Board Game The Lost Art of Diplomacy - Spring 1905

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
WINTER 1903 BUILDS
Despite all the nasty war and such, there's still plenty of Christmas cheer in Europe this year... it's just unevenly distributed. Amazingly, Turkey is the cheeriest Power despite probably not caring much about Christmas; the Ottomans are usually called the Sick Man of Europe, but they seem to have made a full recovery!
1714794328429.png

UNIT COMPOSITION CHANGES
Turkey builds an army at Constantinople, and fleets at Ankara and Smyrna
Austria builds an army in Vienna and waives its second build due to a lack of vacant home centers
France builds a fleet in Marseilles
Italy disbands a fleet in Adriatic Sea
Russia disbands a fleet in Armenia and an army in Galicia

It is now Spring 1904. Orders should be submitted to me by Sunday, May 5th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7).

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
SPRING 1904 MOVES, PART 1
After a positively barnstorming 1903, it seems that each Power is being more careful to cover their bases this time! Except Germany, anyway; there's only so much you can protect from when the full force of the West is bearing down on you.
1714967497383.png

Germany's Sweden fleet has been dislodged. They can retreat to Finland, the Gulf of Bothnia, or disband. I need a retreat order from them in the next 24 hours so I can complete the update.

As a reminder, communication between Powers is prohibited during retreat phases.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
SPRING 1904 MOVES, PART 2: BOTHNIAN BOOGALOO
Roses are red, Frenchmen are blue, the Germans went to Bothnia and so too should you!
1714968011618.png

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
England now occupies Kiel
England now occupies Sweden

It is now Fall 1904. Orders should be submitted to me by Tuesday, May 7th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication between Powers is once again allowed.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
FALL 1904 MOVES, PART 1
Holy shit, this is a funny one. I just about spat out my water when I saw what's going on here in the north. Meanwhile Turkey appears to be repositioning amidst a naval defeat, France is helping Russia reclaim some territory at Austria's expense, and Italy is definitely still alive! They're just doing Italy things, which is to say nothing, but at least they're alive!
1715139493464.png

The following units have been dislodged:
English A Kie (retreat to Ruh, disband)
Austrian A War (retreat to Pru, disband)
Turkish F Tun (forced disband)

England and Austria must submit their retreat orders to me in the next 24 hours; I will finish the update as soon as they've done so. Communication between Powers is currently prohibited.

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
FALL 1904 MOVES, PART 2: THANKSGIVING BOOGALOO
As we transition from Fall to Winter, quite a few Powers have something to be thankful for! Three of them get new centers, Turkey and Austria haven't stabbed each other, and Italy and Germany are thankful to be alive! Let's have a look at how the board will change ahead of 1905.
1715142496052.png

RETREATS:
English A Kie retreats to Ruh
Austrian A War retreats to Pru

SUPPLY CENTER CHANGES:
England has gained control of Sweden (+1 build)
France has gained control of Tunis (+1 build)
Russia has gained control of Warsaw (+1 build)
Austria has lost control of Warsaw but waived a build last year, therefore they don't need to disband!
Turkey has lost control of Tunis, but they already got blown up in Tunis, which covers their (+1 disband)
Germany has lost control of Sweden (+1 disband)

Poor old Italy, they have nothing to do this winter...

It is now Winter 1904. Build orders should be submitted to me by Wednesday, May 8th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication between Powers remains prohibited for this phase.

Last edited:

StupidFlandrs48

World’s sweatiest casual
is a Pre-Contributor
WINTER 1904 BUILDS
Russia got to build, everybody! Be sure to pat them on the back, they've earned it after keeping themselves alive against the entire rest of the board for this long. I must say I'm looking forward to what this year brings; the center of the board is especially nuts, with every Power except Italy within spitting distance of Warsaw!
1715227113142.png

UNIT COMPOSITION CHANGES:
England builds an army in London
France builds a fleet in Marseilles
Germany disbands a fleet in the Gulf of Bothnia

It is now Spring 1905. Orders should be submitted to me by Friday, May 10th, at 9PM PST (GMT-7). Communication restrictions are lifted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)