move 3: Trick
move 4: Aromatherapy / Seed Bomb
item: Choice Band
ability: As One (Glastrier)
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def or 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SpD
tera type: Steel / Fire / Ice

[SET COMMENTS]
* Glacial Lance and High Horsepower enable Calyrex-I to 2HKO the entire tier with the exception of bulky Water-types such as defensive Primal Kyogre, Dondozo, and Tera Water Zygarde. The immediate threat that Calyrex-I poses enables it to function as a cataclysmic wall breaker on balance and bulky offense teams teams. Additionally, Trick Room teams dedicated to supporting Calyrex-I are able scrape out a niche due to the immense power and snowball potential of Tera Ice Glacial Lance.

* Trick is useful against stall and balance teams to neuter common switch-ins such as Dondozo and Tera Water Zygarde. Calyrex-I benefits from the lack of a choice lock and is able to transition to a more supportive role while retaining an offensive presence. Additionally, Aromatherapy is useful against stall and some bulkier balance teams to take advantage of the many Pokemon Calyrex-I scares out such as defensive Eternatus and Ferrothorn. On dedicated Trick Room teams Seed Bomb is used to 2HKO bulky Water-types which would otherwise be able to survive Glacial Lance if Calyrex has not yet obtained an Attack boost from As One such as defensive Primal Kyogre. Seed Bomb is particularly useful against Tera Water Zygarde which is troublesome for Trick Room teams in general as Calyrex-I, Melmetal, and Primal Groudon struggle to overwhelm it.

*The EV spread avoids an OHKO from Arceus-Dark's Foul Play while also maximizing mixed bulk. Thanks to this investment and Calyrex-I's naturally high bulk enables it to tank many strong attacks despite its poor defensive typing. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike after a single layer of Spikes and double dance Primal Groudon's Heat Crash after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes.

*On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I runs a more specialized EV spread of 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 SpD. This enables Calyrex-I to survive a wide range of attacks. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Tera Flying Choice Band Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, +2 Silk Scarf Tera Normal Arceus's Extreme Speed, Life Orb Tera Ghost Deoxys-A Shadow Ball, and +1 Tera Fighting Zacian-C Close Combat after Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Calyrex-I is 3HKOed by defensive Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades and defensive Primal Kyogre's Scald.

* Tera Steel is Calyrex-I's perfered Tera type. Though Calyrex-I appreciates the resistances provided by its new Steel typing, the toxic immunity enhances Calyrex-I's crucial role as a cleric against stall teams. This is compounded by Calyrex-I's new resistance to Stealth Rock that otherwise diminishes Calyrex-I's effectiveness as a cleric. Additionally, Tera Steel can prevent late game sweeps against some threats on hyper offence threats such as Arceus as Calyrex-I survives Extreme Speed after 2 rounds of Stealth Rock pre Tera, +1 Ultra Necrozma's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock while retaining a resitance to Light That Burns the Sky, and Eternatus's Meteor Beam or +1 Dynamax Cannon. Alternatively, Tera Fire provides Calyrex-I with a burn immunity. This is particularly valuable as many teams will rely on Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire or Will O Wisp Arceus-Dark to answer Calyrex-I. This does however significantly hinder Calyrex-I's longevity and efficacy as a cleric against stall teams due to its Stealth Rock weakness and poorer defensive profile.

* Tera Ice is only used on dedicated Trick Room teams. The defensive purposes served by Steel and Fire Tera mentioned above are irrelevant as Calyrex-I relies on Tera Ice to secure several important OHKOs and make use of limited Trick Room turns and snowball. For example, Eruption Primal Groudon is OHKOed by Tera Ice Glacial Lance. At +1 Calyrex-I OHKOs Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre, Zacian-C, Tera Fairy Zygarde, and most utility Arceus formes.

*Calyrex-I's role and presence on a game to game basis is heavily dependent on the style of team it is facing. Calyrex-I has the most presence in games against stall teams as it can Trick its Choice Band onto Dondozo, its most common switch-in, heavily hindering it for the duration of the game. With Tera Steel Calyrex-I functions as an excellent cleric which easily finds many turns to use Aromatherpy due to most Pokemon on stall teams outside of Ho-Oh are unable to meaningfully threaten it, preventing stall's main method of making progress.

