Tournament AAAPL I Commencement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
gm and welcome for the Official Power Rankings of the AAAPL made by the greatest AAA player ever !

I chose 3 criteras to make this ranking, all objective (obviously) : Team names, Managers' strength, and actual draft. Those pairings are the most accurate ever and I am right. Without further ado, let's get into it. Enjoy!

:Corviknight: The Well-Baked Corviknights managed by Hiusi guy and sundays

Team name : 2/5. I don't know if there's a pun or a reference I'm missing, but it could have been any Pokemon (with ig a good body) for that name so.. meh. Well-Baked Body is a super cool ability though, so it's worth 2 points

Managers' strength : 1/5. This was 0.5 but I checked hiusi guy's profile and apparently they've played AAA a bit. No idea of who the other manager is and none of them seem super solid in AAA.

Draft : 4/10. Corviknights' got some big names early in shiloh and MZ, but both of them require builders. None of the managers are builders, and frankly, who builds in their team ? RoFnA/Don Vascus/I am BONK can build a bit, but certainly not carry the whole team and they aren't even top tiers builders. I don't know who's gonna play SM and ORAS. Maybe MZ and shiloh will do a masterclass and carry their team but even then, remaining slots don't seem super solid, although most of them can go even if they find teams. Big if.

Total : 7/20

:Salamence: The Smashing Salamences managed by Natcrozma and Lady Salamence

Team name : 4.5/5. Salamence is a super cool Pokemon, and Smashing is threatening and goes very well with the mon. I like that.

Managers' strength : 2/5. I don't know who's Lady Salamence (well I saw them posted a bit on some forums but don't know which tiers they play and their level), Natcrozma is a fine AAA builder. Not the greatest, but they do play AAA and that's a good thing, however it's only in 9G and I don't know if they can help even a bit in lower tiers.

Draft : 3/10. This looked like Natcrozma and Lady Salamence first real draft, and while they were very excited and seemed to get everyone they wanted on their team, the draft is just not solid. 14 people for only 6 slots and 5 weeks which will almost certainly end in half of the team being dead or beefs to know who's gonna play, only one "top" player in abriel who's not even an AAA main and can certainly go positive but won't probably stomp the pool, some decent picks in Hera/DFM/pichus but not top players level even if they can all go positive, and at the end of the day you have too many players that maybe are all decent and you'd def won a 12-slot AAAPL but that's not the case here, and the money seemed very weirdly used, and I'm pretty sure the last 4 picks combined will get at best 1 game played

Total : 9.5/20

:Psyduck: Psycho Psyducks managed by SpaceSpeakers and zastra

Team name : 4/5. Same as Salamences, Psycho goes well along Psyduck and it feels like the team is a bunch of crazy guys

Managers' strength : 2.5/5. SpaceSpeakers is a good player, I'm not 100% sure about their building abilities but they teamed with Career for OMPL and probably learned a lot. I don't know how much they'll be able to support though, and zastra doesn't play AAA, but same they played OMPL and probably have a decent level at knowing what's good and what's not.

Draft : 5/10. I'm ngl this draft is solo carried by QT for 21K who is a massive steal and I don't know how managers let that happen when half of them got 12 players on their team like fr spend your money :psycry:. This team isn't super threatening on paper but has the ability to go very well with Space/QT/Tranquility being able to build good teams for TTTech/SparksBlade/Ainzcrad, and Maybca/Dragonillis are fine players, they can both perform badly though but I expect them to go even or maybe slightly positive if they played and with a bit of luck in the key weeks they can def go through.

Total : 11.5/20

:Ceruledge: The Cherry Pit Ceruledges managed by OM and Potatochan

Team name : ?/5. Joker on this one, cuz I don't get the name so it would be a 1/5 but this is more likely me not speaking English bc Cherry Pit isn't a word I use a lot so maybe it's some hidden meaning I can't understand.

Managers' strength : Potatochan/5. OM won't probably help a lot, but Potato is a really good player and builder if they try, but I don't know how much they'll be able to catch up the SV metagame and invest themselves in many tiers with little knowledge in some of them. They did play in 8G though and are a really good support if they got the time to help, so that would probably be between a 3 and a 4.

