Tournament DCL I - Commencement

ggs to all managers and congrats to all players who got pick!!

aswell garay and I not coming from the smogon/discord draft scene I tried to make myself my own opinion on the majority of the signups in combination with input from others who are well known in the community. They are fo sure multiple opportunities in the future ahead for the ones undrafted!

rooting for a hype season and gl to all except TDK (tony upbid) and Hacker (hacker) ! :blobuwu:

A Mew Beginning is repped by its 2 captains tjbad and theodorebroke. TJ has a historic record of failing to miss playoffs in team tours without an individual record to even back it up. Meanwhile theo has an okay record, but you’re stuck wasting an entire team on stall per tour. He may be a solid stall player, but stall counterplay has been solved in draft so bring a mental herb, lum berry or choiced mon and you’re fine. For their most expensive player they took the nepotism pick and spent 17.5k on Legits who “led” the first winless team in DPL history. For 12k they spent on their PR pick in mr. interviewer Sean who is best off not even playing, and a super quality .500 player in Odin, but only when the usum pool is spread thinner. For 7k they took sempra? Idk who this is but ig hes good at vgc which makes their next pick miso redundant. Why would you take miso for just support and whatever you do don’t ask Phil about Miso. For 4k they took the player that lasted 8 turns in a DPL game, so he changed his name and became a randbats main. They also took Jack Black aka Bird and we don’t fucking talk about this guy actually dont know why he was drafted genuinely. Bad human, smile. They took Hallu and hopefully nobody gets banned for ghosting. If they win its automatically an asterisk. For their minbids they started with Liam who will probably cancer if he loses one game as a minbid. They also took Bbryan whose biggest achievement is being a mockslave on a DPL team. They took Mmoxie who doesn’t even play pokemon anymore and Vini who isn’t even good VGC support let alone starter. They also took Mirbro, idk who tf this is, but if he wins any games be sure to give Hallu his flowers.

Tjb145 hjkhj

Last edited:
Artwork coming soon™️
Hosted by Nyx & Theia
Welcome everyone to the Draft League subforum's inaugural team tour, Draft Champions League! This tour will consist of 8 teams who will play 8 games per week in a round robin style tour. The top 4 teams will then battle it out in a playoffs bracket to crown our first DCL champions and win a custom avatar for themselves.

When you sign up, you are not only committing to being active, but also to being a positive presence on any team you are drafted to.

Our 8 teams this year will consist of the following manager pairs:
:mew: Tjb145 (tjb145) + hjkhj (theodoremani) - A Mew Beginning :mew:
:zorua-hisui: MattyBrollic (mattybrollic) + TDK (twinkaton) - Bitter Barbies :zorua-hisui:
:dondozo: Hacker (doormoney) + burrg (burrger) - Forfeit Fishermen :dondozo:
:ceruledge: King L5 (kingl5) + Professor Shuckle (professorshuckle) - Infernal Armory :ceruledge:
:garchomp: Rissoux (rissoux) + Finchinator (finchinator) - Land Before Timer :garchomp:
:spectrier: Feyy (feyette) + vengabenga (vengabenga) - Low Horsepower :spectrier:
:sylveon: Sylvi (healingwish) + Garay oak (garay_oak) - Slaying Girlbosses :sylveon:
:ninetales: Almighty Rye (rye8116) + GeniusX (geniusx) - Zero Fox Given :ninetales:

The budget for the auction will be 110k and a minimum of 11 players must be drafted. All managers will be allowed the choice to self-buy themselves for 15k each prior to the start of the auction.

The 8 slots for this tour will be as follows:
:great-tusk: SV Paldea Draft :iron-treads:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tornadus-therian: SS Galar Draft :garchomp:
:tapu-koko: USUM Draft :landorus-therian:
:gardevoir-mega: ORAS Draft :keldeo:
:flutter-mane: SV VGC Draft :urshifu:

All of these formats will follow the most up to date legality for Pokémon as of the beginning of the drafting week (18th September onwards).
The following spoilers outlines the rules for the draft phase, battles, standings and midseason. None of these are finalised and may change up until 24 hours prior to the auction:
  • Teams will draft the following teams: 4x SV Paldea, 3x SS Galar, 2x USUM, 2x ORAS, 2x VGC.​
  • Each team will have up to 90 points with which to draft 8 Pokémon per draft. Costs are listed on each pool’s tab on the drafting spreadsheet.​
  • In ORAS/USUM, teams may only draft 1 Mega Evolution and the non-Mega variants of Pokémon may not Mega Evolve.​
  • If a Pokémon is picked by another team, it may not be picked.​
  • The timer will be 8h long for all rounds and active non-stop once it begins at 12pm GMT-4 on Monday . A team's timer will halve every time they are skipped. This halving will only apply to the pool they were skipped in.​
  • If a legal Pokémon is untiered, please contact a host and they will determine the Pokémon’s cost.​
  • Smogon’s Species Clause applies to all drafts.​
  • Played in the [Gen 9] Tera Preview Paldea Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
  • Once the draft is over, you must declare two Tera Captains. They must total no more than 25 points and they are the only Pokémon on your draft that may Terastallize. They may Terastallize into any type in any game.​
  • The following complex bans are in place:
    - No Pokémon may use the move Last Respects.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Leppa Berry.​
  • The following Pokémon may not be Tera-Captains:
    - Baxcalibur
    - Dragonite
    - Garchomp
    - Iron Bundle
    - Iron Valiant
    - Palafin
    - Regieleki
    - Roaring Moon
    - Tornadus-Therian
    - Zamazenta-Crowned​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Basculin
    - Oricorio
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee
    - Basculegion
    - Oinkologne
    - Maushold
    - Squawkabilly
    - Tatsugiri
    - Dudunsparce
    - Ogerpon​
  • Played in the [Gen 8] Galar Dex Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Kyurem-Black cannot use the move Dragon Dance.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.
    - Cinderace may not have the ability Libero.​
  • The following Pokémon have access to all of their forms (although you may only bring up to 1 to each battle):
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally
    - Toxtricity
    - Indeedee​
  • Dynamax and Gigantamax are banned.​
  • At the end of the draft, teams must declare 2 Z-Captains for each draft, these are the only Pokémon that will be able to use Z-Moves on that draft.​
  • Played in the [Gen 7] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Mega Kangakhan may not use the move Seismic Toss.
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the abilitiy Protean nor Battle Bond.
    - Zygarde-50% and Zygarde-10% may not have the ability Power Construct.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist
    - Oricorio
    - Silvally​
  • All omniboosting Z-moves are banned. This includes the Kommonium Z and subsequently, Clangorous Soulblaze.​
  • Played in the [Gen 6] Draft tier on smogtours.psim.us or play.pokemonshowdown.com.​
    - Blaziken may not have the ability Speed Boost.
    - Greninja may not have the ability Protean.
    - No Pokémon may hold the item Soul Dew.​
    - Pikachu
    - Wormadam
    - Basculin
    - Meowstic
    - Pumpkaboo
    - Gourgeist​
  • Swagger Clause: A Pokémon may not have Swagger in its moveset.​
  • Played in the [Gen 9] 4v4 Doubles Draft tier or [Gen 9] Regulation Set D VGC tier on play.pokemonshowdown.com.
  • The ban list will follow that of Play Pokémon’s Regulation Set D, found here.
  • Of the clauses listed under Battle Rules, only Species and Endless Battle Clause apply.
  • Team Lock Clause: Players must use the same team for all games of a given week. To prevent the changing of teams between games in a single week, all games must be challenged before the first game begins.
  • Item Clause: Players cannot have two of the same item on the same team.
  • Matches must be played at level 50.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • The following clauses apply:
    - Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
    - Sleep Clause: If a player has already put a Pokémon on their opponent's side to sleep and it is still sleeping, another one can't be put to sleep.
    - Evasion Clause: A Pokémon may not hold an item, use a move or possess an ability that can increase their evasion stat.
    - OHKO Clause: A Pokémon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
    - Moody Clause: A team cannot have a Pokémon with the ability Moody.
    - Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
    - Baton Pass Clause: A Pokemon may have Baton Pass in its moveset but may only dry-pass, nothing may be intentionally passed via Baton Pass, including stat boosts, Substitutes, and move effects, besides the Pokemon itself.​
  • Any items unreleased in SV/SS/USUM/ORAS are banned.​
  • Replays must be posted to the week's thread.​
  • This tour will operate on a points based standings. Teams will gain 2 points for a week win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. The more points a team has, the higher they are on the standings. The secondary metric will be battle differential (number of battles won/lost).
  • Tiebreakers will only occur at the end of the regular season, if two or more teams are tied in both points and battle differential. Ties that do not affect playoff qualification but do impact playoffs seeding will be decided via the two teams' h2h results.
  • Between weeks 3 and 4, teams will be given a week off to make transactions to their drafts. This is the only point in the season during which transactions are legal.
  • Teams will be allowed the following number of transactions:
    - 10x SV Paldea
    - 8x SS Galar
    - 5x USUM
    - 5x ORAS
    - 5x SV VGC
  • These transactions are shared across all of a team’s drafts within a format.
  • At the end of the midseason, all drafts must abide by the original rules.
  • No players may be dropped, barring players removed from the tour by the hosts. These may be replaced immediately.
  • No players may be picked up post-midseason unless a team drops below the 11 player minimum.

