Projects National Dex DOU Teambuilding Competition!!!!! (Week Eighteen: Lando I)

big pichu

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
This week: Sinistcha!
:sinistcha:

A monk sips morning tea,
it's quiet,
the chrysanthemum's flowering.
--
Matsuo Basho, translated by Robert Hass

Sinistcha fuses two unusual flavors together, providing a unique Pokemon unlike any other. We've seen from Intimidate that an ability that provides free value on switch-in can be invaluable in the Doubles metagame, but this week's subject is unique in that it offers healing to its partner, making this Pokemon able to provide immediate value on switch in.
Of course, the other unique aspect of Sinistcha, Matcha Gotcha, is equally, if not more intriguing. Spread attacking moves with additional utility can be exceptional, as hitting two Pokemon often can compound some of the effects of this. Matcha Gotcha allows Sinistcha to heal off of multiple Pokemon (with spread reduction, this comes down to a 50% boost to the healing ability assuming equal damage on both targets), but also provides a chance to burn as well.
So indulge yourself, as we explore the possibilities that Sinistcha has to offer!

You have 14 days to submit a team (March 13th, 5am UTC/March 12th, 9pm US Pacific)

Voting will take place 48 hours after

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/fa4db3c23d8c4b93

This team is made to help Bolt and Gambit set up easily. Grimmsnarl is there to set up Screens to make it harder to kill everything and get the hell out of dodge with Parting Shot. Incin is here being its usual annoying as fuck self. This thing is to REALLY screw over physical attackers with Intimidate, Will o Wisp and Parting Shot. MegaKang is also to annoy things with Fake Out even on Ghosts pre mega due to Scrappy, Parental Bond Seismic Toss 2HKOing almost everything and Sucker Punch to either annoy mons with chip or finishing off low HP Pokemon. The 2 big bads of the team are SD Black Glasses Kingambit and SpAtk Booster Energy CM Raging Bolt. Kingambit's thing is nuking things with SD and Black Glasses boosted Knocks and Sucker Punches (even more if it gets to Tera Dark). Raging Bolt's job is to boost up with CM and then spam Dragon Pulses and Thunderclap. Now for the main teambuilding mon, Sinischa. Its job is to 1) Heal up my mons thanks to Hospitality and Life Dew, 2) Annoy physical attackers wih Strength Sap and potential Matcha Gotcha burns, and 3) Redirect attacks with Rage Powder (remember that Grasses are immune).

TLDR : Incin and MegaKang annoys stuff, Grimmsnarl and Sinischa makes stuff harder to kill, and Kingambit and Bolt commit warcrimes

Edit : Imagine Bolt has Modest instead of Serious

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/9430b2e3f291f991

This teams goal is to have Kingambit and ogerpon to set up. The salamance is used as a multi tool sometimes being used for offence where it can be a support with tailwind and intimidate pivoting but also the mega for offensive damage using hyper voice aerilate to just do damage. Zamazenta is there to support the king gambit with howl to make gambit offensive while also having a few moves to kill pokemon bothering gambit. King gambit is used for a sucker punch offensive sweeper with tera fairy to deal with pokemon like deoxys attack supper power, while also killing scary offensive threats like mega gross and others. Ogerpon is there to sword dance sweep with killing threats such as mega metagross, bulk fini and rillaboom. Tapu fini is there to set up of calm mind and muddy watering sweeps. Then with the pokemon to build around, the sinistcha set, I use it for 3 main puposes. 1. To heal weakend sweepers like Ogerpon, and gambit. 2. To prevent trick room with imprison since my team is hyper offensive. and 3, rage powder to let ogerpon or others sweep. Then the move matcha gatcha to heal itself up while also getting burns to nerf scary offensive threats in the meta.

TLDR: Salamance/Sinishca is used as support, Gambit and Ogerpon are the nukes, and fini/zam are there to damage with a chance for their set up moves to be scary.

From my time playing Dou, I had the fun experience of playing the popular Sinistcha, Ursaluna, Ninetails, and kyrum core. So I tried Modifying it to so that it can be playable in this format.

I first started by removing Kyrum and placing it Kyrum Black. Kyrum Black is just better, way more bulkier, stronger, and still put out the damage out put as Kyrum just on the physical side. I haven't tried AV Kyrum B, probably bad here but it's still an opinion.
Got rid of Incineroar and replaced for Heatran just to fix the Kingambit match up with the addiction of Mega Gardevoir. Heatran can provide will -o- wisp support and cripple Kingambit and other threats. Not having parting shot sucks but it's better not letting Kingambit a free +2 than not having pivoting move. Fuck Kingambit that piece of shit

Added Mega Gardevoir as another trick room setter that works well in and out of trick room. Hits fighting types which makes Ursaluna better. Can destroy Tera dark kingambit with the help of redirection and over all a good trickroom user.

Kyrum B is you main sweeper outside of trickroom. The spread is not only to make it bulk on the physical and special side but it allows to it work inside trickroom with a speed boost.

Heatran Ninetails and Sinistcha both are for support. Sinistcha provides trickroom and healing support while Heatran provides statis support. Ninetails provides vails and can disrupt opponents momentum with encore, locking them into setup move or a move that doesn't hit your team super effectively.

Mega Gardevoir and Ursaluna are your trickroom sweepers, so keep them health at all times. I recommend that you don't have on the field at the same time unless it's late game or all treats have been removed.