*Calyrex-I plays a smaller role in games against balance and more offensive teams. Calyrex-I's natural bulk enables it to trade with a large portion of the metagame. Against balance teams Calyrex-I is often a great lead due to the threat it poses to common leads such as defensive Primal Groudon lacking Overheat and Arceus-Ground. Calyrex-I is also able to effectively trade lategame if needed against Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre or Specially Offensive Yveltal after tera if used. Calyrex-I is a poor lead into hyper offence and is often best saved until the end-game where it can leverage its bulk and tera to knock out boosted Pokemon such as Arceus or Ultra Necrozma.

*On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I is used as a mid- and end-game sweeper. Calyrex-I should not be used under the initial Trick Room as it requires teammates such as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to soften or remove potential checks such as Zygarde and Alomomola.

*On balance teams Calyrex-I requires Defog support as Stealth Rock often leaves Calyrex-I where it is easily revenge killed. For example, Calyrex-I always OHKOed by Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse after Stealth Rock. Consequently, Ho-Oh is a fantastic partner due to its consistency at keeping the field clear of entry hazards. Overheat defensive Primal Groudon is a fantastic partner as it sets entry hazards, threatens Dondozo, and is a good switch-in to Pokemon which threaten Calyrex-I such as Zacian-C. Defensive Primal Kyogre synergises particularly well with Calyrex-I due to its good matchup into defensive teams while the cleric support Calyrex-I provides enables Primal Kyogre to use rest against more offensive teams.

*Hatterene is a mandatory teammate and dedicated lead on Trick Room teams due to Magic Bounce denying most entry hazard setters and providing Healing Wish support. Calyrex-I appreciates Arceus and Cresselia as additional Trick Room setters. Arceus's access to Taunt can prevent entry hazards which would heavily impede Calyrex-I's ability to sweep while Cresselia's Lunar Dance remedies Glacial Lance's low PP. Although Calyrex-I threatens most of the metagame with Tera Ice Glacial Lance, it relies on teammates such as Eruption Primal Groudon and wallbreaker Primal Kyogre to help with Pokemon that it cannot break through such as Arceus-Water and Dondozo.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bumboclaat.523420/
Set(s) by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bobsican.434487/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/marnie.493260/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/s0a0m0i0.604820/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user4.104/
[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
This is a considerable rewrite, so I'd rather see this being applied before allowing a QC 1/2

Add Remove Comment

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Glacial Lance
move 2: High Horsepower
evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def or 96 hpHP / 252 attkAtk / 160 spdSpD As discussed in the server the new spread is more optimal at very minimal cost

