Tournament DCL I - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Artwork coming soon™️
Hosted by Nyx & Theia
Welcome everyone to the Draft League subforum's inaugural team tour, Draft Champions League! This tour will consist of 8 teams who will play 8 games per week in a round robin style tour. The top 4 teams will then battle it out in a playoffs bracket to crown our first DCL champions and win a custom avatar for themselves.

The 8 slots for this tour will be as follows:
:great-tusk: SV Paldea Draft :iron-treads:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tapu-koko: SM Draft :landorus-therian:
:gardevoir-mega: ORAS Draft :keldeo:
:flutter-mane: SV VGC Draft :urshifu:

All of these formats will follow the most up to date legality for Pokémon as of the beginning of the drafting week (18th September onwards).

We're going ahead and opening signups for managers. Each team requires a manager and a co-manager. There will be a minimum of 11 players per team and a budget of 110k total for the auction. Managers will be allowed to self-buy prior to the start of the auction at a cost of 15k per manager. Manager signups should be in the following format:​
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Logo (if applicable):
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?:
The deadline for manager signups will be 27th August 2023, after which the chosen 8 pairs will be announced and player signups will begin!​

Last edited:
Manager: King L5
Assistant Manager: Professor Shuckle/Darkrai
Team Name: Infernal Armory
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I'm the one who introduced team tours to the draft community with Draft Premier League in early 2019, and have been hosting and participating in them ever since. I've accumulated a number of championships: DPL2, DPL4, and Clash of Kings S3, winning MVP in DPL4. I also have individual tour success, with 10 top 8 finishes in major tournaments including 4 1st place finishes, and qualified 1st seed for the Draft Classic I. I've managed for 8 separate team tour seasons so far and its something I really enjoy and I'd like to bring my skills to the DCL along with my assistant manager Darkrai, who is some rando I picked up off the streets.
Logo:
armory.png

Manager: Me.
Assistant Manager: shadowtime2000
Team Name: LOS KOKOS HERMANOS
Logo (if applicable):
remix-50a15d4a-fe9a-4178-8e3c-f005d820ce08.png

So you’re interested in joining Los Kokos Hermanos? Well, too bad. Most of you are not good and will never be enough for our team. Shadowtime and I are probably a top 3 potential captain core so if you message us and we don’t respond, don’t be surprised. We’re only considering winners for this team so if you message us, be sure you can back it up with results.

Manager: Hallucination
Assistant Manager: Wombology
Team Name: Alakazam IQ
Logo (if applicable):
Alakazam_IQ_logo.png

Wombo and I have been all over the draft scene, having captained a Draft PL chip together in S3. We have also captained together in TDT, and have amassed vast accolades between the two of us. I have 2 DPL mvps, we each have a DPL best usum, we each have a TDT mvp and we both hold top 5 all-time records in DPL. We have won and captained countless other team tours like LWT and DLWC, and have found moderate success in smogon tournaments. I have also been an admin/commissioner in huge tournaments, such as TTM Tours and Discord PL.

Alakazam IQ is a team known for defying auction norms and consistently drafts new talent that would otherwise be overlooked. We do our best to make sure that talent can thrive and have helped put many people into the scene.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Me.
Assistant Manager: Alkione.
Team Name: Jojo's Bizarudes.
Logo (if applicable):
1692567372115.png

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I have a huge amount of experience as an host, captain and player in normal and Draft team tournaments on both Smogon and French scenes, and am accustomed to auctionning, judging and managing players. I've won a decent amount of teamtours Drafts on the French scene, and have been making good results on the wider english-speaking community. Same can be said for Alkione, which is now a Smogon veteran, having won multiple OG/LT PLs, caping the UPL, participating in TDT, and being one of the top French players in the Draft format.

We both enjoy a lot the Drafting format, having played it for years now since ORAS came out (LCDL Circuit, UMD, SDL, TDT, DPL, etc), and would like to take the great opportunity that DCL presents us with to show both the skill and passion the French Community has to offer in such a tournament, and our value as managers on the global Draft scene, mixing both veterans and unsuspected new talents to let shine!

Thanks for the read!

