Signups PUBD I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hello and welcome to the first ever PUBD! This tour aims to highlight our oldgens a little bit more, while also being a blind draft! We're looking for 8 or 6 managing duos for the first time, and so eight or six pairs of two. Managers are expected to have past PU team tour experience, managed in a Smogon team tournament before, and/or be a major contributor to PU. To manage, please post the following in one post:
  • Your team name (please refrain from inappropriate names)
  • Why you and your co-manager deserve to manage
Managers can purchase themselves as players for a price of 15k. Managers are also expected to be active in their teamchat and respond quickly with substitutes or lineups.

Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):
SV / SV / SS / SM / ORAS / BW / DPP / ADV / GSC / RBY

Manager signups will close January 28th and player signups will be posted then with the chosen format and managers.

Floss

never forgotten
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Leader
Manager: Floss
Assistant Manager: Thiago Nunes
Team Name: Lumiose Lanturns
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): We have plenty of experience in manager roles in lower tiers, myself in RUPL, NUCL, MPL, and Thiago in PTPL, NUPL, NUCL, and some lower tiers WCs w/ Brazil. We also have a lot of prior experience in PU team tours, with a good knowledge of the playerbase that will help us in putting together a good draft.

Last edited:

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Oathkeeper
Assistant Manager: zoowi
Team Name: Malevolent Mesprits
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have plenty of managerial experience as well as inseverable ties to PU. zoowi knows close to all (if not all) PU metas and this would be a big step for them as a first time manager pairing with someone with experience. And yes, I know several of the PU metas myself since I do have ties to the tier.

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: mncmt
Ass man: Expulso
Team name: tbd
Team name: Menceganiums
Why would you be good: We both have experience in PU. mence played it in SCL (LOL i have too but lost my only game) and I've played it in the SMPL i won. We've also both played it in Grand Slam; he just made finals and I made playoffs twice. We've played lots of PUPLs too. As managers, mence won UUPL and I've made finals of RUPL, NUPL, and NUSD. We'd do plenty of playerbase research and look forward to the new format. I also had a lot of fun in PUWC and have been looking forward to this tour :heart:

Beraldo

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Manager: Beraldo
Assistant Manager: Seraphz
Team Name: tbd
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have a lot of experience managing brazilian team tournaments, mainly PTPL where I am a manager since the second edition, I won the third edition and my team is currently on playoffs in the current edition. I made playoffs in all smogon tournaments I have been involved as manager (2x ruwc, rupl, nusd) and won 2 of them. In PU, I played PUPL twice and PUWC twice, I do have experience playing the tier and even though I am not that involved in the community I still know the playerbase very well and I won't spare any effort to help my players during all the tournament. I was also building PU teams for my SCL team during the whole tournament.

My co-manager is still relatively new to Smogon, but he was managing in the current edition of PTPL, where his team was very close to make playoffs. He does not have too much experience, but he enjoyed managing a lot and is motivated to be as active as possible since it would be a good chance to get into the community more deeply.

Last edited:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
why has nobody used the team name PUBD, for 'Poliwrath Used Belly Drum' smh

Last edited:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Managers for PUBD I have been chosen! The managers and teams are:

If you weren't selected, and there are enough player signups, two more teams will be added, so get your friends to play!

That being said, Player Signups will go up soon™.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)