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Glacial Lance and High Horsepower enable Calyrex-I to 2HKO the entire tier with the exception of bulky Water-types such as defensive Primal Kyogre, Dondozo, and Tera Water Zygarde. The immediate threat that Calyrex-I poses enables it to function as a cataclysmic wall breaker on balance teams. Additionally, Trick Room teams dedicated to supporting Calyrex-I are able scrape out a small niche due to the immense power and snowball potential of Tera Ice Glacial Lance.
  • Glacial Lance is Calyrex-Ice's move of choice the vast majority of the time due to its power and neutral coverage against the majority of tier. It is capable of easily 2HKOing exceptionally physically bulky Pokemon such as defensive Primal Groudon and even some resists such as wallbreaker Primal Kyogre. High Horsepower is used solely for defensive Necrozma-DM as it is capable of stalling out Glacial Lance PP with recover. Other variants, such as Ultra Necrozma which retains it base form in an attempt to boost freely are 2HKOd by Glacial Lance after a single layer of Spikes. The coverage provided by Glacial Lance and High Horsepower enables Calyrex-I to draw from its support movepool. All of this is kinda redundant/dex information, OHKOes or 2HKOes reached with such moves go better in the usage tips section, you may add a new bullet point or try to merge with the other ones after doing their changes to ease that Trick is useful against stall teams to neuter Dondozo that often switch-in to wall Calyrex-I. Mention the choice lock removal and the capability to cripple setup sweepers it can't break past by locking them on a status move by moving first under TR, also make the following a separate bullet point Additionally, Aromatherapy is useful against stall and some bulkier balance teams to take advantage of the many switches Calyrex-I forces. Such as? also merge this bullet point with the next one as Aromatherapy and Seed Bomb are competing for a moveslot while Trick is innately in
  • On dedicated Trick Room teams Seed Bomb is used to 2HKO bulky water types which would otherwise be able to survive Glacial Lance if Calyrex has not yet obtained an Attack boost with As One. Seed Bomb particularly useful against Tera Water Zygarde which is troublesome for Trick Room teams in general because...? and is able to wall Calyrex-I with Rest.
  • Calyrex-I invests 248 HP EVs to increase its overall bulk The EV spread avoids a OHKO from Arceus-Dark's Foul Play while also maximizing mixed bulk. Thanks to this investment and Calyrex-I's naturally high defences it is not OHKOd by nearly any neutral attack with the exception of Primal Kyogre's Water Spout I don't think that much detail is required here with no specific benchmark on that regard and even many super effective ones despite its poor defensive typing. For example, Calyrex-I is highly likely to live 2HKOed by Arceus-Dark's Foul play, is 2OHKOd by Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM Sunsteel Strike after a single layer of Spikes, and is 2HKOd by Double Dance Primal Groudon's Heat Crash after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes. This bullet point probably could use a full rewording, but let's get this more in order first
  • On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I runs a more specialized EV spread of 96 hpHP / 252 attkAtk / 160 spdSpD. This enables Calyrex-I to survive a wide range of attacks. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Tera Flying Choice Band Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, +2 Arceus Shadow Claw +2 Silk Scarf Tera Normal Arceus's Extreme Speed was discussed in the server and this is a more notable benchmark to mention, Life Orb Tera Ghost Deoxys-A Shadow Ball, and +1 Tera Fighting Zacian-C Close Combat after Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Calyrex-I is 3HKOed by defensive Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades and defensive Primal Kyogre's Scald. Burns from the latter are not a major hindrance to Calyrex-I thanks to Healing Wish support from its teammates.
