Tournament [Gen 9] A Duomod Randbats tour ANYONE could win ($40 Prize Pool, won by Gekokeso!)

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
aaaaaaand here's Round 1! God dang I just now realize I really should've linked the thread for last gen's version of this, this'll probably be pretty weird for people who weren't around for last gen LOL

Matchups are all below. With them is the Player Wheel roll everyone's gotten. If you want you can ignore all of them but yours, your opponent's, and Gravity Monkey'. Gravity Monkey has made Pajantom legal for just this round, but I lowered its attack by 10. Its stats look real overtuned for this mod and it might still be broken, but I don't think it'd be egregious enough to be too big a deal. This isn't a very serious tournament anyways.

ASKid679 vs. kiwi_galactica
ASKid679 - For this bo3, you must play on a "Two Spins" format, Randbats or otherwise.
kiwi_galactica - Private, but important. Will be mentioned later.

Axrtix vs. Sceon
Axrtix - For every battle in this bo3, you and your opponent both must lead with the first Pokemon on your teams.
Sceon - For the first game of this bo3, your opponent cannot switch without pivoting moves for the first 3 turns.

Cycrum vs. Paulluxx
Cycrum - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after the round you obtain it, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - You can't use this in Round 1, but from here on out, I will message you with every wheel effect before a round happens and you'll have the option to block one or wait until later.)
Paulluxx - This bo3 will instead be a bo7 in Gen 9 Duomod CC1v1 (AKA Challenge Cup 1v1).

Gravity Monkey vs. EeveeGirl1380
Gravity Monkey - You get to choose one Pokemon from any other format, even including real Pokemon, to become legal for all players this one round. It will be banned again starting the round after this one. (NOTE - Pajantom.)
EeveeGirl1380 - You now have one Summon Card! If you use it, you can call in any other Pokemon player to play a bo3 for you. Of course, they must agree to this. You can use this at any point in the tournament, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - This comes into effect immediately.)

Lord Zorz vs. J2__PT

Lord Zorz vs. DuoM2
J2__PT vs. DuoM2
Lord Zorz - Both you and your opponent have to play against Duo instead of each other. You only move on if you beat him.
J2__PT - For this bo3, you must play on Duomod Randbats (CAMOMONS). You can agree to not do randbats if you would like, but must still play Camomons Duomod. (NOTE - This also will apply to my match with Zorz. Also I changed Swords Dance and Recover's types to make Camomons Randbats more fun)

Mayleee vs. bekama
Mayleee - For the first game of this bo3, you and your opponent must 1v1 with Sticky Barb Fairydisc. You cannot play this one match in Duomod Randbats and must play in the base format.
bekama - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after the round you obtain it, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - You can't use this in Round 1, but from here on out, I will message you with every wheel effect before a round happens and you'll have the option to block one or wait until later.)

MultiPokemon vs. Rezzo
MultiPokemon - For the first battle, your opponent must show their entire team's movesets with !showteam.
Rezzo - For this bo3, you must play on Duomod Randbats (INVERSE). You can agree to not do randbats if you would like, but must still play Inverse Duomod.

Shimbius vs. Gekokeso
Shimbius - For the first game of this bo3, your opponent cannot switch without pivoting moves for the first 3 turns.
Gekokeso - If you and your opponent share a Pokemon on any of your teams, you both must lead with that Pokemon. If there are multiple, pick the one that comes first alphabetically.

SOM/05 vs. Tarrembeau

SOM/05 vs. DuoM2
Tarrembeau vs. DuoM2

SOM/05 - Both you and your opponent have to play against Duo instead of each other. You only move on if you beat him.
Tarrembeau - For the first game of this bo3, you and your opponent must 1v1 with Sticky Barb Fairydisc. You cannot play this one match in Duomod Randbats and must play in the base format.

Squawkerz vs. SwordIsBored
Squawkerz - Instead of something relevant to the tournament, Duo will send you a random funny Twitter post he saw earlier.
SwordIsBored - Both players can agree to play any other format they choose. If they cannot come to an agreement, they must play Duomod Randbats as normal.

Sylveon used calm mind vs. Irpachuza
Sylveon used calm mind - Private, but important. Will be mentioned later.
Irpachuza - Your opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.

TheSerotoninVibes vs. SKIPPERGAMEZ
TheSerotoninVibes - For this bo3, you must play on Duomod Randbats (INVERSE). You can agree to not do randbats if you would like, but must still play Inverse Duomod.
SKIPPERGAMEZ - For the first battle, your opponent must show their entire team's movesets with !showteam.

Turtlek vs. Ema Skye
Turtlek - Your current opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.
Ema Skye - Private, but important. Will be mentioned later.

VigilanteVigoroth vs. patos
VigilanteVigoroth - If you and your opponent share a Pokemon on any of your teams, you both must lead with that Pokemon. If there are multiple, pick the one that comes first alphabetically.
patos - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after the round you obtain it, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - You can't use this in Round 1, but from here on out, I will message you with every wheel effect before a round happens and you'll have the option to block one or wait until later.)

ViZar vs. Low-Key
ViZar - Your current opponent must announce the plays they choose for the first three turns of the first battle. Any attempt to be deceitful will automatically disqualify them.
Low-Key - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after the round you obtain it, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - You can't use this in Round 1, but from here on out, I will message you with every wheel effect before a round happens and you'll have the option to block one or wait until later.)

zxgzxg vs. R8
zxgzxg - You now have one Out-of-Jail Card! If you use it, you can block any one wheel effect that any player gets. You can use this at any point in the tournament after the round you obtain it, even after you're eliminated. (NOTE - You can't use this in Round 1, but from here on out, I will message you with every wheel effect before a round happens and you'll have the option to block one or wait until later.)
R8 - For the first game of this bo3, you and your opponent must 1v1 with Sticky Barb Fairydisc. You cannot play this one match in Duomod Randbats and must play in the base format.

That should be it! I'll mention again that this will be played on Dragon Heaven, I have a few resources in the first post that might be handy to keep open during battle just in case. Please use each others' profile pages or Discord DMs to discuss times with one another. You have until Saturday February 11th at 11:59 PM EST. Let me know if an extension is needed!
1675489717336.png

Last edited:
won 3-0 (one of the matches ended up being annulated due to revival blessing killing your entire team lmao) thanks to Shimbius for such an available scheduling

Also ban Extremebeam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)