Draft : 5.5/10. A lot of this draft will depend on team's activity but Potato drafted a lot of their friends and I expect them to have a good time and play seriously, Kaif/zio are really good players in game, alongside with hariyana grande (although they might be benched)/flix/Taka/Havens/K3ppr that are good players in game if they learn the meta and get teams. Issue will probably be teams as it feels a bit like the SSSSS team, but I've more confidence in those players to be invested and get the wins

Total : 12/10 (yes this is arbitrary. stfu)

:honchkrow: The Head Honchkrows managed by LordBox and Career Ended

Team Name : 1.5/5. uhn. Honchkrow got an head yeah I guess ? Just feel like you needed to find a word that started with H and only came up with head.. EDIT : Ok nvm that's pretty cool. Giving you a buff but not enough to beat Charizzards cuz I'm mean.

Managers' strength : 4.5/5. Well, both of them basically built every AAA team used by their team in OMPL (with some help but you know what I mean), and they're experienced AAA players (and one of them is council). Bit weird that none of them self-buyed esp in a pool with not a lot of really good players, they def had a shot to go positive (and I also would've liked to see them play but well..). Pretty strong managers pair, though

Draft : 8/10. Short draft but they're often the best, hayedenn is #1 SS builders and is probably really good in SV, they might choke in game but I believe in them and they'll prob go even or positive (although for 18k..), Andyboy is broken in old gens, Lasen/Greybaum/Sylvi in a good teamchat with good teams are really good picks that will probably go even or positive, the subs are just a bit short as I don't know Scarfire, I don't know if velvet will care, and iapt isn't the most solid player. Would def be a 9/10 or a 10/10 if one of the managers self buyed but oh well

Total : 15.5/20

:Charizard: The Charming Charizzards managed by Atha and The Number Man

Team name : 3/5. I'm a boomer + who tf are you charming + atha doing a rizz joke is like hayedenn winning a game in a teamtour : you'll see it once, not twice. Good one, though.

Managers' strength : 5/5. I mean. How is that even legal lol. Both are super strong players if not the best of the tour and are experienced in every tier except ORAS. And they're two. just atha or TNM would already be the best managers pair of the tour, now you got both of them for 20K ??? That's crazy tbh and a bit unfair bc money wasn't even a major issue during their draft.

Draft : 8/10. So those mfs got atha, TNM, PandaDoux, and Ivar ? lol. Do I need to say more ? 4 broken slots that almost guarantee a tie each week, with good new players that can learn and are decent subs, and it could definitely be a 9/10 draft but I can't let them be 3 points above everyone else so I'll say that new players are a risk and maybe they'll all fail.. hopefully it doesn't happen. (if I say atha will fail now I'm 100% sure he'll got 5-1 just to prove me wrong). Their ORAS slot is just very sus, as it seems like it'll be Concept Everything (?), but otherwise, I don't know how this team isn't gonna win the tour. Also, they got Siamato on their discord. Good try everyone !

Total : 16/20

Now if you disagree, just get good ! I'd love to be wrong bc it would be annoying to just see the experienced AAA players stomp the tour, but on the other hand, it's hard to not see that happening.. Keep in mind that those PRs just reflect pre-draft things and as we saw in OMPL, this is 99% wrong. Give hahas if I ranked your team low, give loves if I ranked your team high, but at the end of the day, don't care to what I say and enjoy your tournament. Good luck everyone ! I might do reviews of some highlights every week if I have motivation. So probably not.

Last edited:
gm and welcome for the Official Power Rankings of the AAAPL made by the greatest AAA player ever !

I chose 3 criteras to make this ranking, all objective (obviously) : Team names, Managers' strength, and actual draft. Those pairings are the most accurate ever and I am right. Without further ado, let's get into it. Enjoy!

:Corviknight: The Well-Baked Corviknights managed by Hiusi guy and sundays

Team name : 2/5. I don't know if there's a pun or a reference I'm missing, but it could have been any Pokemon (with ig a good body) for that name so.. meh. Well-Baked Body is a super cool ability though, so it's worth 2 points

Managers' strength : 1/5. This was 0.5 but I checked hiusi guy's profile and apparently they've played AAA a bit. No idea of who the other manager is and none of them seem super solid in AAA.