  • Tera Steel is Calyrex-I's perfered tera type. Though Calyrex I appreciates the resistances provided by its new Steel typing, a toxic immunity enhances Calyrex-I's cruial role as a cleric against stall teams. This is compounded by Calyrex-I's new resitance to Stealth Rock they that otherwise diminish Calyrex-I's effectiveness as a cleric. Additionally, Tera Steel can prevent late game sweeps against some threats on hyper offence threats such as Arceus as Calyrex-I survives Extremespeed after 2 rounds of Stealth Rock, +1 Ultra Necrozma Stone Edge after Stealth Rock while retaining a resitance to Light That Burns the Sky, and Eternatus Meteor Beam or +1 Dynamax Cannon. Alternatively, Tera Fire provides Calyrex-I with a burn immunity. This is particularly valuable as many teams will rely on Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire and its 50% burn chance dex info or Will O Wisp Arceus-Dark to answer Calyrex-I. This does however significantly hinder Calyrex-I's longevity and efficacy as a cleric against stall teams.
  • Tera Ice is only used on dedicated Trick Room teams. The defensive purposes served by Steel and Fire Tera mentioned above are irrelevant as Calyrex-I relies on Tera Ice to secure several important OHKOs and make use of limited Trick Room turns and snowball. For example, Eruption Primal Groudon is OHKOed by Tera Ice Glacial Lance. At +1 Calyrex-I OHKOs Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre, Zacian-C, untransformed implied as is, transformed Zygarde is called "Zygarde-C" Tera Fairy Zygarde, and most Utility Arceus Formes with Tera Ice Glacial Lance. Redundant
  • Calyrex-I's role and presence on a game to game basis is heavily dependent on the style of team it is facing. Calyrex-I has the most presence in games against Stall teams as it can Trick its Choice Band onto Dondozo, its most common switch-in, heavily hindering it for the duration of the game. With Tera Steel Calyrex I functions as an excellent cleric which easily finds many turns to use Aromatherpy due to most Pokemon on stall teams being unable to meaningfully threaten it, preventing stall's main method of making progress.
  • Calyrex-I plays a smaller role in games against balance and more offensive teams. Calyrex-I's natural bulk enables it to trade with a large portion of the metagame. Against balance teams Calyrex-I is often a great lead due to the threat it poses to common leads such as defensive Primal Groudon lacking Overheat and Arceus-Ground. Calyrex-I is also able to effectively trade lategame if needed against Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre or Specially Offensive Yveltal after tera if needed used. Calyrex-I is a poor lead into Hyper Offence and is often best saved until the end-game where it can leverage its bulk and tera to knock out boosted Pokemon such as Arceus or Ultra Necrozma.
  • On dedicated trick room teams Calyrex-I is used as a mid-game and endgame sweeper. Calyrex-I should not be used under the initial Trick Room as it requires teammates such as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to soften or remove potential checks.
  • On balance teams Calyrex-I requires defog support. Calyrex-I's low speed means it will often be knocked out by hits it would otherwise survive weird wording, Speed is irrelevant to bulk in terms of only withstanding attacks, please reword that, perhaps you mean in terms of being easy to revenge kill after minimal chip? such as Arceus-Dark's Foul Play or Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse after Stealth Rock despite its stellar natural bulk. Consequently, Ho-Oh is a fantastic partner due to its consistency in keeping the field clear of entry hazards. Overheat defensive Primal Groudon is a fantastic partner as it sets entry hazards, easily removes Dondozo, and is a good switch-in to Pokemon which threaten Calyrex-I such as Zacian-C. Defensive Primal Kyogre synergises particularly well with Calyrex-I due to its good matchup into defensive teams while the cleric support Calyrex-I provides enables Primal Kyogre to use rest against more offensive teams.
  • Hatterene is a mandatory teammate and dedicated lead on Trick Room teams due to its ability to deny most hazards entry hazard setters. Calyrex-I appreciates Arceus and Cresselia as additional Trick Room setters. Arceus's access to Taunt can prevent hazards which heavily impede Calyrex-I's ability to sweep while Cresselia's Lunar Dance remedies Glacial Lance's low PP. Although Calyrex-I threatens most of the metagame with Tera Ice Glacial Lance, it relies on teammates such as Eruption Primal Groudon and Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre to help with Pokemon that it cannot break through such as Arceus-Water and Dondozo.

