Tournament 1v1 Premier League VII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
It's time for 1v1 PL VII, starting off with deciding team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to sign up to manage a team, player signups will be coming later. Everyone (past, and new managers alike) are required to sign up if you wish to manage with no exceptions. You are allowed to sign up as a solo manager (i.e. you do not necessarily have to sign up with an assistant manager anymore.) Managers will be chosen based on a number of factors, such as prior experience in team tour leadership, experience with the 1v1 metagame, and general good behavior on Smogon and PS!. The following format should be used:

PS! name:
Assistant Manager:
Preferred team:
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

You must sign up for one of the tournament's franchises. No team will change names and we will provide the logos. The 8 available franchises are: Hellfire Heatrans, Metro Boomin' Megarays, Drive-By Dragapults, Big Baller Barraskewdas, Hyperspace Horrors, RPS Rhyperiors, Trigger-Happy Thwackeys, and Playful Panchams.

This year's format is:
  • SV 1v1 Bo7
  • SV 1v1
  • SV 1v1
  • SS 1v1 Bo7
  • SS 1v1
  • SM 1v1
  • ORAS 1v1
  • BW 1v1
Manager signups will close June 18th. The hosts will announce the selected managers and open player signups shortly afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
PS! name: Elo Bandit
Assistant Manager: Murman
Preferred Team: RPS Rhyperiors
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details):

I managed the RPS Rhyperiors last PL and the RPS Rhydons during OGPL. I was a manager for the last two World Cups of 1v1, and I've been involved with 1v1 for the last seven years, introducing many new players to the format via my YouTube channel and developing several gens of 1v1. I lead SM 1v1 and I can provide team support for every slot.

Murman is my returning co-captain because he's a positive team presence, a spreadsheet wizard, and an impressive SV player. His teambuilding skills and helpful attitude will make playing for our team a rewarding experience for newer players and veterans alike.

PS! name: Blastblaze/Baleblaze
Assistant Manager: stravench
Preferred team: Hellfire Heatrans

I won this very tour creating Hellfire Heatrans in 1v1PL3, and have been around this meta on and off for the past decade. I want to think I'm friendly with everyone in the community and thrive especially in team tournaments. Lets make a new set of memories this time around as well :)

Anyone who was Asia's dark horse charge into WC Semifinal spot last year knows how much Stravench helped behind the scenes, and even by that metric I think he's still underrated. A helpful, friendly and positive presence all around this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Let's repeat history and win this again, join us to turn your 1v1PL dreams into your 1v1PL legacy.

PS! name: Waylaid
Assistant Manager: DripLegend
Preferred team: Big Baller Barraskewdas, Hyperspace Horrors, or Playful Panchams

I managed the Barraskewdas to victory in PL 4 and have been a part of several successful teams. As a manager, I'm able to give my teammates effective support and I know what it takes to lead a team. Coming off of managing a playoffs team in OGPL, I feel like I'm in touch with the playerbase, especially those who have been around awhile.

I'm excited to team with DripLegend again, this time as managers. Anyone who's talked to Drip can vouch for his friendliness, which is an awesome trait in a captain. While he is a newer face in the 1v1 community, he's quickly shown himself to be an impressive player and builder, placing highly in multiple current gen tournaments. He's active in the community, universally helpful, and always quick to offer up his teams whenever someone asks.

Excited for another season with you all!

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS! name: DEG
Assistant Manager: ncalathes
Preferred team: Metroboomin' Mega Rays
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): I have been involved in the 1v1 community and its tournaments for year, have also managed a lot of 1v1 teams. I managed the winning PL team last year and I want to be come back and defend my title. Joining me this time will be ncalathes, a player with community knowledge and real manager experience and will be a great co-manager for this season.

Have fun everyone!

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
PS! name: Fragments
Assistant Manager: XSTATIC COLD
Preferred team: Drive-By Dragapults

Have managed RBTT (twice), UMPL, 2v2pl, BLT, and CAPPL. Never missed playoffs in any tour I've managed. Was the #1 seed in the 2021 1v1 circuit and went 4-2 in my first pl (we don't talk about last pl that shit was cursed). Hoes may tell you I'm out of form rn (the hoes may be right) but if you pick us you'll get the prime version of the plate.

Xsc needs no introduction. Past pl champion, wc champion, ladder tour champion, currently a top 5 seed in circuit, bro has done it all. If you want the sauce, this man has the sauce. Very active in the community, we both know the playerbase extremely well, and we have what it takes to draft a winning team.

Miyoko

Arigato!
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
PS! name: Ad067
Assistant Manager: hunternoooob
Preferred team: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
I have been playing 1v1 since 3 years. I have been top of the SS ladder a few times and collected points for the circuit. I played in many PLs where I have been selected as the team's 1v1er. This year, I qualified for ladder tournament as a substitute and in SV kickoffs I went 3-0 qualification. I was top 8 in 2021 1v1 Majors and was top 8 in 1v1 Classics SM and BW in 2022. I also have applied for tutorship where I have learned better 1v1 skills from Lumii and I think now I'm ready to apply for it.

My co-manager Hunternoooob have managed in my discord PL including BKCPL ADPL and BTPL. He have been the captain of Team India in BSS World Cup and have been a active member of the 1v1 community. He also won many discord PLs. We both have 1v1 very well and have high managing experiences and know what a good drafted team needs.