Draft : 4/10. Corviknights' got some big names early in shiloh and MZ, but both of them require builders. None of the managers are builders, and frankly, who builds in their team ? RoFnA/Don Vascus/I am BONK can build a bit, but certainly not carry the whole team and they aren't even top tiers builders. I don't know who's gonna play SM and ORAS. Maybe MZ and shiloh will do a masterclass and carry their team but even then, remaining slots don't seem super solid, although most of them can go even if they find teams. Big if.

Total : 7/20

:Salamence: The Smashing Salamences managed by Natcrozma and Lady Salamence

Team name : 4.5/5. Salamence is a super cool Pokemon, and Smashing is threatening and goes very well with the mon. I like that.

Managers' strength : 2/5. I don't know who's Lady Salamence (well I saw them posted a bit on some forums but don't know which tiers they play and their level), Natcrozma is a fine AAA builder. Not the greatest, but they do play AAA and that's a good thing, however it's only in 9G and I don't know if they can help even a bit in lower tiers.

Draft : 3/10. This looked like Natcrozma and Lady Salamence first real draft, and while they were very excited and seemed to get everyone they wanted on their team, the draft is just not solid. 14 people for only 6 slots and 5 weeks which will almost certainly end in half of the team being dead or beefs to know who's gonna play, only one "top" player in abriel who's not even an AAA main and can certainly go positive but won't probably stomp the pool, some decent picks in Hera/DFM/pichus but not top players level even if they can all go positive, and at the end of the day you have too many players that maybe are all decent and you'd def won a 12-slot AAAPL but that's not the case here, and the money seemed very weirdly used, and I'm pretty sure the last 4 picks combined will get at best 1 game played

Total : 9.5/20

:Psyduck: Psycho Psyducks managed by SpaceSpeakers and zastra

Team name : 4/5. Same as Salamences, Psycho goes well along Psyduck and it feels like the team is a bunch of crazy guys

Managers' strength : 2.5/5. SpaceSpeakers is a good player, I'm not 100% sure about their building abilities but they teamed with Career for OMPL and probably learned a lot. I don't know how much they'll be able to support though, and zastra doesn't play AAA, but same they played OMPL and probably have a decent level at knowing what's good and what's not.

Draft : 5/10. I'm ngl this draft is solo carried by QT for 21K who is a massive steal and I don't know how managers let that happen when half of them got 12 players on their team like fr spend your money :psycry:. This team isn't super threatening on paper but has the ability to go very well with Space/QT/Tranquility being able to build good teams for TTTech/SparksBlade/Ainzcrad, and Maybca/Dragonillis are fine players, they can both perform badly though but I expect them to go even or maybe slightly positive if they played and with a bit of luck in the key weeks they can def go through.

Total : 11.5/20

:Ceruledge: The Cherry Pit Ceruledges managed by OM and Potatochan

Team name : ?/5. Joker on this one, cuz I don't get the name so it would be a 1/5 but this is more likely me not speaking English bc Cherry Pit isn't a word I use a lot so maybe it's some hidden meaning I can't understand.

Managers' strength : Potatochan/5. OM won't probably help a lot, but Potato is a really good player and builder if they try, but I don't know how much they'll be able to catch up the SV metagame and invest themselves in many tiers with little knowledge in some of them. They did play in 8G though and are a really good support if they got the time to help, so that would probably be between a 3 and a 4.

Draft : 5.5/10. A lot of this draft will depend on team's activity but Potato drafted a lot of their friends and I expect them to have a good time and play seriously, Kaif/zio are really good players in game, alongside with hariyana grande (although they might be benched)/flix/Taka/Havens/K3ppr that are good players in game if they learn the meta and get teams. Issue will probably be teams as it feels a bit like the SSSSS team, but I've more confidence in those players to be invested and get the wins

Total : 12/10 (yes this is arbitrary. stfu)

:honchkrow: The Head Honchkrows managed by LordBox and Career Ended

Team Name : 1.5/5. uhn. Honchkrow got an head yeah I guess ? Just feel like you needed to find a word that started with H and only came up with head.. EDIT : Ok nvm that's pretty cool. Giving you a buff but not enough to beat Charizzards cuz I'm mean.

