gambit and the former meaning that Gambit checks/counters are appreciated such as Phys.Def Moltres and Bulk Up Tusk. I originally had a Sp.Def Garg over Amoonguss, but both Cress and Gambit really appreciate having Tera and Garg felt pretty bad without it, while the rain MU was also horrible. Specs Wake is a generally great breaker (shoutout the Basedlord for Molt/Wake) with very good typing that lets it come in on mons clicking Water moves into Moltres and Fire moves into Amoonguss, and you have potent stallbreakers with Cress/Gambit. Amoonguss is just a very good defensive mon in general with the ability to shut down a threat with Spore, a different move such as Foul Play could be used over Clear Smog but the team otherwise does not deal well with setup. Jolly Kingambit could be run for opposing Gambit, since this mon is as usual very threatening despite several checks being packed for it.

The team does not have hazards; Stealth Rock over Bulk Up is an option on Tusk, but an alternative win-con that beats many physical mons is appreciated. The Tusk EV spread is pretty arbitrary but I like it for outspeeding Ghold/speed tying Jolly Bax while not feeling as weak as a max HP max speed Tusk, and Ice Spinner over Knock is a good option that I prefer on most BU Tusk. Knock support is nice, though Knock would likely be best used if you swap BU for Rocks since removing boots is pointless without it. This set, maybe with a more defensively-invested EV spread, would likely make a more solid defensively oriented team but I like an extra win-con too much personally as I generally prefer more aggressive builds.

Threats
I got packed up by a rain team when I tried this with Garg over Amoonguss, if you're struggling vs Wave Crash a Phys.Def Amoong might be better but Sp.Def helps a lot into Greninja and opposing Wake and you do have a pretty good Crash quad resist with your own Wake. I also ran into a Tera Fighting Pult that caught my Gambit off guard, although Cress won that game; This mon is genuinely disgusting as I was in a pretty horrible position, Tera'd, clicked Calm Mind once and just instantly won as I'd earlier burned their Landorus-T and Pult with Moltres so Banded Dragon Darts was doing 20. You have good Enamorus switch ins in Amoonguss and Moltres, and Moltres is also a good Valiant answer, CM-Tbolt is tough but Amoonguss serves as a backup check since Val usually picks Shadow Ball 3rd to not be walled by Ghold. Bax is another scary mon which I was initially Tera Steel on Cress for, as this walls dual STAB and is immune to EQ, but being weak to Fighting is very bad so I much prefer Poison's resistances and single weakness to Psychic. Tera Flying on Gambit and Water Tusk helps deal with Bax but it's still pretty shaky, although Cress often can eat even a +1 Tera Dragon Glaive Rush and do a large chunk back with Moonblast. There is no great counter-lead into Samurott-H either as Amoonguss lets spike go up for free, but not much doesn't unless you lead Tusk which is not recommended as even at +1 Def you still take a lot if they choose to Razor Shell and other mons on the team appreciate having Tera more. Unburden Sneasler is very tough and is one of the main reasons for Phys.Def Moltres aside from Kingambit, Cress can set up a CM and kill it with only 60BP Stored Power though Tera is needed for the Tera Dark Night Slash set.
Team B
Paste: https://pokepast.es/785db69ffa959689

The general idea is that :cresselia: struggles to sweep through mons like :kingambit:, :gholdengo:, :heatran:, haze :toxapex:, clear smog :amoonguss:, and :slowking:, 3 of which almost never run boots and 4 of which standardly don’t (:amoonguss: loves helmet and red card). I noticed most of these also really like to come in on :slowking-galar:, allowing me to use it as a lure to bring in :cresselia:’s counters over hazards and immediately chilly out. I also noticed AV :samurott-hisui: matches up really nicely into all of the above except :toxapex: and :amoonguss:, both of which :slowking-galar: itself matches up well into, which made it a natural inclusion as something to pivot into from :slowking-galar: who can both rack up hazard pressure and remove boots. In testing I found that the 219 speed benchmark (jolly :kingambit:, :ursaluna:, and :iron hands:) and max hp max spdef has worked best on this team, its sharpness boosted moves still hit surprisingly hard and its longevity has come in handy for it over and over. Just make sure not to drop much health until you can confirm any opposing :gholdengo: isn’t nasty plot thunderbolt. The rest of the team is mostly glue, :gholdengo: does :gholdengo: things and denies hazard removal while still hitting hard and spreading paralysis (as well as shoring up the :baxcalibur: matchup via balloon and physdef), :zapdos: punishes a number of physical attackers and spreads paralysis while acting as a decently fast para-immune pivot, and :great tusk: provides hazard control, rocks, and a strong offensive presence while shoring up :kingambit: together with :zapdos:. Biggest threat by far is rain, could consider dropping :zapdos: for :amoonguss: or :kingambit: or something as a result.