Chris Chien Pao

formerly hunternoooob
PS! name: Ad067
Assistant Manager: hunternoooob
Preferred team: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys
I have been playing 1v1 since 3 years. I have been top of the SS ladder a few times and collected points for the circuit. I played in many PLs where I have been selected as the team's 1v1er. This year, I qualified for ladder tournament as a substitute and in SV kickoffs I went 3-0 qualification. I was top 8 in 2021 1v1 Majors and was top 8 in 1v1 Classics SM and BW in 2022. I also have applied for tutorship where I have learned better 1v1 skills from Lumii and I think now I'm ready to apply for it.

My co-manager Hunternoooob have managed in my discord PL including BKCPL ADPL and BTPL. He have been the captain of Team India in BSS World Cup and have been a active member of the 1v1 community. He also won many discord PLs. We both have 1v1 very well and have high managing experiences and know what a good drafted team needs.
Confiriming

PA

Purgatory.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
PS! name: PA
Assistant Manager: Mubs
Preferred team: Hyperspace Horrors
Made LT poffs, won WC with a positive record , have managed a lot of teams in general, am active in the community, contributed as such and have a great understanding of the playerbase. My assistant Mubs has managed four 1v1 team tournaments, making the postseason thrice (TB + 2 Semis). Both of us have basically been around for a long time and i personally would like to fix the shortcomings of last year. We back.
1686857014424.png

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
PS! name: Stone_Cold
Assistant Manager: Leru
Preferred team: Dave's Dunsparce
Why would you be a good manager? (Prior experience + any other additional details): Have managed 16 tours since January. Made playoffs in every one of them since February.

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
PS! name: Leru
Assistant Manager: Z Strats
Preferred team: Larry's Lechonks
Have managed 16 tours since January. Made playoffs in every one of them since February.

PS! name: Joker 1v1
Assistant Manager: Akeras
Preferred team: Twacky Monkeys or the LA Lakers whatever is easier (No preference on team, just whatever was left from what I saw above)

All right let’s do this one last time.
My name is Peter Parker. I was bitten by a radioactive spider, and for ten years I've been the one and only Spider-Man. I'm pretty sure you know the rest. I saved a bunch of people, fell in love, saved the city, and then I saved the city again... and again and again and again.

Throughout those 10 years I’ve been on showdown and every year put my name out to manage a PL team. Being gatekept, laughed at, joked about, told I shouldn’t try. I continued year after year only to have the result be the same until this year with OGPL. Where I was finally given a chance to prove what I’ve known. That I can manage a team. A team that had a foundation of enjoyment/winning. Each team member knew from the moment they joined what our plan was.
We as a team made it to within 1 game of winning PL (failed 5 times in a row), but throughout all that everyone bought in. Being able to do all that whilst I was homeless, worked 2 full-time jobs and was in a car crash should be a testament to everyone who doubted my ability for years.
Now I have a place to live, work only 1 job and am recovered from my crash. I don’t see why winning PL wouldn’t happen. Also Akeras is my zoomer support. They were on my team last time, so they know the vibe

Side note: I genuinely thought Theia was Smely but a name change :3 (let deg host its always some anime catgirl vibe he's got going on)

PS! name: xbossarux
Assistant Manager: tbd
Preferred team: any
PS! name: Miguel O'Hara
Assistant Manager(s): Mr. Bossaru and Bernian
My name is Miguel O'Hara. I lead an elite strike force dedicated to the security of the multiverse. I would be a great manager because I'm not like the other managers. I don't always like what I have to do. But I know I have to be the one to do it. I am able to travel to infinite multiverses, and in this one I become manager and win PL so don't break the canon by not letting me manage. A team I have officially managed has never failed to win a ring and I don't plan on breaking that legacy this year. If for some reason it wasn't obvious that I am the perfect manager, I have attached a selfie which should be all the proof a person needs to see that I am the best manager.

1687124272283.png
1687124343702.png

Second picture is me vs the other managers so yeah pretty obvious choice on your part

Shoutouts to Itchy for not locking the thread :) your 11 wow'd posts will be up shortly.

Last edited:
PS! name: PA
Assistant Manager: Mubs
Preferred team: Hyperspace Horrors
Made LT poffs, won WC with a positive record , have managed a lot of teams in general, am active in the community, contributed as such and have a great understanding of the playerbase. My assistant Mubs has managed four 1v1 team tournaments, making the postseason thrice (TB + 2 Semis). Both of us have basically been around for a long time and i personally would like to fix the shortcomings of last year. We back.
yep.

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
PS! name: Miguel O'Hara
Assistant Manager(s): Mr. Bossaru and Bernian
My name is Miguel O'Hara. I lead an elite strike force dedicated to the security of the multiverse. I would be a great manager because I'm not like the other managers. I don't always like what I have to do. But I know I have to be the one to do it. I am able to travel to infinite multiverses, and in this one I become manager and win PL so don't break the canon by not letting me manage. A team I have officially managed has never failed to win a ring and I don't plan on breaking that legacy this year. If for some reason it wasn't obvious that I am the perfect manager, I have attached a selfie which should be all the proof a person needs to see that I am the best manager.

View attachment 527134 View attachment 527135
Second picture is me vs the other managers so yeah pretty obvious choice on your part

Shoutouts to Itchy for not locking the thread :) your 11 wow'd posts will be up shortly.
im in

Theia

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)