Suspect SV BH Suspect 3: The Infection (Mortal Spin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im gonna complain real quick because this ruined my record record of 30-0:
  • To qualify for voting, players must reach 82% GXE with 30 games played, and the GXE requirement decreases by 0.2% for each additional played, down to a minimum of 78% GXE at 50 games played. See below for a complete table.
The feels 80.6 GXE at 30 games but you lose the next one because reqs.
1696615295167.png

I am in favor of keeping Mortal Spin. The omnipresence of Steels and Arceus-Poison keeps it in check and it indirectly nerfs the prominence of Regenerator and Imposter by threatening passive HP loss. Overall, it makes tanks feel more useful and decreases the prominence of Big Stall. Truth be told, this suspect test is actually a ploy by Big Stall trying to cope and seethe with the loss of its power, 0/10 do not recommend.

Mortal Spin Propoganda Ahead

Hear ye, hear ye. Listen up, people. The vote for Mortal Spin’s life will begin soon. Now, there is only one real vote here. Do Not Ban. Other options do not exist. Anyone who mentions B** and A****** do not exist. In fact, other hazard removal options also do not exist. I will now list the top reasons why the ban Mortal Spin sentiment clearly stems from manic origins and are unfounded.

1. Mortal Spin is a completely balanced no-drawback move that creates a massive tempo swing by not only crippling the enemy with poison, but also removes hazards from your field.

2. Stone Axe is another balanced, no-drawback move, but if Mortal Spin is banned, that move might become TOO balanced. We must embrace the “extremely balanced move checks other extremely balanced move” mentality. Removing a balanced move like Mortal Spin will threaten other balanced moves such as Stone Axe and cause them to be suspected.

3. Mortal Spin is one of Big Stall’s favourite moves, and everyone loves playing against Big Stall.

4. Mortal Spin is one of Degen Regen’s favourite moves, and everyone loves playing against Degen Regen.

5. Mortal Spin is the only method of hazard control. D****, -ate/regular S***, C**** C***** and T*** U* all do not exist.

6. We are metathesiophobic. In other words, we greatly fear change. New meta? Scary. New items available outside of cloak? Terrifying. Don’t have to run steels or poisons? I’m shaking and crying right now.

There you have it. Even one of these reasons should warrant a 100% Do Not Ban vote. I cannot fathom how someone could look at these arguments and even think about voting B** or A******. If you think otherwise, expect a visit from Big Imposter tonight to collect your vote, life and identity.

1696754525456.png

precalc tests really killed me inside lol.

proally voting ban on mortal spin, as move is unhealthy for the tier, being pretty free to click and forcing ia lot progress on most defensive mons and p much locking item slot into covert for most of em unless they need Boots like Yvel and Ho-Oh. Mortal does keep axe in check but that move's alr p unhealthy so axe could just be banned instead if shit hits the fan lol.

Hear ye, hear ye. Listen up, people. The vote for Mortal Spin’s life will begin soon. Now, there is only one real vote here. Do Not Ban. Other options do not exist. Anyone who mentions B** and A****** do not exist. In fact, other hazard removal options also do not exist. I will now list the top reasons why the ban Mortal Spin sentiment clearly stems from manic origins and are unfounded.
Hate is Love. War is Peace. Big Stall Hates Mortal Spin. Big Stall Loves Mortal Spin.

proally voting ban on mortal spin, as move is unhealthy for the tier, being pretty free to click and forcing is lot progress on most defensive mons and p much locking item slot into covert for most of em unless they need Boots like Yvel and Ho-Oh.
In a defense focused metagame, it would be a it isn't nessesary to buff the capability of defense even more. Imposter and Regenerator already have the ability to unnecessarily prolong battle and get free healing in an already heal-starved metagame. The way I see it, Mortal Spin gives an nerfs the healing on those Pokemon who have unlimited free healing and makes sure they are hit equally by the healing nerf.

I think the meta is really revolving around knocking Covert Cloaks and use mortal spin + Salt Cure to make progress.
Covert Cloak is simply the status quo item now for defensive Pokemon, there is no doubt about that. Even without Mortal Spin, Covert Cloak still blocks Nuzzle, Salt Cure, Lumina Crash, Triple Arrows and much, much more. Banning Mortal Spin will not decrease the sheer dominance of Cloak, it will simply give it one less obstacle.

If we do end up banning Mortal Spin, however, it is imperative that we ban or suspect Stone Axe afterward. As other methods of of hazard removal are limited - Tidy Up is offensive, Defog is Defog and Spin having limited users - Mortal Spin is pretty much the only thing that gives momentum on the incredible powerful hazard setting RegenVests. Normally, RegenVest would not be able to fill a hazards niche, but Stone Axe bypasses this as an attacking move, making such sets incredibly powerful.

Another thing that I think could be really interesting or the meta is banning toxic orb, unbanning Poison Heal and leaving Mortal Spin as is. That way, Poison Heal Pokemon must rely on Mortal Spin as their way to trigger the ability which fearmongers Mortal Spin users for self balance.

Last edited:

tzaur

فلسطين حرة
is a Tiering Contributor
1696786740027.png

Much muddier record than usual, but I was honestly rushing through these reqs since I only had one 2 hour block today within these two weeks to complete. Used this gang since ladder players love mashing their dick on the Strength Sap button.

Mortal is really not an issue IMO. After getting my feet a bit more wet with this whole fulldex scene (still not a fan of it) and circling back to Sevag and Chessking's posts, I fully agree with them. Probably a wild as fuck take but I think the order of tiering action I would like to potentially see would be Salt Cure -> Knock Off -> Magic Bounce. Either that or wait for DLC2 to see if it would be suitable to reinstate Poison Heal. Could just be biased since I tend to stack Steel-types on my builds, but I personally didn't have many issues blocking Mortal Spin with them. Had more issues taking fucktons of chip from Salt Cure on those if/when the Cloak gets removed which is much easier than people make it out to be. Will try to expand on this later today if I have time.

edit: also, fuck MMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)