Bonus team: https://pokepast.es/cdc18cc300419ae9

Definitely less solid and less thought out, but fun to use. No need to consider it a submission but I thought I’d share it anyway. A lot less surgical in how it sets up :cresselia:, but in exchange for sun-assisted moonlights and specs proto-spatk :walking wake: clicking huge buttons.
Team C
i was planning on just skipping this week but it's taking a million years so

:sv/cresselia: :sv/garganacl: :sv/heatran: :sv/dragapult: :sv/kingambit: :sv/hatterene:
(click sprites above for the paste)
Cresselia Trick Room BO (body odor)
Cresselia is right up there with my boys Samurott-Hisui and Goodra-Hisui with one of my favorite things to come out in the HOME update. I love how you can use it on Trick Room teams (and you've probably figured out I LOVE Trick Room teams) as well as on basically any other team with its support moves such as Lunar Dance, or even Lunar Blessing in doubles. You can also use it as a Calm Mind + Stored Power sweeper. I decided to make another Trick Room team (I'll stop next week I swear) because I feel Cresselia performs best as a Trick Room setter. Or maybe it's just me and I use too many Trick Room teams. I decided to try to merge my two favorite Cresselia sets to make it a Trick Room setter as well as a Calm Mind + Stored Power sweeper. I added Lunar Dance in case one of the other important members (such as Dragapult or Kingambit) get low on HP or PP or they get burned or something.

It's that time of post again where I speedrun explaining the rest of the team!

:garganacl:
- Really straightforward set; just set up Stealth Rocks and then Salt Cure, Body Press, and Recover on everything.
- I guess he's sort of expendable, I kind of added him just in case other Kingambit are a problem.

- Your resident tera-grass-the-second-you-see-a-ground-typer
- I decided to try Assault Vest again :)
- Probably shouldn't be sacrificed but I guess it depends
- Kingambit? Don't think, click Magma Storm

:dragapult:
- I never make a Trick Room team without a Backup Plan
- I decided to try Dragon Fang with Tera Dragon and Dragon Dance to maximize the damage of Dragon Darts
- Fairy-type? Just Phantom Force

- He didn't get banned yet so abuse him while he's still in the tier
- Possible late-game sweeper
- Minimum Speed is REALLY slow but if no Trick Room setters are active you can always Sucker Punch
- I decided Black Glasses + Sucker Punch may be cool
- You can run tera Dark if you want, but this team is kind of scared of Fighting-types so I ran tera Ghost

:hatterene:
- Backup Trick Room setter
- Expendable (as long as Cresselia is still alive)
- Nuzzle as much as possible if you're the last Trick Room setter

In conclusion, Trick Room Cresselia is the best Cresselia and nobody can prove me otherwise.
Team D

With this Cresselia set, the biggest thing imo is making sure you can chip at Kingambit and overall just weaken the opposing team so for example Amoonguss and Toxapex dont become super annoying with Haze / Clear Smog / Spore, or Garganacls team is healthy enough so it can Salt Cure and just pivot around you for a while, or just Dragapult and Galarian Slowking clicking Thunder Wave and beting you through paras. Hence the only idea is to put stuff that Kingambit may like to switch into so you can chip at it, and strong stuff that is able to beat down walls.

:Maushold: Love them. This is your hazard control and your Shadow Ball resist. Kingambit loves switching into this so you just chip with PopBomb.

:Enamorus: Healing Wish into Cresselia, Maushold (or any other of the Pokemon on the team) can be devastating. Also provides Speed control and a Dragon immunity.

:Dragonite: I wanted a wallbreaker that had a good matchup against Offense. Dragonite does that thanks to Choice Band Extreme Speed. It is particularly the team's main answer to Greninja (particularly after Battle Bond). Banded ESpeed + Outrage also chip at Kingambit ofc.

