Project 1v1 Core Laddering Challenge

Hit Bronze on 1vCLC 2b Mental

Arboliva is a fun mon indeed. I don't think it's very viable in the greater scheme of things but it does make for some funny stall sets with harvest. Here's a quick rundown for anyone else using this mon for the first time. I'm new to this type of write-up, feel free to call me out on any mistakes.

The strategy I used is as simple as it gets: Tank a hit t1, set up leech seed, get healed via sitrus berry, and use Harvest in combo with protect to keep healing.
The other two moves you use are rather important. Strenght Sap can give some crazy heals while dealing a devastating strenght drop. Substitute is a classic stall option. What's interesting is the use of Hyper Voice, which can be used to beat substitute hearthflame sets if used with Strenght Sap, and probably a lot more.
You could genuinely run Mirror Coat, Leaf Storm, Synthesis, or Charm.

I've found that - with investment, you can tank some heavy hits.
- Jolly Hearthflame Ivy Cudgel (This surprised me)
- Banded Iron Treads megahorn (With 90+ def and boosting nature)
- Anything from an unboosted Regidrago (except banded outrage, max SPatk dragon energy is a small chance to OHKO if lower Spdef investment.)
- Modest Power Herb archaludon's draco and flash cannon
- Protosynthesis Walking Wake's flamethrower (With 192/+ SPdef)

The big threats are obvious, since we have a wealth of poison-users, both special and physical. Greninja, Moth, Hoopa-U (especially a threat, considering Psychic Noise is very popular), etc. Gouging Fire completely murders you. Same goes for the strong fighting types. Teammates like Archaludon, Hoopa and Ursaluna-B are really good to deal with them.

I thought of using Sunny Day+Synthesis but haven't experimented with it much yet.
Happy harvesting!

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Arboliva is a fun mon indeed. I don't think it's very viable in the greater scheme of things but it does make for some funny stall sets with harvest.
Honestly you hit the nail on the head with a lot of your post. I love Arboliva for the same reason I love Gloom: Strength Sap + Leech Seed theoretically makes you beat a lot of physical attackers just by existing. It's simple really, if they don't have attack boosting moves and you can survive one hit, you win!

In practise it's a little more complicated but what I like about Arboliva specifically in this is its flexibility in how it wins. First off it's a grass type which means you beat primarina which means you've gotta be viable RIGHT!?!?!? Anyway jokes aside, 78 HP / 109 SpD with the option of getting either Harvest or Grassy Terrain means you have the ability to fare decently into special matchups, and then Strength Sap obviously can take care of the physical ones. Offensively, you don't have the broadest coverage, but Earth Power and Alluring Voice give you enough to work with on top of a plethora of grass type moves. This, from a pure type matchup perspective, actually lets you play decently into the top of the meta.

Running harvest gives you immediate sustain from sitrus berries or even resistance berries (occa for gouging fire??) while Seed Sower gives you healing over time and a damage boost to your own grass type moves. Also like you said
You could genuinely run Mirror Coat, Leaf Storm, Synthesis, or Charm.

All in all, I actually look forward to trying to bring some light to this mon. I think the greatest thing holding it back (which is holding a lot of gen 9 back at the moment) is consistency. The top tier has a lot of sets, and Arboliva isn't the kinda pokemon that can cover all of them. As a hoopa counter for example, I'd much prefer "faster bug type move" over Arboliva's "you win if they're physical without gunk shot" and it feels like that's what a lot of Arbo's matchups come down to: Hoping they're running the set that loses to yours

In as 1vCLC2aBillieeeee

1.png

In as 1vCLC2bBillieeeee

(i dont know why when i register the accs the name get all letter together i hope that its not a problem)

2.png

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
Apologies for being a week late on this post, life caught up to me but I've got my bearings again.

The second cycle of CLC has concluded!
Sorry for the delays again and thanks everyone for playing. I'll actually update hall of fame and standings spreadsheet this time!! The next cycle will be for the Project Cycle and start Today (Sunday) April 21st at 12:00pm UTC. That's in about 2 hours from posting this.

1713694370691.png
1713694374511.png

Congratulations to The God of 1v1 ❄ for being first on ladder for both cores at the end of the cycle. Thank you happysh for taking screenshots while I was asleep.

Felucia

Robot Empress

Challenge #3
Once again a core for the 1v1 Project Cycle. Maybe you can get a break from the suspect test with this one :3

Core A
:ss/iron_crown: :ss/regidrago:
Code:
Bronze: 1300
Silver: 1425
Gold: 1550
Platinum: 1700
Names for this week must start with 1vCLC 3a.
This Cycle ends at April 28th 2024, at 2AM UTC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)