Managers' strength : 4.5/5. Well, both of them basically built every AAA team used by their team in OMPL (with some help but you know what I mean), and they're experienced AAA players (and one of them is council). Bit weird that none of them self-buyed esp in a pool with not a lot of really good players, they def had a shot to go positive (and I also would've liked to see them play but well..). Pretty strong managers pair, though

Draft : 8/10. Short draft but they're often the best, hayedenn is #1 SS builders and is probably really good in SV, they might choke in game but I believe in them and they'll prob go even or positive (although for 18k..), Andyboy is broken in old gens, Lasen/Greybaum/Sylvi in a good teamchat with good teams are really good picks that will probably go even or positive, the subs are just a bit short as I don't know Scarfire, I don't know if velvet will care, and iapt isn't the most solid player. Would def be a 9/10 or a 10/10 if one of the managers self buyed but oh well

Total : 15.5/20

:Charizard: The Charming Charizzards managed by Atha and The Number Man

Team name : 3/5. I'm a boomer + who tf are you charming + atha doing a rizz joke is like hayedenn winning a game in a teamtour : you'll see it once, not twice. Good one, though.

Managers' strength : 5/5. I mean. How is that even legal lol. Both are super strong players if not the best of the tour and are experienced in every tier except ORAS. And they're two. just atha or TNM would already be the best managers pair of the tour, now you got both of them for 20K ??? That's crazy tbh and a bit unfair bc money wasn't even a major issue during their draft.

Draft : 8/10. So those mfs got atha, TNM, PandaDoux, and Ivar ? lol. Do I need to say more ? 4 broken slots that almost guarantee a tie each week, with good new players that can learn and are decent subs, and it could definitely be a 9/10 draft but I can't let them be 3 points above everyone else so I'll say that new players are a risk and maybe they'll all fail.. hopefully it doesn't happen. (if I say atha will fail now I'm 100% sure he'll got 5-1 just to prove me wrong). Their ORAS slot is just very sus, as it seems like it'll be Concept Everything (?), but otherwise, I don't know how this team isn't gonna win the tour. Also, they got Siamato on their discord. Good try everyone !

Total : 16/20

Now if you disagree, just get good ! I'd love to be wrong bc it would be annoying to just see the experienced AAA players stomp the tour, but on the other hand, it's hard to not see that happening.. Keep in mind that those PRs just reflect pre-draft things and as we saw in OMPL, this is 99% wrong. Give hahas if I ranked your team low, give loves if I ranked your team high, but at the end of the day, don't care to what I say and enjoy your tournament. Good luck everyone ! I might do reviews of some highlights every week if I have motivation. So probably not.
Nah we have Kinetic1000, that’s an auto win idk what you mean

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
we r out sadly but was a fun tour, thx for drafting. i wanna make little teamdump because why not

SV

SV was definitely interesting to build for. The offensive options are very strong in this gen and it's definitely one I find that you should be building offensively in. The amount of threats to cover makes it hard to justify trying to check everything defensively. Unconventional Scarfers that can lure in offensive Pokemon and mons with strong priority options felt very strong.

:gardevoir: :chien-pao: :cinderace: :garchomp: :iron-treads: :quaquaval: w1 vs pichus (L)

Wanted to abuse a defensive backbone that uses Steels with Tinted Gardevoir, paving the way for Chien-Pao to clean. Shoutout to pannu providing the general idea for the team structure. While the Gardevoir did its job in the game, killing Heatran in 2, I got completely outplayed in the builder so my team couldn't keep up offensively. shiloh outlined the flaws of using Gardevoir when we considered using it, and those flaws pretty much all happened—Garde will get a kill or two but always puts you on the backfoot when it's about to get revenge killed. Overall not a bad team, it definitely needed to be faster.

:roaring-moon: :electrode-hisui: :quaquaval: :heatran: :zapdos: :garchomp: w2 vs Dragonillis (W)

The idea of this team was to use a bunch of pivots to bring Roaring Moon as many opportunities as possible. Mixed Chomp seemed strong with Roaring Moon, setting Spikes while simultaneously pressuring Corvs that might want to Defog. The game itself was not clean at all, lots of RNG especially at the end where I got bailed pretty hard.