Notes for QC

- Should I specify that the Primals on TR teams run minimum speed or is this assumed? This'd be assumed
- Is it worth mentioning at the end of the tera section that as Caly I using tera defensively other types are quite viable so long as they serve a purpose? i.e. dark Probably not to avoid bloating the analysis much further, plus those are more niche anyways
- Should I clarify that the 8 SpD evs are just dumped there b/c speedcreeping is not allowed? Can't find any calc that makes a difference either way. The only attack that is close is band marshadow spectral thief after a spike but that requires too many evs to be taken from hp to be worthwhile. As mentioned above generally spreads that just go max max then 4 or 8 on a filler stat aren't described as they're self explanatory, so not really

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Set(s) by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/bobsican.434487/ I was notified this is how this case's situation should be credited
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/marnie.493260/ Yeah, I wasn't the only one making that overly optimized set this time, as said in the server Marnie helped optimize it further while retaining the benchmarks
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user3.103/
Grammar checked by:

I'd also suggest to place the notes for QC after the whole credits section, so it's easier to copy paste when the analysis is ready for upload.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
Got notified in the server that the above has been applied, so... let's see... Apply the stuff below then notify me to corroborate once again

Add Remove Comment
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Glacial Lance and High Horsepower enable Calyrex-I to 2HKO the entire tier with the exception of bulky Water-types such as defensive Primal Kyogre, Dondozo, and Tera Water Zygarde. The immediate threat that Calyrex-I poses enables it to function as a cataclysmic wall breaker on balance teams. Additionally, Trick Room teams dedicated to supporting Calyrex-I are able scrape out a small niche due to the immense power and snowball potential of Tera Ice Glacial Lance.
  • Trick is useful against stall and balance teams to neuter common switch-ins such as Dondozo and Tera Water Zygarde. The choice lock that often switch-in to wall Calyrex-I. What? Rephrase this Additionally, Aromatherapy is useful against stall and some bulkier balance teams to take advantage of the many Pokemon Calyrex-I scares out such as defensive Eternatus and Ferrothorn. On dedicated Trick Room teams Seed Bomb is used to 2HKO bulky water types Water-types which would otherwise be able to survive Glacial Lance if Calyrex has not yet obtained an Attack boost from As One. Seed Bomb is particularly useful against Tera Water Zygarde which is troublesome for Trick Room teams in general as it otherwise walls Calyrex-I's Galcial Glacial Lance, Melmetal, and Primal Groudon. Rephrase this to merely mention Calyrex-I in general (aka, without specifying the move), then specify that Melmetal and Primal Groudon are some notable allies that also struggle, to ease readability
  • The EV spread avoids an OHKO from Arceus-Dark's Foul play Play while also maximizing mixed bulk. Thanks to this investment and Calyrex-I's naturally high bulk it is not OHKOd by nearly any neutral attack nor many super effective ones despite its poor defensive typing. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Arceus-Dark's Foul play, Redundant Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike after a single layer of Spikes, and Double Dance double dance set names aren't capitalized unless they happen to be directly named after a single used move (say, Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM), fix other instances of this if any Primal Groudon's Heat Crash after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes.
  • On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I runs a more specialized EV spread of 96 HP / 252 HP / 160 SpD. This enables Calyrex-I to survive a wide range of attacks. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Tera Flying Choice Band Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, +2 Silk Scarf Tera Normal Arceus's Extreme Speed, Life Orb Tera Ghost Deoxys-A Shadow Ball, and +1 Tera Fighting Zacian-C Close Combat after Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Calyrex-I is 3HKOed by defensive Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades and defensive Primal Kyogre's Scald. Burns from the latter are not a major hindrance to Calyrex-I thanks to Healing Wish support from its teammates.
