SV NU My First True Hyper Offense Team

Hello, everyone. My goal was to make the most oppressive offensive team in NU, and this is what I came up with. I made this team in March, and by now, I know its strengths and weaknesses, so I feel comfortable about posting it. With multiple accounts, I was able to be around the 1500s, but my problem is that it's hard for me to reach the top spot on the ladder.

https://pokepast.es/eff77f44dec89cc8

Lycanroc-Dusk (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

This is the Pokemon that started it all. I wanted a strong offensive Pokemon that didn't need setup to get the job done but could set up if they could. Life Orb with Tough Claws is broken on this Pokemon, especially if it's Tera Fighting to Close Combat. In my opinion, the only reason this Pokemon hasn't been banned yet is because there are enough defensive threats to keep it in check.

Cloyster (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Before Gyarados was banned, I used to combo these two Pokemon and run havoc on the ladder. Granted, I just jumped into NU for this generation for the first time and was just having fun. After seeing how good a revenge Pokemon it is, I had to put it on this team. This is almost a standard set, with the only difference being Liquidation and Tera Ghost. I chose Liquidation as the move instead of other moves that are run with Cloyster because I wanted STAB, and if I couldn't use Skill Link to the fullest, I would rather have the move that does the most damage. I put Tera Ghost for more as a defensive Tera for fighting Pokemon or Lucario that wanted to use Extreme Speed. Overall, the core of Lycanroc and Cloyster was too good to pass up.

Mew @ Power Herb
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Meteor Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

So after the ban to Necrozma, Mew popped up on the scene. I needed a hazard lead because all HO teams have a suicide lead that sets rocks/other hazards. Due to Mew's natural bulk, it was hard to OHKO, so I knew using Stealth Rock should be fine. For the rest of the moveset, I went with an offensive moveset because using Meteor Beam to another attack was too good to pass up, and it filled the need not to waste my lead while other people could still respect what it could do.

Torterra (M) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Headlong Rush
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

TBH, I didn't think this Pokemon would work, but it surprisingly has. My goal for Torterra was to find another snowball Pokemon that could take over games. The moveset is standard, and I chose Tera Ghost because, defensively, it is such a good Tera.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
Timid Nature
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick

At this point of the team-building, I needed a Pokemon that could threaten Slowbro directly. Yes, I do have Torterra, but if SLowbro Tera had been used, it could have been a harder matchup to win; plus, I would risk being burnt from Scald, and I wasn't trying to risk it. I have Tera Blast over Tri-Attack because I wanted the ability to change my move type when I Tera instead of switching out. You All already know about Tera Ghost at this point. I was initially going to put Psyshock over Trick, but disabling Chansey before it got banned and other stall Pokemon was way more worth it.

Incineroar (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

Ok, at this point, I will be honest: I was looking for something to fill the slot. I should have gone with a Pokemon that should eliminate hazards, but I love this set too much. I got this set from our wonder room driver, Shengineer, and all I did was change the Tera to poison for the only reason, so I can't be toxic. The goal of this set is to Flame Charge and Bulk Up enough for Power Trip and Carry from there. This set is so sneaky because no one expects it. For this set to work, I need to be max speed, and I chose max HP so I can live long enough to snowball.

With all the battles with this team, the common weaknesses I see are hazards, weather teams in general, and sometimes balance teams that can do a little of everything because it's harder for me to think about their game plan and their end goal to win the battle.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Team is pretty fine foundationally and resembles a good amount of your standard lead Mew HO builds. I've got a few suggestions to get it over that last hurdle:

:mew: I definitely would change the Tera type to Ground or Ghost. Fairy doesn't end up all that useful because the only resistance it gives that you care about is to Dark (ig Bug too but meh), and oftentimes I've found that just using Meteor Beam makes you care very little about Krookodile anyway. Ground is really nice for buffing Earth Power's damage so you can weaken Alolan Muk and Registeel better, while Ghost is nice for spinblocking. You can even consider Flamethrower > Earth Power on this team to help weaken Brute Bonnet, which Torterra benefits from.

:cloyster: This isn't a hard suggestion, but consider going mixed with Hydro Pump > Liquidation. Your team actually struggles a decent bit against Avalugg, and this is a cool way to lure it in and significantly weaken it for your other sweepers.

:porygon-z: -> :thundurus: I think you should ditch the Porygon-Z entirely here, at least the idea of Choice Specs. On this type of offense, it's pretty unideal to run these types of Pokemon because they're not really conducive to your winning plan. Porygon-Z is pretty bad at ceding momentum if you mispredict, and Thundurus fits what you're looking for while having a bit better synergy with your other sweepers (good at luring in and beating Pokemon like Gastrodon, Vileplume, etc.). The set I'd recommend is below:

Thundurus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Flash Cannon / Psychic

You can pick either of Flash Cannon or Psychic really. The latter is cool to catch any overly ambitious Vileplume that try to beat you one-on-one, but Flash Cannon is overall a little more practical in my experience and still does a good enough of a job against Vileplume.

Hope these edits help ^^

looks like a fun team, what do you think about sash cloyster, and then running brambleghast>incineroar? so you get a spinblocker
I can run Focus Sash Cloyster; It's just weird because unless it's a high base STAB Physical Attack or Boosted Attack, I am not getting KO like that, and since I always go through hazards, I don't really care for it, but if I do rum Brambleghast, then it should make more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)