Invalid A rework/addition to the coverage command to show exactly which mons within a given tier/meta resist or are immune to the entered moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, the coverage command just shows what kind of damage from the entered moves each type will take. But I think it would be nice to add on to that by showing which mons within a given tier/meta resist (or are immune) to the entered moves. This way you can see what specific mon(s) will wall a set. To achieve this, I think the tier you want to see could be added to the end of the coverage command like:

/coverage outrage, iron head ou

This example would bring up Corviknight, Gholdengo, Heatran, and Kingambit.

Also, it would be nice if you could add multiple tiers too, so you can see which other meta relevant mons could wall the set. Additional tiers would just be added after the 1st tier entered. So for example, '/coverage outrage, iron head ou uu' would show Empoleon, Goodra-Hisui, Iron Treads, Jirachi, and Scizor along side the four OU mons above. Current gen tiers can just be the tier's name (like ou, ubers, pu, etc.) but old gens would probably have to be entered differently. I think the best way for this would be "gen[#][tier]". So the command for, lets say RBY OU, would be '/coverage [move 1], [move 2] gen1ou'. And don't forget about abilities that grant immunities. Mons with one should show up as appropriate results. For example '/coverage flamethrower ou' would bring up Heatran too, despite it not naturally resisting fire. I think it would be best for mons with an immunity ability and other options for abilities to come up in results that they would fall under with that ability. That way you get to see every mon with the capability to wall your set.

This is just my recommendation of how to implement something like this, I'm not asking specifically for this addition, just a way to show exactly which mons resist the entered moves within a given tier.

(I made this post before the December tier shifts happened so if any of the mons in the examples get moved out of their tier, sorry)

Last edited:
I believe this is already possible through use of the /dexsearch (/ds) command. It's pretty versatile, and just typing it into any chat window should have all the info you need to get started.

For the examples you've mentioned:
1701429277316.png

1701429192998.png

You can also use moves within weaknesses or resists, for example /ds weak freezedry would be valid.
The heatran one is slightly more roundabout, as there's no direct way to account for the effect of abilities. However if you're aware of which ones they are, then they can be used.
1701429726731.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)