:Garchomp: I wanted something that could switch into Kingambit, but since nothing does I added the next best thing that could fit here in Rocky Helmet Garchomp, which also punishes Kingambit for clicking an attack. I added this isntead of Great Tusk cause I also didnt want to add another Water weak, given that our only Water resist right now is Dragonite. Tera Water further improves its defensive profile against rain. Try Stone Edge over Outrage if you dont want to get fully walled by Enamorus.

:Gholdengo: Fairy resist and Garganacl switch-in. The latter might not seem like an issue but it can actually be, since it sits on Maushold, and sometimes Dragonite and Enamorus. Been toying a lot with the set, but this felt okay, though it for sure sucks not being able to hit opposing Gholdengo.

Some general observations:

:Baxcalibur: This guy is awful to deal with and will probably get a kill everytime it comes in. I would still not waste tera to check it unless you lose the game if you dont. Trading 1 mon and a half or even 2 for it can be worthy imo. Dragonite can ESpeed, Maushold can check it if its at 0 speed, Gholdengo can take 1 hit though it doesnt hit very hard in return.

:Gholdengo: Something that happened to me a fair bit was other Gholdengo trying to tank an Outrage from Garchomp or Dragonite, and they would take it really well, but would then be put in +1 Bite range. And if they tera to avoid getting KOed by Bite, then Dnite might have an easier time cleaning with ESpeed.

:Garchomp: + :Dragonite: This core ended up overwhelming stuff like Corviknight and Great Tusk just by clicking Outrage.

Stall This matchup should be pretty straightforward with Cresselia + Maushold + Maushold being able to cure its burn/poison with Healing Wish + Banded Dragonite + the Gholdengo set. Just dont let Dondozo get many boosts else you will lsoe very quickly.

:Cresselia: Particularly when Terad but also without Tera, can be a good soft check to Choiced Enamorus, and Iron Valiant. Its also a good answer to Zamazenta and Sneasler. Dont be afraid to switch it in.

week 14 is over! congrats to SetsuSetsuna for winning. I am busy this week but I will find time to update the archive fully this week and then for this last cycle before DLC.

WEEK 15: Baxcalibur
:sv/baxcalibur:

Going back to the base game without HOME, Baxcalibur saw a huge resurgence near the end of pre-HOME and during WCoP and OLT for HOME. Baxcalibur has an incredible 145 base attack on top of a usable speed of 87. With access to Dragon Dance to boost both its attack and speed, it's able to boost its mediocre speed and its already great attack. With access to priority, Swords Dance is also a great option to boost its attack greatly while not worrying as much about its mediocre speed to get favourable rolls on Pokemon like Enamorus. Substitute is another great option paired with Dragon Dance in order to avoid status moves like Thunder Wave and get free setup when you force switches. More over, like most physical attackers its ability allows it to not worry about being burned. You can also use Ice Body paired with a Chilly Reception user like Slowking-Galar in order to get recovery and boast its defence stat with the new Snow defence boost mechanic. Overall, with Tera as well Baxcalibur is an extremely versatile sweeper with many options and is a very scary presence.

:Baxcalibur: :Slowking-Galar: :Kingambit: :Corviknight: :Great Tusk: :Tinkaton:

Team I made in like 5 minutes, played w/ for like 5 - 10 games, and thought was OK lmao. I saw another user on discord mention that spamming CB Glaive Rushes w/ Baxcalibur was really good since it baits Tera Fairy from Dozo & open ups Iron Head Kingambit so I went with that line of logic when building this. The goal is to get into a position where you can spam as many CB Glaive Rushes as possible, so Slowking-G was a natural partner. I've been getting owned by that Booster Energy Iron Moth set that runs Sub so I decided to run Psychic over sludge / future for that reason. T-Wave support is also nice for CB Bax since it can just spam its OP move vs a wider array of targets. Corv servers as a nice stop gap to some key phsyical attackers that would give this team trouble with its ID + BP set, as it can 1v1 some important mons like Zamazenta, opposing Gambit and Bax, etc. Pairs nicely with Slowking-G too. Tusk is good ol' reliable, provides Spin support so Bax can enter the field more often to claim more kills, Knock Support to remove annoying items, etc. Tinkaton is heat that's actually just cold since I stole it from another, better user's team where its role compression was more valuable. Still though, it actually hasn't been that bad. Bax likes Knock Off and T-Wave support and its encore is very valuable vs annoying Cheese setup sweepers like Cresselia lol.