Last edited:
Manager: Me
Assistant Manager: foodv_v
Team Name: P Banders
Logo (if applicable):
1692580657484.png

Logo (if applicable):

Me and food have many accolades under our belt. But we want more. We are sick and tired of defeating scrubs in these smogon tournaments and decided we are upping the level. I'll be honest smogon should be kissing my feet right now and begging me to even fill out this information. Why should the hosting team pick me? Don't make me laugh, Im Fucking FartballsVGC.

Last edited:

Hacker

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Me
Assistant Manager
burrg
Team Name
Forfeit Fishermen
I am a very accomplished player in the draft scene. I have had good team tour runs in all of Draft PL, TDT, Clash, and PWS where I have all had positive seasons alongside with my teams generally making playoffs. I have had a decent amount of great runs in individual tours as well, I had a very far run the kickoff tour here, and I made LDI semifinals in gen 8. As for my experience in normal leagues I have played in some of the most popular leagues in the community like Trick House, DGBA, OLT and have had great seasons in all of them.

My assistant manager, burrg has also played in all of the major draft league team tournaments. He joined my Draft PL team during midseason, and had a good run beating good players, hes gone positive in TDT, and has been an active presence in the draft league community for a while now.

Along with this, we both have experience managing in draft league team tournaments. I have managed Draft PL, TDT, and PWS and have had success doing so. Burrg has also managed smaller draft team tournaments like the CFT, but as mentioned earlier has played in all of the major draft league tournaments. We believe that we can cultivate an excellent team environment, leading our team to a swift and decisive victory.

Manager: Rye
Assistant Manager: GeniusX
Team Name: Zero Fox Given
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?
Me and GeniusX have both been in the draft community for many years since the start of gen 7 and gen 6 respectively. Also we both have extensive experience in managing draft team tours with myself having managed DPL 3 times and GeniusX managing DPL 3 times. Furthermore, I captained the Season 6 winning team of DPL and GeniusX captained the Season 7 winning team of DPL making us two the winners of the two most recent seasons of the tour. Our captain experience extends to COK as well where I have captained twice before. Most recently, I attained overall MVP for Season 7 of TDT and GeniusX has been consistently in the top 4 for many of the smogon draft tournaments that have taken place. Overall me and GeniusX have both been incredibly successful in the draft format as individual players, captains and teammates so we plan to translate that success to this team tour.
zfg.png

Last edited:

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
Manager: Concept Everything
Assistant Manager: yerdunc
Team Name: Drippin Dripplins
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Yerdunc and I are both competent draft players within the community, with results and activity to show for it. I have been playing in Draft Leagues since the ORAS era and Yerdunc started in SS. Yerdunc’s accomplishments include: Top 4 SV Kickoff, Top 8 USUM, and maintaining a positive record in TDT. Although my accomplishments in the community are low, I analyze replays very seriously and think about what could have done better as a player and as a teambuilder. Currently I am in the top 16 of the SV Summer Seasonal. I have been in quite a few team tours as a player now, so I know I can lead a team well.
My former managers and teammates will all attest to the hard work I put into teambuilding, scouting, and overall team positivity. The following users are all my previous managers and will all attest to my credibility and reliability as a person and ability to manage a team.
Brigtel Maxouille Mr.378 giraffefromholland pkThunderboltWait2Seconds Sirwings Clementine Fragments ElianFakee Atha The Number Man sundays

Logo created by Yerdunc
0363BBCD-96D7-43AB-A2D6-8A1EA8357E30.png

Last edited:
Manager: Toxinalpaca

Assistant Manager: zomb™

Team Name: Bolt Beak Blizzards

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?

I’ve been doing draft for 2 years now, notable for being quite active around the draft scene. I’ve had some good experience in team tours, playing in tours such as YBTT, S.I.T.R.U.S, and most notably TDT. I’ve also managed several discord OU tournaments, so I have the capability and knowledge of managing a team. I’ve also been promoted to be the co-manager for Smogon’s Doubles Derby despite being newer, so I have official smogon experience to back me up. I’ve taken it upon myself to represent the vgc side of this community, with multiple VGC events and being a mod in for VGC draft’s biggest server (WBG). I’ve been praised for being really active and in total an all-around great helper.