:zamazenta-crowned: :zapdos: :scream-tail: :heatran: :garchomp: :quaquaval: w3 vs Potatochan (L)

I made this team very intentionally weak to Iron Treads because I was very convinced they wouldn't bring it. But I was completely wrong and got 6-0d by it pretty handedly. A turn 1 Wave Crash could've potentially saved my game—I learned after the game from TNM that in those turn 1 situations, you definitely should just abuse your lure rather than being passive. MGLO Mixed Chomp sadly did not get to shine.

ORAS

I've never played this tier or built in this tier a day in my life before the third week of the tour. MZ needed some ideas, so I took about an hour to study the meta so that I could help out and pass ideas around. Ty PociekMociek for doing test games, it helped make some much needed adjustments and just get some experience in the tier. Gl in playoffs brother

:manaphy: :heatran: :tyranitar: :mew: :latios: :zapdos: w3 vs crow crumbs (W, team used by MZ)

I made this team after doing a scout for teams crow crumbs used before and a self-scout for the things we were bringing. I was expecting some form of Braviary counterplay, specifically something that couldn't be Magnet Pulled like Doublade. The idea behind this team was to use Tinted Latios to break down mons like Doublade on top of common answers to Manaphy like Ferrothorn and DesoLand Heatran. This freed up the Energy Ball slot for Manaphy that would then allow it to 1v1 opposing Manaphy. Prankster Worry Seed Mew was a tech that didn't appear in the game itself, but it was there as insurance vs Manaphy as well, forming a nice VoltTurn core with Zapdos. I wanted to make sure the team wasn't overly reliant on Mana to make progress while also supporting enough to enable it.

:mew: :manaphy: :deoxys-speed: :volcarona: :togekiss: :lucario: w4 vs Lasen (W)

When I was learning the tier, I noticed that Screens wasn't entirely explored as an archetype, so I wanted to bring it. The star of the show, besides Manaphy obviously, was Deo-S. I felt like many teams literally just fold to it, mostly relying on priority to bring it down. I mean, look at the team I passed MZ and tell me what beats Deoxys there. I never saw it use Nasty Plot and I was very confused so I decided to bring it myself, not wanting to miss out on potential OHKOs that a more wallbreaking 4atks set would do. For Togekiss I wanted to take advantage of common checks to Gale Wings users and things like Volt Switch Zapdos that would trigger its WP.

Once again fun tour, I always enjoy trying to learn tiers I'm less experienced in. Definitely would've liked to have a better performance record wise, but I can't be too upset at 2-2 at all.

Kinetic

feeling the aster
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
now that the mences are out, i wanted to shoutout everyone in the team that helped us get this far

:salamence: Lady Salamence / cat
ty for drafting me, i really didn't expect to be playing SM every week but i'm not complaining lol, you guys are awesome managers, hope to see you guys again eventually

:salamence: pichus / Hera / DeepFriedMagikarp / abriel / BugGoBrrrrrr / yokoisop / autumn / Codename C.A.T / Gimmickyasitgets / Theia / berry / Cao Jie
ty all for being awesome teammates, you helped make this tournament as enjoyable as it was, hope we can play together again eventually as well

:salamence: astralydia
i know you don't use smogon anymore, but ty for the support in SM, and for having faith in me even when i was against far better players

:salamence: and all the other support we got (looking at you pichus goons)

team dump in the old gens thread soontm

anyways ty all, was a great tour, looking forward to aaapl 2 with you all :blobthumbsup:

edit:
team dump

Last edited:

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
im pretty happy with everything honestly. sucks that we couldn't get to finals, but hey, this whole 7? weeks we had were wonderful and im looking forward to next year (if im not stuck studying)

