VGC Trick Room Glastrier Team for VGC 2021

TR Team for VGC 2021

I feel like I've got some good team synergy, I've been testing this for a few days now and its had quite a good win rate, if metagross dynamaxes and starts getting defense boosts it can be problematic so i have added in blacephalon to deal with this but I feel this is only making the team weaker to dark, this is countered somewhat by glastrier being able to deal with most of the current dark threats like g-moltres with STAB hailstorms and icicle crashes.

I'm trying to run a more aggresive team as this is my preffered playstyle, but I'm still quite new to making trick room teams, I would apreciate a few pointers if you see any major weaknesses in the team.

This is a link to My pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/b5d5177531025cb5

Glastrier @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Chilling Neigh
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Icicle Crash
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Protect

Glastrier is the main sweeper on my team, my main dynamax candidate. You basically get Trick room set up and then switch to glastrier, it matches up well against metagross, being able to OHKO with high horsepower and living a max steelspike from d-max meta. Protect is if you still have dusclops around when TR goes down. Icicle crash is your main form of STAB and is incredibly powerful as a max move. Hail breaks sashes. Weakness policy is for your dusclops to proc with brick break. Normal EVs, IVs and nature, I could consider iron ball to underspeed stackatacka in TR.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Brick Break
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Night Shade

Dusclops is there to set TR. Brick Break to proc policy, night shade for some damage and breaking sashes for glastrier. WIl-o-wisp to burn common physical treats such as glastrier and stackatacka as well as lando-t. The rest is pretty standard. I'm finding several strong special dark types, like galar moltres with policy are problematic.

Alcremie-Gmax @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Helping Hand

Alcremie is there to help dusclops get tr up, aroma veil blocking taunt and imprison, I was using indeedee-f before but was finding I was still getting countered by imprison mons. t's on the slower end of trick room but still outspeeds non-tr mons in trick room. its ability is also a bonus as in about half the games I play against people with imprison/taunt, they still use it. Its fairy typing also helps to pressure dark mons into switching. Helping hand is just there to help fini, pult and glastrier get those KOs they were barely missing.

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 204 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Muddy Water
- Protect

Its quite a typical set, just a strong set up sweeper that doest rely completely on tr, muddy water is a strong STAB, been considering replacing it with a more accurate move like scald due to the not great accuracy, it also does spread damage, at plus two it OHKOs most neutral mons, calm mind is just for set up and to help live hits from common special HO threats and help against other finis and leles.D-gleam is there for more STAB damage and to pressure out dark types.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Protect

Dragapult is a strong set up sweeper if you dont get TR up or if you dont want to play tr you can just set up a few dragon dances and then sweep. dragon darts is a strong stab and phantom force is just another STAB to deal with things like spectrier.

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Expanding Force
- Fire Blast

The last slot on my team has been quite flexible, but for a while I've been using blacephalon lust for a high damage STAB mind blown at the start of the match can get you an early lead with a double OHKO, so basically protect with one of your mons and then mindblown stuff. Can gain you momentum and get you into a possition where you kill their counter to TR with Mind Blown then set up TR and win.

A battle that shows how everything works quite well: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2021-1218453425-suo6lrkhn5ey56usoubk42qm7bg8nfppw

Ive been playing this team and i really like it , one thing id like to test is adding a heatran, for a blacephalon lead, that sounds fun although the team doesn’t seem to have any open slots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)