This team is pretty sun and fluttermane weak tera and getting up trickroom can fix these problems, but it's not always Ideal. You can change the Heatran set to the one down below ( I stole this from BrifMariGold4, thanks )
https://pokepast.es/e53b7ce996779a91
This set can OHKO Flutter mane and allows the team to be less dependent on trickroom.
You can also run Volcanion over Heatran if you want a more constant wall aganst Flutter mane and Sun. You can run your standard av Volcanion or Waterium Z any set is fine tbh.
https://pokepast.es/643f791f9acb75e5
You can try AV Kyrum B
https://pokepast.es/26da6ed0ae6c3730
Thank you for reading

Double Setup Full Room Team

1709951803891.png1709951818619.png1709951842603.png1709951787715.png1709951871483.png1709951885761.png

For a long time, I wanted to build a team that included Kingambit or Tapu Fini, but couldn't come up with an original team that was up to my taste. Today, I just happened to try and build Full Room teams. I noticed how both these mons can performs excellently under Trick Room and decided to put them both in the team.

I like to build around a Steel / Fairy / Fighting core, so I decided to add Iron Hands next. Iron Hands is not only a strong physical attacker but a useful Fake Out user as well; it provides opportunities for its teammates to either use its setup move or set Trick Room.

Here is where Sinistcha comes in! While its teammates are using a setup move or setting up Trick Room, they are most likely to lose a good chunk of their HP. Sinistcha help its teammates to regain those HP via its ability Hospitality or its move Life Dew. It also serves as a redirector and a Trick Room setter. In short, Sinistcha is just a great utility mon.

I wanted another good, bulky Trick Room setter, and not one that was weak to Ground-type moves. (Reason being is due to the Mega that I would talk about later.) I thought Porygon2 wouldn't be a bad pick since its move Recover will allows it to be more resilient and perhaps, set up more than one Trick Room.

The last mon to be selected was Mega Camerupt, mostly due to its good coverage. Due its low speed it is the premier Mega for Trick Room.

Last edited:
Last team was bad because fullroom is hard to do, made this instead
https://pokepast.es/2e98345d1d2cc348
Sinistcha, incineroar provide ample setup opportunity and also have good type synergy. Then fini added to complement and form a fire-water-grass core. Fini can't break volcanion or mega metagross, so added zygarde. Zygarde loses to pao and flutter, so added a scizor which can also take advantage of the setup. Mega metagross could also work? Finally added a tornadus as speed control and another method of beating volcanion via Z-bleakwind.

big pichu

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
Next up....
Landorus Incarnate!
:landorus:
Polish comes from the cities; wisdom from the desert.
-- Frank Herbert, Dune

Landorus-Incarnate has a big fat spread move that combines with a big damage boosting ability to threaten two of the best Pokemon in the tier. While Sheer Force synergizes with Life Orb, Landorus-I can run a variety of items to get the jump on opponents. It's generally a fairly strong Pokemon in my opinion, and I'm excited to see what you come up with here.

You have until March 27th, 11:59 UTC to submit a team. Voting will last 48 hours afterwards.

:Landorus: :Rillaboom: :Gholdengo: :Tornadus: :Ogerpon-Wellspring: :Chien-Pao:

I forgot I didn't submit this...

Anyways, this team is pretty standard, built it around the threatening offensive core of Landorus and Gholdengo to pressure opponents with high powered special moves. Rillaboom is here to provide opportunity to attack using Landorus, Gholdengo or Chien-Pao due to Fake Out as well as gain momentum with U-turn. Tornadus is able to provide Tailwind support as well as Taunt to block Tailwind from bulky variants of Tornadus and makes use of Tera Dark to block opposing Tornadus' Taunt. Ogerpoon-Wellspring is able to redirect attacks from Landorus so it can create a substitute, Gholdengo so it has opportunity to Nasty Plot and Chien-Pao so it can create valuable damage while also having it's own Ivy Cudgel and Grassy Glide to threaten opponent's Speed control with. Chien-Pao is here to psuedo-support Ogerpon-Wellspring and Rillaboom with Sword of Ruin, while also dealing meaningful damage due to it's strong STAB combination and high attack.

https://pokepast.es/c09d2b28224dca7e
This is your standard sand team. Ttar is here for utility, set up sand, stealth rocks, and can knock off items. Ttar becomes somewhat of a special wall in sand being able to tank many special attacks while 1v1 many treats. Flutter Mane, Charzard y, etc. Celesteela is meant to check Metagross and fix the rilla match up. Lando is really good for hitting things really hard and can potentially turning the tables on rain, making sandsear Strom 100% accurate and slamming Archaludon and potentially OHOKing Archaludon ( don't quote tho ) with earth power or sandsear storm. Kartana is really only here to set tailwind up and fixing the rain match up when tailwind is up. Marsh is here to break through steels and to be a good wall breaking. Just make sure you Ttar healthy. Many of the mons can turn the tables on other weathers teams so don't try rushing to change weather right away unless you know you can safely bring ttar in. Good luck and have fun.

1712206386835.png1712207509092.png1712206484594.png1712207531692.png1712206419841.png1712206502066.png

Gard Tailroom + Priority Spam

Made this team with two mons in mind, Gross and Zamazenta. Felt that Amoonguss had more room to offer here since it can spam Spore and is more resistant to Body Press. Gard uses Trick Room, and Zapdos uses Tailwind while still taking advantage of Trick Room. Since Lando is the star of this week, I decided it will be a mon that will take account of both weaknesses of Zamazenta; by both weaknesses I mean Zamazenta's natural weaknesses via Tera Blast and tera'd weaknesses via Earth Power. Lando is resistant to both of Gross and Zamazenta's usual attacks. Not to mention, Zapdos is also resistant to both of Gross and Zamazenta's attacks. Arcanine-H is a nice mon to have when you have the speed advantage thanks to its strong spread move. In the case it doesn't have the speed advantage, you can use Extreme Speed which becomes stronger when Chien-Pao is on the field. I think it's necessary to have at least one fast mon that doesn't require speed advantage in a team such as this, so Chien-Pao was added last.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)