I think this team is made of popsicle sticks and glue, relying on the OP core of Gambit, Tusk, Slowking-G and Bax to carry it in a hostile environment. Slowking-G is actually stretched extremely thin on this team to check everything, from Walking Mid to Iron Moth, and struggles to take them all on its own. So far, I have mainly struggled against Fire-types like Iron Moth and especially Cinderace. Thankfully, Cinderace doesn't have the best longevity so it can get worn down by Tusk even if its burned. Ironically, Corv can PP stall its Pyro Balls pretty well with pressure, but a good player won't play into it. Ting-Lu offensive also seems like it could be annoying if the Ting-Lu Teras, but I have not faced that.... at least not yet.

https://pokepast.es/feca596b89a85507
:Baxcalibur: :Great Tusk: :Samurott-Hisui: :Walking Wake: :Gholdengo: :Slowking-Galar:

SD Bax is an absolute powerhouse and can break tons of defensive pokemon or get excellent chip damage. Running Tera-Ice and Never Melt Ice lets it keep the defense boost from chilly reception and powers up ice shard. Spikes help to put a lot more of the faster mons into range of +2 Ice shard, while also helping against stall matchups with the help of Tusk for knock off and spin support. Wake is a nice special attacker that can setup on slower mons and has a good matchup against rain teams. Gholdengo is for general speed control, and Glowking works as an excellent pivot.

Last edited:

BijouMode

bijou the creator
is a Tiering Contributor
:baxcalibur::iron hands::kingambit::sneasler::cresselia::grimmsnarl:
Slow-Mo HO (Featuring Iron Hands and Bax)

This team basically functions as basic HO, send out your mon with the best matchup at the time and win.

A slightly more in-depth descriptions of the teams various roles:

:baxcalibur:
The star of the show. Spectacular coverage mixed with amazing power. However, it sometimes struggles with bulky waters and ungrounded steels and that's where my favourite on this gen comes in...

:iron hands:
SD sweeper able to cleave through entire teams off just its coverage alone and its stabs perfectly complement Baxcalibur's. However this core struggles with fairy types and that's where the next two mons come in to offensively check them.

Death. Destroyer of Worlds. (pls ban this)

:sneasler:
Another SD sweeper that's a giant threat combined with Unburden. Just as a tip for running this team, if you're EVER faced with a fairy, immediately go to this (or cress) or tera your mon.

This mon can sometimes just win on team preview as it invalidates such a large part of the meta, and its one sturdy counter, Gambit, gets farmed by the rest of the teams.

:grimmsnarl:
FInally, the last mon, screen setter and disruptor extraordinaire, Grimmsnarl, here it does what it usually does with a full status moveset. Just as a suggestion however, I've been testing using Play Rough off 252+ Atk, and if you want to you can test it.

PS. As a warning, this team is relatively weak to the fairies, however with intelligent play and sneasler, they can be beaten. Also Ting-Lu is annoying to deal with.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/1723deb989e63640
Hazzard Stack Baxca

The main goal of the team is to get as many hazzards (Gen 9 huh) as possible and win with the offensive pressure.

:Baxcalibur:
The star of the team, i know SD is insanely good, but i'd find it too slow to sweep properly, so i'd preferd DD to get some speed control. Glaive Rush for big damage output, Earthquake for the likes of pex or G-Slowking and ice shard for the always good priority.

:Samurott-Hisui:
This guy is a cancer putting layers of spikes for free while doing decent damage to anything that dont resist dark. Razor Shell for a good stab move with a good chance of crit + ability boosted. Knock for support and aqua jet for extra prio. The AV allows it to have a good chance of survive a moonblast from valiant.

:Great Tusk:
The Gen 9 landorus is for puting rocks on the game and spinning the hazzards away keeping ours on the field, with knock off to thread the ghost types that dare trying to block and EQ for damage (you can use CC or Headlong instead).

:Gholdengo:
Always necessary for keeping the hazzards removals away thats to the typing and good as gold ability. Specs hits insane on almost anything in the tier, with trick to waste stall mon. focus blast + tera allows us to have a shot on kingambit.