pichus Hera DeepFriedMagikarp Gimmickyasitgets
the SV COOKS. goats, wonderful people, wonderful builders and clickers.
abriel
my mistake was not getting enough dedicated SS supports. this was a sad season but you still persevered, got things done.
BugGoBrrrrrr
2ac goat. sorry that we didn't place you in more weeks but i hope you had fun :sob:
yokoisop autumn Codename C.A.T Theia gimmicky but I already pinged her
I AM SO SORRY THAT I BOUGHT YALL TO NEVER LET YALL PLAY :sob: :sob: if our paths meet again, I will insist on letting you click.
berry Cao Jie
my biggest fuck up was never getting a proper ORAS support with how dire the pool looked. I hope you guys don't beat yourself up over it, this was totally on me. if I get yall again, trust me, you will be having a proper oral support.
Kinetic1000
AND BRO WAS WORRIED W1. you are so goated, having minimal support but still getting things done. semis were sad with the freeze but oh well, those other games were wonderful, lightning rod magearna was wonderful.
cjw405 LordBox Isaiah @ fiora
you guys went out of your way to help the team. your efforts are appreciated greatly and you guys are defacto salamences.
Lady Salamence
all this would not be possible if not for you. you may think that you couldn't help much this aaapl, but you were the best manager ever. clear-headed, wonderful, a nice person to talk to and a goat.

The Psyducks are out, so it's time for shoutouts
:mad:

Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ YO YOU WERE AN ABSOLUTE BEAST. You supported basically every slot, built solid teams, and won us important games. and most importantly, u were fun to chat with and kept a positive atmosphere throughout the tour. really glad to have bought you, you are a true psycho psyduck. hope we get to be on a team together again (we will)

Dragonillis you still haven't uploaded the appleduck emoji........ :psyducknorris:. jokes apart, you were also another nice person to chat with and a goat sv slot. ur channel unfortunately got hijacked though lmao. erhm. anyway, it was good to have you on the Psycho Psyducks, comrade, you shall remain a Psyduck forever, there's no escape. :psysly::smogduck:

TTTech we are out, but you get to stay with me for another 7 weeks :smiling_imp: (you know what I'm talking about). what a nice fortune you have :evil:! you were a goat 2AC, ngl. i wasn't a believer in TT's Tech at first but the power trip corviknight proved me (and maybca) wrong.. but unfortunately enough, the dusclops didn't work :skull: you were also nice to chat with (:troll:).. i guess. :psynervous:

SparksBlade you and i both faced trouble with AAA but... you were a goat on the battlefield (i suck lmao). u were also very nice to chat with, and i think we r a lot alike too... I'm also being bullied by my friends now to play that shit :psytear: mhm.. on a more serious note, I'm glad to have drafted u in the Psycho Psyducks, ur dedication was commendable comrade. i sure hope we get another chance to be teamed together!!

Tranquility ur another player I'm glad to have drafted. i know u had some rough games but it's alright, u were also a goat on the battlefield and supported our slots perfectly, current gen and oldgens alike. ur dedication was commendable, and I'm awarding u (lol) with the psycho PsyduckForLife Tag.

Quantum Tesseract u had a rough start, but after that, YOU WERE A BEAST. on the sv field, i was almost surprised (well, not really, considering every1 knows ur a goat lol, just saying for the dramatic effect :p) to see you claim the heads of ur enemies so effortlessly...! u won us games when we needed, tiebreak game and what not. u were truly impressive, and I'm glad to have drafted u in the Psycho Psyducks. we r winning this thing next time (if there's a next time) pal. :psyglad:

Ainzcrad u carried our oras and played and built very impressively. you were also a nice person to talk to :what_was_that_car_emoji_again?:. You are now officially a PsyduckForLife. :psysly::smogduck::psyglad:

oaklies IM SO SORRY.. u just played ONE GAME WHOLE SEASON... I know you are also a GOAT (i mean, Psyduck, technically) and it sucks that you were benched almost the entire time. thanks for being so generous and nice, it was nice to have u on the team. #PsychoPsyducksForLife

For all the people who supported us, helping us build / test, morally, or just larping, thanks to everyone. Clas LordBox lemonstre1 Giyu Pokemon Trainer 596 anique (for doing nothing) and probably a couple more... I'm sorry if I didn't mention u I'm forgetful :skull: (don't leave cord lol)

couldnt have drafted a better team, it's a shame we couldn't reach finals, but we made playoffs and I'm happy with that. I blame myself, I am not that good at aaa so I couldn't provide much useful advice (tried my best tho but :skull:), and I didn't do the scouting work and stuff properly. sorry team.

wait did I forget someone... oh yeah, s/o SpaceSpeakers for being a troll and doing nothing but "meow"ing in the chat... ok jk thanks for asking me to comanage despite me not being an aaa main, it was indeed a fun experience. thanks speakersofspace. thanks team. cheers :psyglad: [crack art incoming :psysly:]
Good luck to the teams in finals!

