Monotype 2023 Monotype Fall Seasonal - Round 2

Welcome to the eighth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the second of two tournaments of the Monotype Seasonal 2023 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SV Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • As this is the first Circuit for Scarlet & Violet Monotype, to encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded and posted starting in Round 1. If neither player posts replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
  • Terastal Clause: Prevents Pokémon from Terastallizing
  1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
  • If you do not know how to schedule, make sure to check out the official guide!
  • Please use VM's to schedule with your opponent, as it makes it easier for me to track activity calls when needed.
Matchups

Winners bracket:

Hax Believer  vs  Bluxio
Floss  vs  Mihowk
Uta The Clown  vs  Toadow
Bouki  vs  silver grace
Cristian Jimenez  vs  seroo
Dead by Daylight  vs  DugZa
autumn  vs  SpaceSpeakers
Jojo8868  vs  Neko
XSTATIC COLD  vs  YellowWolf
Ashbala  vs  Ara
Scarfire  vs  Nael222
fatBatman  vs  Ferno
Swiffix  vs  Don Bork
ComputerWhiz  vs  kythr
AtraX Madara  vs  wkxkevin
feen  vs  finncepti0n
lolebruh  vs  diegoblu
Caroline u-u  vs  Xiri
Trichotomy  vs  Azick
Chaitanya  vs  Quinn
No Luck No Life  vs  Fraolain
yedla  vs  Ferenia
TomLeLego  vs  Bu11seye
Cielau  vs  Tarre25
CaptainDaimyo  vs  lavarina
tMoi  vs  Ethereal Sword
justdrew  vs  TheWyvernKing
airfare  vs  TheRealBigC
Batzi  vs  maroon
SunMYSER  vs  TheArchitect_
ikiarihS  vs  RoyalReloaded
Leafium Z  vs  Sificon

Losers bracket
Perish Song vs  Ashaury
ArkenCiel  vs  Pr1nce0fAllSaiyans
kingjay  vs  memedose46
SnoWSt0rm_  vs  Prof.Otaku
Snak  vs  Azluc On Top
Mister McLovin  vs  Aceoraptor
Elyoss vs Senor Muero
Delta4  vs  Pawwz
Minty tee  vs  pannu
T1W1B  vs  GodzillaFumante
Bka Onon  vs  cicepece11
adjustments  vs  eren58yt
Liimpy  vs  0Mileage
Elfenbeaners  vs  style.css
giove97  vs  Tico
8142e33  vs  you got memes on
jackuzzler  vs  chuggachuggachooo
Zerotti  vs  ToasterBoi420
Miyoko  vs  Havens
angelthesaucegod  vs  boris69
TTK  vs  Joffacake
MTB  vs  SBAP
Wesleyy  vs  jeza.p
Mr.Bossaru  vs  Dragon Expert Soma
LegendSteelix  vs  Tav72
Starfox.  vs  BeniSama
Super Venusaur  vs  Scholar
Rex Slayer  vs  Lennart
TDR  vs  Davo2544
Kman343  vs  Pengairxan
Turtlek  vs  Yondame
Giyu  vs  boomp611

Extensions deadline is Wednesday 16th, 12.59PM GMT -4
Deadline is Sunday 19th, 12.59PM GMT -4

Last edited:
Right why is Hax Believer considered the winner of our match when the fella doesn’t even play showdown. He won’t play the next round lol
Because you guys scheduled for a time, he was active at that time notifying you on your wall yet you were inactive and missed that time only to come back later to him. He called act and it was granted

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
Extension pls, me and jojo are playing 1pm GMT+8 Monday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)