:Iron Valiant:
IMO the best mon in the game not named kimgambit. Speed control for free thantk to the item and mixted allows it to hit almost anything, not to mention it have so many sets that is virtually impossible to guess which one you can bring to the game. Tera poison is for winning against other Valiant,

:Moltres:
Last, but no least. This mon is the special defensive backbone of the team, it can wall a lot of mons (even valiant) and can treath Kingambit with WoW or Flame Body

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
:baxcalibur: :meowscarada: :iron-valiant: :gholdengo: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian:

Here is my OLT ladder team that I have been working on for the past month. I started with building around a Baxcalibur sweep, adding in Meowscarada and Gholdengo for anti-stall purposes, pivots in Landorus-Therian and Slowking-Galar, and Iron Valiant for cleaning up in the endgame. The EVs are weird so I'll explain the non-standard ones here. Iron Valiant's EVs allow it to OHKO 252 / 4 Sdef Great Tusk with Moonblast and OHKO Baxcalibur with Close Combat. Slowking-Galar's EVs are the standard set with the exception of 28 Speed to outspeed Ursaluna in Trick Room. I don't see the point of defensive EVs on its set now that Urshifu has hit the banhammer. I only needed Gholdengo to hit 264 speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom which it's supposed to hard counter, so I threw the rest of the EVs in HP and went with a Modest nature. Air Balloon is helpful for opposing Baxcalibur. Landorus does Landorus things like helping check Kingambit. The team got to the 1700 mark during OLT without any prior SV OU playing experience, but could probably do better with more practice.

:baxcalibur: :dragonite: :walking_wake: :heatran: :enamorus: :great_tusk:
Dragon spam ft. Tera Ice Life Orb Bax
https://pokepast.es/007925a245fa4675

Classic dragon spam idea of just click strong stab moves. The team started as dragmag but magnezone ended up not being worth. +2 bax ohkos corv anyway, dnite sets up on it, wake doesn't struggle with it at all, and no other problem steels are prominent and trap-able. Haven't tested extensively but I climbed from 1700 to around 1850 no issues, it has a few rough matchups but a lot of room to outplay.

The reason I wanted to make the team; Life orb adamant sd bax hits unreasonably hard. For some fun calcs, tera +0 ice shard OHKOs standard dragapult, tera +2 ice shard OHKOs iron valiant, and tera +2 icicle crash has but a single roll that fails to OHKO max physdef corviknight (94% OHKO). This monster crushes balance and stall practically by itself, and if it can find a chance to dance most HO mons die to shard. This is the primary breaker of the team.

:dragonite:
I love this mon to death for its insanely expansive learnset. This is probably my favorite dragonite set right now, especially with the support of the next few mons. Encore is an incredibly valuable move in this meta, and there are near limitless ways to use it for free dances. My favorite methods are encoring mons into wisp as dnite teras into a fire type, encoring a chipped garganacl into a setup move or earthquake as it tried to salt cure before death, or encoring zamazenta into iron defense or substitute. Tera fire lets you absorb the aforementioned wisps, gives you fairy and ice resists, and lets you kill mons like valiant, amoonguss, and corv with fire punch. Jolly is needed for dragapult sadly.

:walking_wake:
Following my favorite dnite set is my favorite walking wake set. Substitute lets you further take advantage of pokemon like garganacl that struggle to break the sub, lessens prediction vs teams with immunities, and can punish sack attempts harshly. Agility helps for cleaning later game, and also makes the mon much more annoying to revenge kill. Even just clicking agility and sacking wake to force in specific revenge killers can be game ending.

Instead of the normal hisui-samurott lead on hyper offense, I opted for a classic rocks steel type that's worked on dragon spam since gen 5. Air balloon + tera ghost means that this set can often bait and kill things like iron valiant and great tusk for dragonite. Balloon + a quad fairy resist also helps deal with opposing enamorus that normally cleans up vs dragons. It sets up rocks, offers defensive utility, and can force important chip on big targets like slowking-galar to open up walking wake.

:enamorus:
Completing the classic steel/dragon/fairy core is scarf enamorus. It has a great speed tier, and it helps revenge a lot of the big issues for this team, like opposing setup dragons. Grass knot is used over mystical fire because it helps chip dondozo and garganacl. The biggest offering besides speed here is healing wish for the dragons. Healing wish back into low health baxcalibur especially can be a death sentence for bulky teams that enam otherwise doesn't do too much against. Healing wish into wake to agility a second time even without the booster can clean up weakened offense. The status cure is also quite nice.