I know that it's been a while since AAAPL, but:
Screenshot 2023-10-19 024610.png

31anuz.png

Quick note before the shoutouts: Most of them will sound cliché but I was drafted in the Charizzards with the best players, what do you expect?

Firstly, shoutout to my managers Atha and The Number Man for drafting me. My initial plan was to join the Psyducks with SpaceSpeakers but then Atha outbid him with a whopping price of 4.5k (I thought I would go for like 3k or something cause this was my first team tour). Still very happy because Atha and TNM are two of the best AAA players imo.
Atha I've always known you are the goat, but even that didn't prepare me for how great of a manager you are. You played 2AC which is a meta that no one got any idea about and thus couldn't really support you but you still built great teams and played like a god. Moreover, you was also really active in SV channels, giving good advices and bringing cool ideas. You taught me a lot honestly.

The Number Man going into the tour I also knew you are the goat but I thought you were going to be very serious, try-hard player (maybe it's because of your avatar lol) but I couldn't be more wrong. You were a chill and funny dude and in general just brought good vibes to the team (I will miss your silly wordplays). It's quite unfortunate that I can't see you play SV but your performances in SM tell me all I need to know about the your skill. The tier genuinely looks likke hell to play but somehow you pull through and got consistent wins. You also helped other slots a lot especially ORAS. Truly the goat.

Ivar57 I know that I sound like a broken record, but I also consider you to be one of the best AAA players rn and I was totally shocked that I was in the same team with you, Atha and TNM. You were the only player of the team to go undefeated and that speaks volumes for how great of a player you are. You are also a great builder, too. You were able to build good teams on your own and had some really cool ideas like Hisuian-Liligant. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

ojr I watched a bit of OMPL and saw that you were a great NFE player but I didn't expect you to sign up for this tour and really didn't expect you to be that good at AAA. Your ability to pick up a new metagame is crazy to me. After a few days, you were able to get a good grasp of the meta and have interesting ideas amazed me. I saw a lot of people praised your building skill in NFE and now I think they will have to praise your AAA building skill. Your teams are truly unique. Everybody was a doubter until they saw you 6-0 in your debut game. Keep it up my man.

PandaDoux I didn't know much about you before the tour since I didn't play that much AAA in gen 8 but you were truly a monster. Somehow some way, you could finish your prep on the first day while getting amazing record??? I must have missed a lot for not playing competitive in gen 8 then. Damn.

PociekMociek I also didn't know much about you other than you won OMPL and you beat my ass in the NatDex AAA tour. ORAS is a weird metagame and you seemed like a new player so I was a bit skeptical. However, my mind was blown when I saw your record. You were almost undefeated in such a broken metagame like ORAS. Your skill are beyond my understanding. Hope to see you transfer that skill to other tiers in the future!

SammyCe123 When I saw your run in AAA seasonal I was like where tf is this guy come from. You just came out of know where and played AAA better than most people I've seen. Somehow every other managers didn't see that and Charizzards was able to get you for 3k (wtf?). After this tour, even with your limited games, I hope everyone will see just how great of a player you are.

Gwanian The only thing I knew about you before was from OM cord and you seemed like you play a lot of the tier. You were very helpful in team cord with your knowledge of the tier, helping and testing stuff. I know that this is not your full potential and I'm looking forward to seeing your performance in the future.

Concept Everything I'm sorry I can't say much because you weren't very active but I know you are the goat.

Siamato Osake Our team was already broken enough but we also got the two goats in our discord too??? Your help were very valuable and how you guys keep trolling Atha makes me laugh a lot. Still a bit mad that Osake said that I will fail in the ranking post but I will give you a pass. Thanks a lot to Siamato for inflating my ego :blobnom: , I'm not that good lol .

Also shoutouts to helpers like Tranquility temp, couldn't have done it without you guys.

About the teams, I'm still waiting :worrywhirl:
Screenshot 2023-10-19 035748.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)