AG Team (First AG Team and First Time on Smogon)

https://pokepast.es/ca850f605b4b24d4

Zarude is a funny pokémon.

Zarude-Dada @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Synthesis
- Power Whip

Bulk up goes brrr. He’ll knock you into a different world with power while bulk up, and synthesis provides more staying power. I also like knock off for just taking off leftovers or stuff like boots.

Koraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Outrage
- U-turn

Scarf Koraidon threatens big kills without high defense. Motorcycle. Also, this team needs more physical attackers because i added lots of special attackers. Magearna can calm mind pass into this for a lot more bulk than the opponent expects. Agility helps with sweeping.

Calyrex-Shadow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: As One (Spectrier)
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Astral Barrage
- Grass Knot
- Psychic

This is a sweeper after baton pass Magearna sets up in your face and passes to a ghost horse which kills you. Also has really decent special defenses with enough calm minds. Knot to hit dondozo and nasty plot in case magearna dies or can’t pass well.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Baton Pass

Purposely made this bulky with dkiss for extra recovery and threatens stuff like mandibuzz that calyrex can’t hit. I ran agility to threaten sweeping with rex or koraidon and also calm mind for the bulk/damage. Leftovers for recovery.

Arceus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

ES swords dance. I need something that hits fast and decently powerful. Arceus really just hurts anything that my other mons can’t. This is the basic set.

Archaludon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Modest Nature
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

I saw this mon somewhere being used with metal burst. if you attack it, you die. If you don’t, you get stealthily rocked and chipped (perhaps paralyzed) by thunderbolt and draco. Calm mind can make those chipping moves turn into powerful wall breaking attacks while also adding bulk.

have fun with this team

Last edited:
1. Run boots on Archa. It would also appreciate Tera fairy to have dragon immunity. 2. Consider replacing Magearna with Fairyceus or Zacian.

Well, firstly welcome to smogon! but also... AG doesn't have a lot of diversity in its mons. stuff like zarude or archaludon will never perform as well as banned legendaries. apart from that tho, your team doesn't have a way to break ho-oh. that thing is REALLY common, and if all you've got is a defensive archaludon with non-STAB tbolt you're gonna struggle.

This team seems to be built around magearna, not a great mon, but i can try to help. The magearna idea is interesting, firstly use shift gear, it's better than agility for your physical attackers. I'd also add some speed EVs to outspeed caly-shadow at +2. Honestly i dont know if it's a good idea, ive never used baton pass myself, but i can see this working in some situations. I also dont see magearna living for more than 1 or two baton passes, maybe try grimmsnarl screens support? In that case, drop archaludon. I don't see it switching into anything anyway. my apologies if you were trying to go for balance instead of offense, but I can only help with hyper-offense.

If you're going with the offense batonpass magearna route, drop scarf on koraidon for loaded dice or some other offense item. Add wild charge zacian instead of zarude, it's just stronger, faster and bulkier while helping the ho-oh matchup. Plus you can pass on some nasty boosts with magearna to get to +2 in atk and spe after intrepid sword. You might also want to add a stallbreaker but idk what.

ok this was my first long post on helping people teambuild so idk if i gave good advice but just try out the changes i suggested and keep testing, you'll find a good team eventually.

Zarude could function as role compression as a bulk up wincon role compressed with being a calyrex counter that likes koraidon's sun. I could see it having potential. However, OP uses a lot of bad mons that don't have much synergy. If OP built around 1, I could see it working. However, running :Magearna:, :Archaludon:, and :Zarude: on the same team is not very good.

the thing is, their team is walled by ho-oh. zarude does not help that. and they already have ekiller as a caly check. but alright then, if OP wants to keep Zarude, I'd suggest replacing archaludon with miraidon or wild charge zacian. just anything to actually do meaningful damage to ho-oh. either way, archa has to go, and a ho-oh check is needed.

I agree. My point was, he could likely build around one of the three mons, but the other two have to go. I agree with your points, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)