:great_tusk:
This guy is here so that the team doesn't lose to kingambit. In all seriousness, with 2 rocks weak mons that lack boots and a dnite that gets annoyed heavily by zapdos, rapid spin seemed like a good idea here. Gambit was an issue, speed was still a bit of an issue, spin felt needed, and an extra wincon that bax can break for is always appreciated. The spread is speed booster energy to be sure to outpace zapdos with no spin, and to be able to threaten out non-scarf enamorus and non-scarf/booster iron valiant. At +1, head smash (assuming it hits) OHKOs every standard zapdos spread.

Kind of a long writeup but one of the more fun teams that I've made recently. Been spamming dragons ever since I first hit the showdown ladder. Biggest weaknesses are mostly just odd picks and teras. My record with it is quite good but I did take multiple losses in a row due to running into multiple teams with AV hoopa + tinkaton (that has to just be bad luck right?). Non-standard teras on pokemon like zamazenta have also been issues, but vs most standard it does well. It also does very well into stall. If dozo is asleep bax gets to click buttons freely, and heatran can tera to trap blissey for free. Enam can then healing wish either to run a second rampage. Hope you enjoy the team.

really pleased with all the submissions this cycle, especially considering dlc is coming soon and this being the last cycle before dlc. that being said, to finish out the project for the post-HOME era of SV OU, the plan is to close submissions on Tuesday, and voting will be up till Sunday. Thanks guys!

The week 14 submission period is over! You have until Saturday, September 9th (9/9/23) to submit your votes. Thanks for all the submissions everyone!

Team A by Magcargo

:Baxcalibur: :Slowking-Galar: :Kingambit: :Corviknight: :Great Tusk: :Tinkaton:

Team I made in like 5 minutes, played w/ for like 5 - 10 games, and thought was OK lmao. I saw another user on discord mention that spamming CB Glaive Rushes w/ Baxcalibur was really good since it baits Tera Fairy from Dozo & open ups Iron Head Kingambit so I went with that line of logic when building this. The goal is to get into a position where you can spam as many CB Glaive Rushes as possible, so Slowking-G was a natural partner. I've been getting owned by that Booster Energy Iron Moth set that runs Sub so I decided to run Psychic over sludge / future for that reason. T-Wave support is also nice for CB Bax since it can just spam its OP move vs a wider array of targets. Corv servers as a nice stop gap to some key phsyical attackers that would give this team trouble with its ID + BP set, as it can 1v1 some important mons like Zamazenta, opposing Gambit and Bax, etc. Pairs nicely with Slowking-G too. Tusk is good ol' reliable, provides Spin support so Bax can enter the field more often to claim more kills, Knock Support to remove annoying items, etc. Tinkaton is heat that's actually just cold since I stole it from another, better user's team where its role compression was more valuable. Still though, it actually hasn't been that bad. Bax likes Knock Off and T-Wave support and its encore is very valuable vs annoying Cheese setup sweepers like Cresselia lol.

I think this team is made of popsicle sticks and glue, relying on the OP core of Gambit, Tusk, Slowking-G and Bax to carry it in a hostile environment. Slowking-G is actually stretched extremely thin on this team to check everything, from Walking Mid to Iron Moth, and struggles to take them all on its own. So far, I have mainly struggled against Fire-types like Iron Moth and especially Cinderace. Thankfully, Cinderace doesn't have the best longevity so it can get worn down by Tusk even if its burned. Ironically, Corv can PP stall its Pyro Balls pretty well with pressure, but a good player won't play into it. Ting-Lu offensive also seems like it could be annoying if the Ting-Lu Teras, but I have not faced that.... at least not yet.
Team B by Haziebien

https://pokepast.es/feca596b89a85507
:Baxcalibur: :Great Tusk: :Samurott-Hisui: :Walking Wake: :Gholdengo: :Slowking-Galar:

SD Bax is an absolute powerhouse and can break tons of defensive pokemon or get excellent chip damage. Running Tera-Ice and Never Melt Ice lets it keep the defense boost from chilly reception and powers up ice shard. Spikes help to put a lot more of the faster mons into range of +2 Ice shard, while also helping against stall matchups with the help of Tusk for knock off and spin support. Wake is a nice special attacker that can setup on slower mons and has a good matchup against rain teams. Gholdengo is for general speed control, and Glowking works as an excellent pivot.
Team C by BijouMode

:baxcalibur::iron hands::kingambit::sneasler::cresselia::grimmsnarl:
Slow-Mo HO (Featuring Iron Hands and Bax)

This team basically functions as basic HO, send out your mon with the best matchup at the time and win.