  • Tera Steel is Calyrex-I's perfered tera Tera type. Though Calyrex I appreciates the resistances provided by its new Steel typing, a toxic immunity enhances Calyrex-I's cruial crucial role as a cleric against stall teams. This is compounded by Calyrex-I's new resitance to Stealth Rock that otherwise diminishes Calyrex-I's effectiveness as a cleric. Additionally, Tera Steel can prevent late game sweeps against some threats on hyper offence threats such as Arceus as Calyrex-I survives Extremespeed Speed after 2 rounds of Stealth Rock I'm sure it survives more than that if it's at full health when it Terastallizes, perhaps do you mean something more specific?, +1 Ultra Necrozma's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock while retaining a resitance to Light That Burns the Sky, and Eternatus's Meteor Beam or +1 Dynamax Cannon. Alternatively, Tera Fire provides Calyrex-I with a burn immunity. This is particularly valuable as many teams will rely on Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire or Will O Wisp Arceus-Dark to answer Calyrex-I. This does however significantly hinder Calyrex-I's longevity and efficacy as a cleric against stall teams.
  • Tera Ice is only used on dedicated Trick Room teams. The defensive purposes served by Steel and Fire Tera mentioned above are irrelevant as Calyrex-I relies on Tera Ice to secure several important OHKOs and make use of limited Trick Room turns and snowball. For example, Eruption Primal Groudon is OHKOed by Tera Ice Glacial Lance. At +1 Calyrex-I OHKOs Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre, Zacian-C, Tera Fairy Zygarde, and most Utility Arceus Formes utility Arceus formes. Removed extra space before "Utility"
  • Calyrex-I's role and presence on a game to game basis is heavily dependent on the style of team it is facing. Calyrex-I has the most presence in games against Stall stall team archetype names aren't capitalized, please fix other instances of this if any teams as it can Trick its Choice Band onto Dondozo, its most common switch-in, heavily hindering it for the duration of the game. With Tera Steel Calyrex I functions as an excellent cleric which easily finds many turns to use Aromatherpy due to most Pokemon on stall teams being unable to meaningfully threaten it, preventing stall's main method of making progress.
  • Calyrex-I plays a smaller role in games against balance and more offensive teams. Calyrex-I's natural bulk enables it to trade with a large portion of the metagame. Against balance teams Calyrex-I is often a great lead due to the threat it poses to common leads such as defensive Primal Groudon lacking Overheat and Arceus-Ground. Calyrex-I is also able to effectively trade lategame if needed against Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre or Specially Offensive Yveltal after tera if used. Calyrex-I is a poor lead into Hyper Offence and is often best saved until the end-game where it can leverage its bulk and tera to knock out boosted Pokemon such as Arceus or Ultra Necrozma.
  • On dedicated trick room Trick Room teams Calyrex-I is used as a mid-game and endgame sweeper. Calyrex-I should not be used under the initial Trick Room as it requires teammates such as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to soften or remove potential checks.
  • On balance teams Calyrex-I requires defog Defog move names are capitalized support as Stealth Rock often leaves Calyrex-I where it is easily revenge killed. For example, Calyrex-I always OHKOed by Arceus-Dark's Foul Play or Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse after Stealth Rock. Consequently, Ho-Oh is a fantastic partner due to its consistency at keeping the field clear of entry hazards. Overheat defensive Primal Groudon is a fantastic partner as it sets entry hazards, easily removes Dondozo, and is a good switch-in to Pokemon which threaten Calyrex-I such as Zacian-C. Defensive Primal Kyogre synergises particularly well with Calyrex-I due to its good matchup into defensive teams while the cleric support Calyrex-I provides enables Primal Kyogre to use rest against more offensive teams.
  • Hatterene is a mandatory teammate and dedicated lead on Trick Room teams due to its ability in Magic Bounce to deny most entry hazard setters. Calyrex-I appreciates Arceus and Cresselia as additional Trick Room setters. Arceus's access to Taunt can prevent hazards which heavily impede Calyrex-I's ability to sweep while Cresselia's Lunar Dance remedies Glacial Lance's low PP. Although Calyrex-I threatens most of the metagame with Tera Ice Glacial Lance, it relies on teammates such as Eruption Primal Groudon and Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre to help with Pokemon that it cannot break through such as Arceus-Water and Dondozo.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Set(s) by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user3.103/
Grammar checked by:

Notes for QC

- I've not mentioned trick under TR. There are three main targets for seed bomb: Arceus-Water, defensive Primal Kyogre, and Tera Water Zygarde. Arceus-Water and Primal Kyogre cannot be tricked. I've checked the calc and though Zygarde can be tricked and indeed is a common target on non TR Caly-I teams. After double checking in the damage calc Caly-I cannot break through Tera Water Zygarde without the boost from Choice Band (Non band seed bomb 58.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery v tera water ). It also causes other potential issues as Primal Groudon (248 HP / 4 Def) is now 2HKOed by Thousand Arrows and Melmetal always is if rocks are up. I'm not exactly sure if there is a favourable sequence post trick that TR teams exploit. If we add Swords Dance to the set Caly-I would be able to break through Zygarde. The new set would be Glacial Lance / High Horsepower or Seed Bomb / Trick / Aromatherapy or Swords Dance. 252+ Atk Choice Band Tera Ice Calyrex-Ice Glacial Lance vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 198-233 (49.7 - 58.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO <-- High Horsepower is really for that so it makes it droppable for a TR set. Hmmm... that sounds a bit too experimental, in that case it'd be best to just drop that point for Trick.

- I've tried to word it a bit better, but the essence of the rocks point is that if rocks are up Caly-I is switching in once, maybe twice in most battles against balance teams. A lot of mons can hit it hard, but leave it at a high enough range that it can probably tank some other neutral hit later in the game. I.e. Lead Calyrex-I v a standard balance team and Pdon leads to set up rocks. If the Pdon elects to just hit Caly-I with Blades (assuming it is running rock tomb) Calyrex-I can later live 252 SpA Arceus-Ground Judgement as long as rocks arn't up. That example is obviously too specific to go into the analysis but that is the sort of interaction I'm talking about. Oh, you mean about Caly-I getting worn down by hazards

- With Mola's presence in the tier is it worth mentioning as a mon Caly-I can use freely Aromatherapy on? It just rose to B+ rank, yeah

amqc 2/2
add remove comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
* Glacial Lance and High Horsepower enable Calyrex-I to 2HKO the entire tier with the exception of bulky Water-types such as defensive Primal Kyogre, Dondozo, and Tera Water Zygarde. The immediate threat that Calyrex-I poses enables it to function as a cataclysmic wall breaker on balance and bulky offense teams. Additionally, Trick Room teams dedicated to supporting Calyrex-I are able scrape out a small niche due to the immense power and snowball potential of Tera Ice boosted Glacial Lance. ngl i wouldnt call it "small" cuz TR is pretty popular

* Trick is useful against stall and balance teams to neuter common switch-ins such as Dondozo and Tera Water Zygarde. Calyrex-I benefits from the lack of a choice lock and is able to transition to a more supportive role while retaining an offensive presence. Additionally, Aromatherapy is useful against stall and some bulkier balance teams to take advantage of the many Pokemon Calyrex-I scares out such as defensive Eternatus and Alomomola pivoting in to absorb Glacial Lance Ferrothorn the removed sounds a bit too clunky and at first it makes it seem like Alomomola is scared of glacial lance. On dedicated Trick Room teams Seed Bomb is used to 2HKO bulky Water-types which would otherwise be able to survive Glacial Lance if Calyrex has not yet obtained an Attack boost from As One such as?. Seed Bomb is particularly useful against Tera Water Zygarde which is troublesome for Trick Room teams in general as Calyrex-I, Melmetal, and Primal Groudon struggle to overwhelm it.

*The EV spread avoids an OHKO from Arceus-Dark's Foul Play while also maximizing mixed bulk. Thanks to this investment and Calyrex-I's naturally high bulk it is not OHKOd by nearly any neutral attack nor many super effective ones many attacks the removed sounds a bit too long despite its poor defensive typing. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Dragon Dance Necrozma-DM's Sunsteel Strike after a single layer of Spikes and double dance Primal Groudon's Heat Crash after Stealth Rock and 2 layers of Spikes.

*On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I runs a more specialized EV spread of 96 HP / 252 HP / 160 SpD. This enables Calyrex-I to survive a wide range of attacks. For example, Calyrex-I is 2HKOed by Tera Flying Choice Band Rayquaza's Dragon Ascent, +2 Silk Scarf Tera Normal Arceus's Extreme Speed, Life Orb Tera Ghost Deoxys-A Shadow Ball, and +1 Tera Fighting Zacian-C Close Combat after Stealth Rock. Furthermore, Calyrex-I is 3HKOed by defensive Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades and defensive Primal Kyogre's Scald. Burns from the latter are not a major hindrance to Calyrex-I thanks to Healing Wish support from its teammates. this could prob be in the "teammates" section, also from who

* Tera Steel is Calyrex-I's perfered Tera type. Though Calyrex I appreciates the resistances provided by its new Steel typing, the toxic immunity enhances Calyrex-I's crucial role as a cleric against stall teams. This is compounded by Calyrex-I's new resitance to Stealth Rock that otherwise diminishes Calyrex-I's effectiveness as a cleric. Additionally, Tera Steel can prevent late game sweeps against some threats on hyper offence threats such as Arceus as Calyrex-I survives Extreme Speed after 2 rounds of Stealth Rock pre Tera, +1 Ultra Necrozma's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock while retaining a resitance to Light That Burns the Sky, and Eternatus's Meteor Beam or +1 Dynamax Cannon. Alternatively, Tera Fire provides Calyrex-I with a burn immunity. This is particularly valuable as many teams will rely on Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire or Will O Wisp Arceus-Dark to answer Calyrex-I. This does however significantly hinder Calyrex-I's longevity and efficacy as a cleric against stall teams. how? also check spelling in this section

