BSS Kingambit

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:sv/kingambit:

HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!

[SET]
name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Kowtow Cleave
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Swords Dance / Guillotine / Brick Break
item: Black Glasses / Sitrus Berry / Assault Vest
ability: Supreme Overlord / Defiant
nature: Adamant
tera type: Dark / Flying / Fairy
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Kingambit sets itself apart from most other Dark-types with its bulk and typing, which make it a reasonable check against Gholdengo that lack Focus Blast.

* Guillotine makes Kingambit far more difficult to wall with foes such as Dondozo.

* Brick Break is rather weak, but it helps against opposing Kingambit.

* Supreme Overload is generally the more consistent ability over Defiant, since Intimidate foes are not very common. Defiant is still useful for punishing speed control options such as Rock Tomb, though, especially alongside Sucker Punch. (

Tera Types
========

* **Dark-type**: A Dark Tera type makes Kingambit even harder to wall and removes its irritating Ground weakness.

* **Flying-type**: This Tera type covers Kingambit's issues with Fighting- and Ground-type attacks very well.

* **Fairy-type**: With a Fairy Tera type, Kingambit gains a resistance to Fighting and can still deal with Dragon-types, but it becomes vulnerable to Gholdengo.

EV Spreads
========

* **252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe**: This simple spread maximizes bulk and power.

* **108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe**: This EV spread has enough Speed to outspeed most Corviknight and Skeledirge, and it still has enough bulk to survive one unboosted Body Press from Corviknight. Since this is a fairly congested Speed range, feel free to move some Attack EVs to Speed.

Items
========

* **Black Glasses**: While its boost to Dark-type attacks isn't as high as Life Orb's, Black Glasses is a better fit for Kingambit's bulk due to the lack of recoil.

* **Sitrus Berry**: The burst of recovery helps Kingambit check Gholdengo better.

* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest makes Kingambit a better check against Gholdengo and Hydreigon.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577], [StarkGod, 62165], [Butch Hardnight, 265677]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
name: Bulky Attacker
move 1: Kowtow Cleave
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Swords Dance / Guillotine / Brick Break
item: Black Glasses / Sitrus Berry / Assault Vest
ability: Supreme Overlord / Defiant
nature: Adamant
tera type: Dark / Flying / Fairy
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

* Kingambit sets itself apart from most other Dark-types, with good bulk and a typing that makes Dark-types with its bulk and typing, which make (I imagine this makes sense?) it a reasonable check against Gholdengo that lack Focus Blast.

* Guillotine makes Kingambit far more difficult to wall with foes such as Dondozo.

* Brick Break is rather weak, but it helps against opposing Kingambit.

* Supreme Overload is generally the more consistent ability over Defiant, since Intimidate foes are not very common. Defiant is still useful for punishing Speed speed control options such as Rock Tomb, (AC) though, especially alongside Sucker Punch. (this feels right & worthwhile, but if im missing the point thats fine)

Tera Types
========

* **Dark-type**: A Dark Tera type makes Kingambit even more difficult to wall, harder to wall and removes its irritating Ground-type weakness.

* **Flying-type**: This Tera type covers Kingambit's issues with Fighting- and Ground-type attacks very well.

* **Fairy-type**: With a Fairy Tera type, Kingambit gains a resistance to Fighting while still being able to deal with Dragon-types, at the cost of becoming and can still deal with Dragon-types, but it becomes vulnerable to Gholdengo.

EV Spreads
========

* **252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe**: This simple spread maximizes bulk and power.

* **108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe**: This EV spread has enough Speed to outspeed most Corviknight and Skeledirge, while still having and it still has enough bulk to survive one unboosted Body Press from Corviknight. Since this is a fairly contested Speed tier, feel free to move some Attack EVs to Speed. (if you mean "move 4 evs", that seems to constitute speed creep and the sentence should probably be removed. if you mean "this broader range is contested so you can move a bigger amount of evs," id keep the original but replace "tier" with "range" and "contested" with "congested", or something to that effect.)

Items
========

* **Black Glasses**: While the its boost to Dark-type attacks isn't as high as Life Orb's, Black Glasses are is a better fit for Kingambit's bulk due to the lack of recoil.

* **Sitrus Berry**: The burst of recovery helps Kingambit check Gholdengo better.

* **Assault Vest**: Assault Vest Kingambit makes it a decent makes Kingambit a better (bc i thought it was already a decent check to gholdengo. you could also say like, better against gholdengo and decent against hydreigon, or replace decent with "solid", or something else) check against Gholdengo and Hydreigon.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Quality checked by: [[Thick Fat Azumarill, 330577], [StarkGod, 62165], [Butch Hardnight, 265677]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif

GP Team done

Now I feel dumb cause I was gonna suggest two slashes that were put in after all. That's good there's av and a fighting move for options now.

I suppose it can't hurt to know even for my own sake, are Stealth Rock and/or Metal Burst reasonable on any set?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks, I opted to go for the congested terminology, since I wasn't just talking about 4 Speed EVs. The king is now onsite!

Now I feel dumb cause I was gonna suggest two slashes that were put in after all. That's good there's av and a fighting move for options now.

I suppose it can't hurt to know even for my own sake, are Stealth Rock and/or Metal Burst reasonable on any set?
I mean, it can feasibly set up Stealth Rock, but I haven't really seen it over the other moveslots, and I personally find it a bit hard to justify over the other moves. Same deal with Metal Burst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)