A slightly more in-depth descriptions of the teams various roles:

The star of the show. Spectacular coverage mixed with amazing power. However, it sometimes struggles with bulky waters and ungrounded steels and that's where my favourite on this gen comes in...

:iron hands:
SD sweeper able to cleave through entire teams off just its coverage alone and its stabs perfectly complement Baxcalibur's. However this core struggles with fairy types and that's where the next two mons come in to offensively check them.

Death. Destroyer of Worlds. (pls ban this)

:sneasler:
Another SD sweeper that's a giant threat combined with Unburden. Just as a tip for running this team, if you're EVER faced with a fairy, immediately go to this (or cress) or tera your mon.

This mon can sometimes just win on team preview as it invalidates such a large part of the meta, and its one sturdy counter, Gambit, gets farmed by the rest of the teams.

:grimmsnarl:
FInally, the last mon, screen setter and disruptor extraordinaire, Grimmsnarl, here it does what it usually does with a full status moveset. Just as a suggestion however, I've been testing using Play Rough off 252+ Atk, and if you want to you can test it.

PS. As a warning, this team is relatively weak to the fairies, however with intelligent play and sneasler, they can be beaten. Also Ting-Lu is annoying to deal with.
Team D by Hax Believer

https://pokepast.es/1723deb989e63640
Hazzard Stack Baxca

The main goal of the team is to get as many hazzards (Gen 9 huh) as possible and win with the offensive pressure.

:Baxcalibur:
The star of the team, i know SD is insanely good, but i'd find it too slow to sweep properly, so i'd preferd DD to get some speed control. Glaive Rush for big damage output, Earthquake for the likes of pex or G-Slowking and ice shard for the always good priority.

:Samurott-Hisui:
This guy is a cancer putting layers of spikes for free while doing decent damage to anything that dont resist dark. Razor Shell for a good stab move with a good chance of crit + ability boosted. Knock for support and aqua jet for extra prio. The AV allows it to have a good chance of survive a moonblast from valiant.

:Great Tusk:
The Gen 9 landorus is for puting rocks on the game and spinning the hazzards away keeping ours on the field, with knock off to thread the ghost types that dare trying to block and EQ for damage (you can use CC or Headlong instead).

:Gholdengo:
Always necessary for keeping the hazzards removals away thats to the typing and good as gold ability. Specs hits insane on almost anything in the tier, with trick to waste stall mon. focus blast + tera allows us to have a shot on kingambit.

:Iron Valiant:
IMO the best mon in the game not named kimgambit. Speed control for free thantk to the item and mixted allows it to hit almost anything, not to mention it have so many sets that is virtually impossible to guess which one you can bring to the game. Tera poison is for winning against other Valiant,

:Moltres:
Last, but no least. This mon is the special defensive backbone of the team, it can wall a lot of mons (even valiant) and can treath Kingambit with WoW or Flame Body
Team E by toshimelonhead

:baxcalibur: :meowscarada: :iron-valiant: :gholdengo: :slowking-galar: :landorus-therian:

Here is my OLT ladder team that I have been working on for the past month. I started with building around a Baxcalibur sweep, adding in Meowscarada and Gholdengo for anti-stall purposes, pivots in Landorus-Therian and Slowking-Galar, and Iron Valiant for cleaning up in the endgame. The EVs are weird so I'll explain the non-standard ones here. Iron Valiant's EVs allow it to OHKO 252 / 4 Sdef Great Tusk with Moonblast and OHKO Baxcalibur with Close Combat. Slowking-Galar's EVs are the standard set with the exception of 28 Speed to outspeed Ursaluna in Trick Room. I don't see the point of defensive EVs on its set now that Urshifu has hit the banhammer. I only needed Gholdengo to hit 264 speed to outspeed Jolly Breloom which it's supposed to hard counter, so I threw the rest of the EVs in HP and went with a Modest nature. Air Balloon is helpful for opposing Baxcalibur. Landorus does Landorus things like helping check Kingambit. The team got to the 1700 mark during OLT without any prior SV OU playing experience, but could probably do better with more practice.
Team F by Sp0oN1oRd

:baxcalibur: :dragonite: :walking_wake: :heatran: :enamorus: :great_tusk:
Dragon spam ft. Tera Ice Life Orb Bax
https://pokepast.es/007925a245fa4675

Classic dragon spam idea of just click strong stab moves. The team started as dragmag but magnezone ended up not being worth. +2 bax ohkos corv anyway, dnite sets up on it, wake doesn't struggle with it at all, and no other problem steels are prominent and trap-able. Haven't tested extensively but I climbed from 1700 to around 1850 no issues, it has a few rough matchups but a lot of room to outplay.