* Tera Ice is only used on dedicated Trick Room teams. The defensive purposes served by Steel and Fire Tera mentioned above are irrelevant as Calyrex-I relies on Tera Ice to secure several important OHKOs and make use of limited Trick Room turns and snowball. For example, Eruption Primal Groudon is OHKOed by Tera Ice Glacial Lance. At +1 Calyrex-I OHKOs Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre, Zacian-C, Tera Fairy Zygarde, and most utility Arceus formes.

*Calyrex-I's role and presence on a game to game basis is heavily dependent on the style of team it is facing. Calyrex-I has the most presence in games against stall teams as it can Trick its Choice Band onto Dondozo, its most common switch-in, heavily hindering it for the duration of the game. With Tera Steel Calyrex I functions as an excellent cleric which easily finds many turns to use Aromatherpy due to most Pokemon on stall teams like? being unable to meaningfully threaten it, preventing stall's main method of making progress. u could mention that since Caly-I has no recovery it should be a bit careful about how many times it switches in, especially pre tera steel

*Calyrex-I plays a smaller role in games against balance and more offensive teams. Calyrex-I's natural bulk enables it to trade with a large portion of the metagame. Against balance teams Calyrex-I is often a great lead due to the threat it poses to common leads such as defensive Primal Groudon lacking Overheat and Arceus-Ground. Calyrex-I is also able to effectively trade lategame if needed against Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre or Specially Offensive Yveltal after tera if used. Calyrex-I is a poor lead into hyper offence and is often best saved until the end-game where it can leverage its bulk and tera to knock out boosted Pokemon such as Arceus or Ultra Necrozma.

*On dedicated Trick Room teams Calyrex-I is used as a mid-game and endgame sweeper. Calyrex-I should not be used under the initial Trick Room as it requires teammates such as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre to soften or remove potential checks. such as?

*On balance teams Calyrex-I requires Defog support as Stealth Rock often leaves Calyrex-I where it is easily revenge killed. For example, Calyrex-I always OHKOed by Arceus-Dark's Foul Play or ngl this is kinda obvious if caly-i needs special investment to barely live it Primal Kyogre's Origin Pulse after Stealth Rock. Consequently, Ho-Oh is a fantastic partner due to its consistency at keeping the field clear of entry hazards. Overheat defensive Primal Groudon is a fantastic partner as it sets entry hazards, easily removes threatens Dondozo i wouldnt say "easily removes" cuz thats a bit of a stretch, and is a good switch-in to Pokemon which threaten Calyrex-I such as Zacian-C. Defensive Primal Kyogre synergises particularly well with Calyrex-I due to its good matchup into defensive teams while the cleric support Calyrex-I provides enables Primal Kyogre to use rest against more offensive teams.

*Hatterene is a mandatory teammate and dedicated lead on Trick Room teams due to Magic Bounce denying most entry hazard setters and it offering Healing Wish support. Calyrex-I appreciates Arceus and Cresselia as additional Trick Room setters. Arceus's access to Taunt can prevent hazards which would heavily impede Calyrex-I's ability to sweep while Cresselia's Lunar Dance remedies Glacial Lance's low PP. Although Calyrex-I threatens most of the metagame with Tera Ice Glacial Lance, it relies on teammates such as Eruption Primal Groudon and Wallbreaker Primal Kyogre to help with Pokemon that it cannot break through such as Arceus-Water and Dondozo.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
Set(s) by:
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/s0a0m0i0.604820/
Grammar checked by:

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
It was already stamped in the first place, as said before, so it'd be 2/2 after applying it, if you don't think you'd have to take a second look to corroborate, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)