help me fix this Random HO in 1450

Hi, I'm in around 1450 elo and am trying to push to 1600s. I am using this team with five set up mons with glim for chip. Here is a explanation of my current team and the pokepaste:

https://pokepast.es/bc1d737042d5a9c4

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

This is just an average sash glim to set rocks and tspikes to chip the opponent. Tera ghost to spin block. I also sometimes click earth-power or power-gem to get a surprise 2ko on some pokemon. Most people expect rocks first and set-up, but ground rock coverage can hit lots of stuff for good damage.

Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Encore

I use this oger set mainly to counter rain (mainly to prevent flipturn barra from destroying my team) It has encore to prevent threats like gambit and zamazenta from sweeping/reverse sweeping. It also hits pretty hard after set up and deletes stall lol (I really hate playing against stall...) I use power whip over horn leech for brute force on mons that I can not set up against.

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

This might be my favorite valiant set. With booster speed, It outspeeds practically anything in meta rn. with a calm-mind or two, it can sweep. I have shadow ball just to beat all the gholdengos out there. Tera steel covers for many of valiant's weaknesses (flying/fairy/steel/poison). Steel is just a good tera type in general bc of all the resistances.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Gambit is the best late game cleaner, I run both low kick and iron head, just to cover for lots of stuff. Trust me, I don't usually need kowton, plus double coverage surprises lots of people. Ik its weird not to run max speed, but i can just tera flying to 1v1 other gambits. I run 8 speed over 4 speed to beat the 4 speed gambits lol. ppl sometimes be running 12 lol...

Raging Bolt @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

I use this raging bolt to also beat rain(i hate playing rain too). A priority electric type move just cripples rain. Tera fairy for zamazenta, fairy type moves are no longer super-effective, and im now immune to getting dracos dropped on lol. I coppied the evs from someone else in another post though.

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

So I was originally going to use defensive tusk, but max speed tusk outspeeds raging bolt and i like it more. I use eq over headlong to trick ppl to thinking im defensive ig. I don't run max atk because i can just increase atk with bulk up, i cant increase hp tho. Tera steel as usual. It is a pretty old set, but now that gliscor is back, I use ice spinner again.

I hope you all can help me uh get to 1500-1600s with some changes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ken

gm
is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
Monotype Leader
Hi slakish, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at the Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any questions. Have a nice day!
To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.
Why did you choose this Pokemon? What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it? What are all 4 moves for?

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

If you are running Low Kick on Kinganbit, then put 252 speed EV to save ur tera for later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)