The reason I wanted to make the team; Life orb adamant sd bax hits unreasonably hard. For some fun calcs, tera +0 ice shard OHKOs standard dragapult, tera +2 ice shard OHKOs iron valiant, and tera +2 icicle crash has but a single roll that fails to OHKO max physdef corviknight (94% OHKO). This monster crushes balance and stall practically by itself, and if it can find a chance to dance most HO mons die to shard. This is the primary breaker of the team.

:dragonite:
I love this mon to death for its insanely expansive learnset. This is probably my favorite dragonite set right now, especially with the support of the next few mons. Encore is an incredibly valuable move in this meta, and there are near limitless ways to use it for free dances. My favorite methods are encoring mons into wisp as dnite teras into a fire type, encoring a chipped garganacl into a setup move or earthquake as it tried to salt cure before death, or encoring zamazenta into iron defense or substitute. Tera fire lets you absorb the aforementioned wisps, gives you fairy and ice resists, and lets you kill mons like valiant, amoonguss, and corv with fire punch. Jolly is needed for dragapult sadly.

:walking_wake:
Following my favorite dnite set is my favorite walking wake set. Substitute lets you further take advantage of pokemon like garganacl that struggle to break the sub, lessens prediction vs teams with immunities, and can punish sack attempts harshly. Agility helps for cleaning later game, and also makes the mon much more annoying to revenge kill. Even just clicking agility and sacking wake to force in specific revenge killers can be game ending.

Instead of the normal hisui-samurott lead on hyper offense, I opted for a classic rocks steel type that's worked on dragon spam since gen 5. Air balloon + tera ghost means that this set can often bait and kill things like iron valiant and great tusk for dragonite. Balloon + a quad fairy resist also helps deal with opposing enamorus that normally cleans up vs dragons. It sets up rocks, offers defensive utility, and can force important chip on big targets like slowking-galar to open up walking wake.

:enamorus:
Completing the classic steel/dragon/fairy core is scarf enamorus. It has a great speed tier, and it helps revenge a lot of the big issues for this team, like opposing setup dragons. Grass knot is used over mystical fire because it helps chip dondozo and garganacl. The biggest offering besides speed here is healing wish for the dragons. Healing wish back into low health baxcalibur especially can be a death sentence for bulky teams that enam otherwise doesn't do too much against. Healing wish into wake to agility a second time even without the booster can clean up weakened offense. The status cure is also quite nice.

:great_tusk:
This guy is here so that the team doesn't lose to kingambit. In all seriousness, with 2 rocks weak mons that lack boots and a dnite that gets annoyed heavily by zapdos, rapid spin seemed like a good idea here. Gambit was an issue, speed was still a bit of an issue, spin felt needed, and an extra wincon that bax can break for is always appreciated. The spread is speed booster energy to be sure to outpace zapdos with no spin, and to be able to threaten out non-scarf enamorus and non-scarf/booster iron valiant. At +1, head smash (assuming it hits) OHKOs every standard zapdos spread.

Kind of a long writeup but one of the more fun teams that I've made recently. Been spamming dragons ever since I first hit the showdown ladder. Biggest weaknesses are mostly just odd picks and teras. My record with it is quite good but I did take multiple losses in a row due to running into multiple teams with AV hoopa + tinkaton (that has to just be bad luck right?). Non-standard teras on pokemon like zamazenta have also been issues, but vs most standard it does well. It also does very well into stall. If dozo is asleep bax gets to click buttons freely, and heatran can tera to trap blissey for free. Enam can then healing wish either to run a second rampage. Hope you enjoy the team.
Team G by zaydapoketrainer

6 band gang: LOS BANDINOS GAMBITOS (pokepast.es)
there are 6 band pokemon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)