Zomb is a very well known member of the draft community. He’s the owner of PGP (one of the greatest collabs in draft), SBT, a mod for PWS, and so much more. Zomb has a lot of good team tour experience, such as being a PWS S3 champion, being in TDT, and captaining in YBTT. He is also in the classic playoffs, solidifying him as a good player. Me and Zomb captained before in a smaller off-season tour and got 2nd with ten teams in the tour.

We overall have good experience and the skills needed to manage this tour, and we’d be thrilled to get in.

Logo (if applicable):
1692653950254.png

Manager: Feyy
Assistant Manager: vengabenga
Team Name: Low Horsepower
Logo (if applicable):

Both Venga and I have been around in the draft community since gen 7. Venga and I have been teammates in draft team tour in the past and are looking for the runback. I've been part of many teams within the past years including PWS 3 Large Fathers, Doubles PL 7 Snowpoint Cold Crew, BLT 10 Anistar Articuno, TDT 7 Sphealchair and have been assistant manager for STC 2 Hold-Ops and many other smaller tours. I've also made many deep runs in individual tours like top 16 Smogon Draft Kick-Off tour, winning SPSO, top 16 VGC Smogon Draft Kick-Off tour and currently in OSDT top cut. Venga has made many great runs in some of the best draft leagues such as DGBA, OLT, TH, TBC, etc. and has participated in a number of team tours before. He is one of the most active teambuilder and mocker I know and always provide the best feedback on how to improve. I believe we'll be able to create a fun and competitive team environment and we're both stoked to get in.

Manager: MattyBrollic
Assistant Manager: TDK
Team Name: Bitter Barbies
Logo (if applicable): WIP
Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: We're cool people with a lot of captaining experience in both draft and Smogon team tournaments. We also both run our own separate leagues in UDL and WWDL respectively. TDK and I bring a lot to the table including but certainly not limited to leadership, skill, experience, maturity, muscles, good taste in anime (me), bad taste in anime (TDK), etc. The real question should be, why shouldn't the hosting team pick us?

Tjb145

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
Manager: Tjb145
Assistant Manager: hjkhj
Team Name: A Mew Beginning
Logo: WIP, will have one by auction (hopefully)
Why Should Hosting Team Pick You: Theo is a decorated player in both the Smogon and Draft league side of things, participating in a plethora of tours (so many that I'm not gonna even attempt to list them or bother researching). This man defies the idea that stall should be easy to prep against in the Draft League format and for many years has been a force to be reckoned with.
As for me.......I'm just a Draft League boomer that ended up as a community leader somehow. I'm qualified to do this I guess?

Rissoux

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributor
Draft Leader
Manager: Rissoux
Assistant Manager: Finchinator
Team Name: Land Before Timer
Logo (if applicable:

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: Between WPF and the Smogon Draft League server, I own the two biggest draft league servers in the community and am a positive and integrated part in most parts of the community. I've managed in a few tournaments (COK, PGP) and am an organized and diligent presence that encourages my team to perform and, above all else, have fun. Finch can say roughly the same of his Smogon accolades, boasting an impressive amount of integration into all the facets on the site to include inclusion in and helping to run some of the most competitive tournaments on Smogon. We're looking forward to the opportunity to compete in the first DCL!

Last edited:
Manager: Sylvi
Assistant Manager: Garay oak
Team Name:
Slaying Girlbosses
Logo (if applicable):

I played draft since 2015 in the ORAS Metagame. From Skype Groups Draft towards Discord Drafts I played for a some years with my Friend Groups on a competitive level. In 2020 I joined german draft communities playing SS, SSND Draft and SVND Draft later on. From winning Teamdrafttours and individual Drafttours in known German Communities I gained experience helping others in the Draft metagame. For my Smogon Draft Appearances I finished Top 8 in the SV Kick Off Tour in Pre Home SV Metagame.

My beloved Assistant Manager is a well known Smogon Player who is crowned with past and most recent success on this website. In addition to that he started playing draft since last year and got topping results in friends group with strong Smogon and Draft Players respectively. Not to mention his generous experience managing side Premier Leagues, this and last Year SCL with Final Appearance.

With Garay's incredible aid, my experience in the Formats we make a well balanced Core for this DCL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)