We will be adapting rules from this thread for the majority of our decisions. Please read them and familiarise yourself with them.

Feel free to use this for, well, anything DCL related that doesn't fit elsewhere.​
cant wait to watch, wish i got picked tho xd

Our Season came to an end to early to my own liking. But this is reality and I acknowledge many things didn't go that well as they should have. From last minute Auction plan changes due to players deleting their signup, my want to take control in the draft and also the absence of important people in times when they were most needed. Nonetheless - this was a journey I am proud to be part of. Without Garay oak 's Influence and Nyx advice on may daily, countless questions to certain players I would have never managed and auctioned this Team together. I really wanted to accomplish something great also to prove myself that I can compete in my home roots of Pokemon, them being in drafts - but all came to an end. Even though we are not in playoffs I want to give special shoutouts to some of Teammates who in my opinion are definitely worth buying every auction and highlight their hardwork.

Starting with 2playaLuffy, notonly getting a positive record of 4-3 but also carrying a lot during the auction. He suggested good picks in there and also prior after we settled down to plan around them. It was much needed since our auction plans were gone in the last 2 days. Beside liking their vibe I admire their work and he is the 20k worth. Just some things didn't well right always (I ducked the lineup once hahah...) but if worse case is 4-3 just imagine mid to best case.

JimmyG Only discovered them through contacting the playerbase. From the beginningin our talks I knew that player has not only hands but also brain. Our undisputed carry with a more than solid 5-2,tied for best ss record in regular season. Not only can this man make pikachu beat ground trappers but also many mocks and give good advice in other slots. In addition carried in other slots and provided immense support there, just what can this guy not do? Would buy 11/10 times and atleast 20k+. The milkman.

Luxanse I was told so often that this person is bench only and max 4k bid.I was convinced we want them 2 weeks before the auction but then also started to question the pick if it is high prio. But it paid off so well, Lux is much more than just a Support Slot. After changing gears from week 3 forward they steamrolled with 4-1 in the SV tier. Not to mention their immense support in nearly all slots. Mock machine my lord. Everyone else should get them a chance to start from the beginning. Best PickOfValue I have ever done or seen in recent times.

gorex Lasty of the a bit longer shoutouts I want to give someone Kyle suggested me last minute. Same record as him, and played solidly. After every loss fed up, but that to mislead this is a negative. You could tell they wanted to win, so they were a hard working person. Tryharded their slot and did a lot of trades in the mock department. Great buy andeven greater experience.

Now to not leave anybody behind some small words to the rest of you

Tony the theorist. Unfortunately many stuff didn't go aswell as anticipatedbut u clutched up when we needed it!

Mountaih the other half of the ss main duo. Talkactive fellow who also helps others a bunch. record not the greatest for you I assume as well but it wasn't WiFi tbf.

sablolol one of the greatest despite what record says. Wasn't your season kek. But great help in the draft and mock machine. Intersting humour

Lunala a bit shy but when we hoped we can still achieve poffs, u shined bright last week. Unfortunate wasn't enough in the end

Mogo hydro pump and rng is great in this world. cool dude fa sure tho!

Aldrich mogo's fangirl

Amaranth things didn't work in the game as they should have to your liking I may assume. I still think many claims of yours are valid and they can and will be put into practise on the bigger stage eventually.

Gondra hope u feel better soon and genshin can cure ppl I heard! The emotes were always very cool tho.

Glurakaiser wanted to see how u gonna perform on the bigger stage, u tried and I am sure with more attemps in the future you will shine.

mind gaming thanks for contributing some ideas in draft

That being said I wanna end this post and hope everyone on the Team enjoyed the Time their or atleast it wasn't to bad. I tried my best to make it as comfortable for you and I am happy what u did. Until next time we see each other and thanks to everyone who take their time reading it. Rooting for timers for the rest of the tour and wishing the draft community a good day :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)